SIAP (Scrimmage Tonight?)

I didn’t read the article lol. “Barry Jackson is a tool was just a statement”. Five scouts don’t show up to practice two if there’s not talent.
Fair enough. Saved yourself a few mins of time doing so too... lol.

We just need a Cribby Scouting report and we'd all be more intelligent for it too haha.

Advertisement
I'm hopeful Bob Shoops adds a lot of value. He has coached and been successful in the Big Ten and the SEC. All coaches bounce around a lot, but for the most part he has done very well. He certainly knows schemes and isn't afraid to speak his mind. **** he got sued by Penn State when he left/got forced out to go to Tennessee.
Alot of changes on defense to be crying the same old song....

We agree that the scout being quoted here is insane if he thinks only Bubba and Zion are our day 1/2 picks on this team, right? Maybe this scout is salty about being the one that picked Dorsett or Flowers or somebody round 1 lol.

One good season from Mallory as the featured TE and he is right there.
I don't know enough to argue about King so maybe he is day 3, but still.

Who else is he wrong about?

Also sidenote, can anybody explain what the **** is happening with Kipers rankings to put hedley as the 7th punter even though he was considered the 2nd best last year?
Tyrique Stevenson could very well end up picked in top 3 rounds, has all the physical tools and now will get the chance to prove himself.

Advertisement
I swear, yall MF'ers don't read at all.

I referenced EVERY SCRIMMAGE SINCE SPRING.
You missed that part?
And every scrimmage has been limited to a degree. You fail to mention that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

We get it. You don't like the defense and you think the offense is gonna **** itself the 1st time we play a good D.

Got anything good to say about the team?

Or are you just gonna lay in the cut and hope the team sucks so you can be the " I told you so guy" ?

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
How is that schedule any different from the one we played in 2017? I mean just add Notre Dame (a team who didn't pass the ball very well anyway) and it's pretty much exactly the same thing. If you can find a team that ranked in the top ten in pass defense that also played a ton of teams that throw the ball really well, I'd be shocked.

1st off In 2017, we played One FCS school & One G5 school, in 2018, we played One FCS school & Two G5 schools.

2nd, we played four top 25 teams in 2017, w/ 3 of the 4 being ranked in the top 8. In 2018, we played two top 25 teams & they both happened to be #24 & #25 at time of match ups.

3rd, albeit we certainly didn’t face any world beaters launching the ball down field in 2017, either, the passing O collectively was slightly better as the avg passing offense in 2017 was ranked 69th vs 77th in 2018.

Now to answer U’re last statement regarding finding a top 10 pass defense facing teams that pass the ball, U’re absolutely right. That’s why toting out that type of statistic means absolutely nothing. Hence, I provided the entire defensive sequence, including Passing Yards allowed & PY/Completion b/c that actually says more. It’s no different than seeing a Passing Efficient Offense; GT was one of the more passing efficient offenses during Paul Johnson era. Why? B/c they barely threw the ball, but when they did, it was efficient, like 6-10 efficient. That’s bull chit. That doesn’t mean they r good passing the ball.

I’ve learned from The D’No yrs…tell the whole story, not just part. The team in 2019 was efficient against the pass b/c we were playing teams who were grossly INEFFICIENT throwing the ball. Most teams in the top10 in that category are playing against such teams. I saw Bama being #2 in that category & quickly looked over their schedule during the 2017-18 season. They played several teams that were in the top 20-47 including Ole Miss at 11 in passing offense, but they also played a lot of dog chit passing teams.

1st off In 2017, we played One FCS school & One G5 school, in 2018, we played One FCS school & Two G5 schools.

2nd, we played four top 25 teams in 2017, w/ 3 of the 4 being ranked in the top 8. In 2018, we played two top 25 teams & they both happened to be #24 & #25 at time of match ups.

3rd, albeit we certainly didn’t face any world beaters launching the ball down field in 2017, either, the passing O collectively was slightly better as the avg passing offense in 2017 was ranked 69th vs 77th in 2018.

Now to answer U’re last statement regarding finding a top 10 pass defense facing teams that pass the ball, U’re absolutely right. That’s why toting out that type of statistic means absolutely nothing. Hence, I provided the entire defensive sequence, including Passing Yards allowed & PY/Completion b/c that actually says more. It’s no different than seeing a Passing Efficient Offense; GT was one of the more passing efficient offenses during Paul Johnson era. Why? B/c they barely threw the ball, but when they did, it was efficient, like 6-10 efficient. That’s bull chit. That doesn’t mean they r good passing the ball.

I’ve learned from The D’No yrs…tell the whole story, not just part. The team in 2019 was efficient against the pass b/c we were playing teams who were grossly INEFFICIENT throwing the ball. Most teams in the top10 in that category are playing against such teams. I saw Bama being #2 in that category & quickly looked over their schedule during the 2017-18 season. They played several teams that were in the top 20-47 including Ole Miss at 11 in passing offense, but they also played a lot of dog chit passing teams.
Passing efficiency defense is far more significant than any other passing statistic. Passing yardage is a pointless stat. If your opponent runs the ball down your throat they’re probably not going to throw for a ton of yardage. At the same point if a team throws the ball 60 times because they’re getting blown out, there’s a good chance they’ll rack up meaningless yards. Completion % defense is also a poor indicator. If I give up 65% completions but they’re all 5 yard passes that’s way better than giving up 50% completions when all the completions go for big gains. Teams that play in pass happy conferences are going to give up a lot more yardage than teams who play in less pass happy ones. That doesn’t mean they’re worse at defending the pass. It just means their opponents throw the ball a lot more. Efficiency defense is the best overall indicator because it takes in a ton of factors including yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio. Obviously there’s tons of advanced metric numbers but if you’re trying to get an overall sense of how well a team defends the pass without digging into pages of numbers, efficiency defense is the best measure.

"Grown men looking for something to ***** about" or long-time fans who have genuine concerns and are tired of seeing 'more of the same'?

The secondary is gonna be great based on what?
Based on having decent talent and having one of the best db coaches in the country. first point agree to disagree i just feel like you been around too much real football and i don’t like that take lol.

Advertisement
And every scrimmage has been limited to a degree. You fail to mention that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

We get it. You don't like the defense and you think the offense is gonna **** itself the 1st time we play a good D.

Got anything good to say about the team?

Or are you just gonna lay in the cut and hope the team sucks so you can be the " I told you so guy" ?

Go Canes!!
You're late as ****, dodo head. I already dropped it. Yall can have it.

By the way - two things...

1. I also used our past performances and games for "my narrative".
2. I'm always the "told you so" guy, whether it's good or bad, because I know WTF I'm looking at.

If we somehow figure out how to stop teams from nickel and diming us down the field (finally), I'll gladly eat a huge dish of crow.
We'll revisit this conversation if/when that happens.

I'm done.

Passing efficiency defense is far more significant than any other passing statistic. Passing yardage is a pointless stat. If your opponent runs the ball down your throat they’re probably not going to throw for a ton of yardage. At the same point if a team throws the ball 60 times because they’re getting blown out, there’s a good chance they’ll rack up meaningless yards. Completion % defense is also a poor indicator. If I give up 65% completions but they’re all 5 yard passes that’s way better than giving up 50% completions when all the completions go for big gains. Teams that play in pass happy conferences are going to give up a lot more yardage than teams who play in less pass happy ones. That doesn’t mean they’re worse at defending the pass. It just means their opponents throw the ball a lot more. Efficiency defense is the best overall indicator because it takes in a ton of factors including yards per attempt and TD/INT ratio. Obviously there’s tons of advanced metric numbers but if you’re trying to get an overall sense of how well a team defends the pass without digging into pages of numbers, efficiency defense is the best measure.

U know why I Fck w/ u? Ur a stat guy. We have great dialogue, positive bantering w/o name calling or some other b.s. On this subject, I see where U’re coming from, but we’re going to have to agree to disagree. I believe each stat have their own merits, & they tell “a” story, but looking at one stat never tells the whole picture. But I see ur point.

You're late as ****, dodo head. I already dropped it. Yall can have it.

By the way - two things...

1. I also used our past performances and games for "my narrative".
2. I'm always the "told you so" guy, whether it's good or bad, because I know WTF I'm looking at.

If we somehow figure out how to stop teams from nickel and diming us down the field (finally), I'll gladly eat a huge dish of crow.
We'll revisit this conversation if/when that happens.

I'm done.
Dam dawg.. Dodo head? Ok, I guess.

Yo, if you're cool with being the, I told you so guy, then have at it. Not a good look though. Especially if you're trying to be the, I know WTF I'm looking at guy at the same time. By doing so, you come across as irrational and combative and the only people you're going to be able to have a rational discussion with are people that agree with you. You seem like a good dude. That is until someone disagrees with ya. Like I said, not a good look.

Yo, Aint nobody happy with some of our past performances. We can all agree that we have had some serious problems that need to get fixed asap. That's extremely obvious, hence all the coaching changes. We're all hoping for the best, yo! You're literally here freaking out over some some very limited scrimmages and trying to tie these scrimmage stats to past in game performances to create a narrative that we suck. One that allows you to come back here and tell everyone, I TOLD YOU SO. Ain't nobody trying to hear that ****t days before our 1st game of a very promising season.

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
He was stacked brother. I don’t wanna get in the back and forth but that’s a play on

You were right and I was very wrong. My apologies sir. In my defense people there thought the same thing . I was confident because I was sent a photo of Rambos hand in front of his chest and I put two and two together.

Regardless I was wrong.

“Great throw and a great catch“.

You were right and I was very wrong. My apologies sir. In my defense people there thought the same thing . I was confident because I was sent a photo of Rambos hand in front of his chest and I put two and two together.

Regardless I was wrong.

“Great throw and a great catch“.
No sweat bro. I’ll be wrong 1000 times as soon as the season starts lol I’ll admit though I’ve watched some Rique film and I’m too hard on him.. I found where my real gripe with him is.. I haven’t seen him at corner so I just pegged him as a athletic freak who’s a master of none. Good at everything great at nothing.. I’m excited to see him outside with T-Rob coaching

@Coach Macho covered this entire thread in lime again. There's a cycle... He tries to remind the board every offseason the defense is mierda, but since there's hope every offseason he's the villain, once we see it with our own eyes in the regular season he's the almighty once again.

Advertisement
Back