SIAP - Rivals article on who recruits want as HC

Advertisement
Sure looks like a large army is doing all it can to keep Butch out of Miami. Even use little kids. Gee, I wonder if they are scared?

It’s not surprising that he was able to get his players to buy in, especially after speaking with him. Davis told me that when he was recruiting a player, if he asked Davis about the state of the depth chart, they would stop recruiting the player. He wanted guys who wanted to fight for their position.

Why Butch Davis Should Be the Next Miami Hurricanes Football Coach - State of The U

Everyone should send that article to Blake James. bjames@miami.edu

We need to keep pounding them or they will ***** this up.

The Cristobal love from South Florida coaches and players, and the national media, is borderline bizarre.

Advertisement
DE Joseph Jackson
Status: Jackson remains committed to Miami, but Notre Dame, Florida, Alabama and South Carolina remain involved. Jackson plans to take all five official visits allotted to him.
Pick: None
In his words: "I'm not fit to pick a coach. I'm not fit to answer that. It's not my best suit."

DB Al Blades
Status: A 2018 prospect, Blades was committed to Miami but backed off his pledge upon the removal of Al Golden.
Pick: Former Miami head coach Butch Davis
In his words: "I think there's a lot of names out there to choose from. I think they should just take their time and choose who best fits what there trying to do."

These two young men get it.

The Cristobal love from South Florida coaches and players, and the national media, is borderline bizarre.

not borderline. I still can't wrap my brain around it. Why Mario? I mean sure he probably has good relations with the coaches and recruits down here for Bama, but seriously? Nearly every single one of them want him for HC here? And now they're even talking to their kids about him? There's a disconnect here somewhere and I'm just not getting it. Is it strictly the nepotism of "if Mario is at UM I'll get mine"? Or is there more to it? I'm honestly baffled.

not borderline. I still can't wrap my brain around it. Why Mario? I mean sure he probably has good relations with the coaches and recruits down here for Bama, but seriously? Nearly every single one of them want him for HC here? And now they're even talking to their kids about him? There's a disconnect here somewhere and I'm just not getting it. Is it strictly the nepotism of "if Mario is at UM I'll get mine"? Or is there more to it? I'm honestly baffled.

It's not just nepotism / the expectation of future rewards. He has been Alabama's bag man for years, he has already shared the wealth. This is services rendered for payments received, not just the expectation of future rewards.

With the media, it is the safe and cheap hire they expect us to make and want us to make so we stay in our current place.

I am going to become a journalist because apparently you need no training or skill to come up with stories.

Second, the players picked both Shannon and ****er...so their input is irrelevant

Advertisement
Sure looks like a large army is doing all it can to keep Butch out of Miami. Even use little kids. Gee, I wonder if they are scared?

It’s not surprising that he was able to get his players to buy in, especially after speaking with him. Davis told me that when he was recruiting a player, if he asked Davis about the state of the depth chart, they would stop recruiting the player. He wanted guys who wanted to fight for their position.

Why Butch Davis Should Be the Next Miami Hurricanes Football Coach - State of The U

Great fap material right there

It's really something else, isn't it? I have to think it's a combination of the following:

1) Mario made these local coaches happy by offering their lesser athletes. A "freedom" allowed by coaching for a **** program in a recruiting hotbed.

2) In so doing, he built strong relationships with the local coaches. I think they like the guy and thinks he "gets it," so they're genuinely rooting on him.

3) Mario's move to Alabama was genius for his career. His star shines brighter just by coaching under the godly Saban.

4) He gets credited for "turning around" FIU's program despite a sixth year record of 3-9.

5) Add all of that to the fact that he's a "Miami guy," and he is a perceived thoroughbred down here.

Great fap material right there

It is, but it also begs the question - would that approach even work anymore? Every kid asks about the depth chart nowadays - how many top athletes did we miss on and then brush off because they were "scared of competition", only to have them blow up at school X or Y? Part of Butch's appeal is his "you're with us or against us" attitude... That was also part of Randy Shannon's appeal. Not saying the two are remotely similar coaches, but a "hey kid, play for us or lose to us" mentality just doesn't cut it anymore in recruiting, IMO.

And for the record, Butch is my #2 choice behind Herman - I think he's a good coach and would do very well here to galvanize the team for the next few years. Just a thought...

Advertisement
I really don't care if butch or mario is our next coach. I'm more worried about the staff.

HC's pick the staff and it usually comes mostly from coaches they have worked with. With Mario you get Mario people. With Butch you get future NFL HCs. All that matters is who we get as HC.

Who were the future NFL head coaches at UNC?

The Shannon pick had me cracking up. No offense to the young man, but do a bit of research.

no mention of coker? who rose UTSA from the dead

It's back to being dead after essentially one good year. I always liked Coer as a person having talked to him a bit through the years and was happy to see what he was doing there. I guess the newness has worn off there.

Advertisement
I am going to become a journalist because apparently you need no training or skill to come up with stories.

Obviously you don't need much journalism to repay what is essentially some recruit opinions. Having said that, why do you have a problem with the journalist? My only issue with the entire article is how he let the one kid make a fool of himself by saying Shannon. I would've educated the young man on Shannon and us.

Advertisement
Back