SIAP...Returners?

He has wiggle. You don’t do what he did at the UA game without having wiggle. He just struggled to find the seams at KR.

PR requires a different skillset.

My take is that he wasn't getting the speed of the game so he wasn't hitting holes properly. To be fair, he wasn't getting very good blocking.

Maybe he's got the wiggle, but I've not seen it yet.

Advertisement
I'll be the first to sing his praises if he turns out to be good at it, but the point remains. There is no reason to think he'll be good. Good coverage will help, but thus far he's shown no wiggle. Not knocking, just pointing out a fact.
Miami’s blocking hasn’t been good over the years, I’d love to see a couple special teams tds this year. You’re good I know you ain’t knocking him, Thomas wasn’t impressive on kick returns but he did have a couple nice ones and I’ll just chalk it up to making freshman mistakes.

If memory serves me right, back on signing day, the coaches were saying that they expected Nigel to have an impact in the return game this year. I have not heard much about it since then, but for that matter, I haven't heard to much about special teams at all.

Nigel is my sleeper this year regarding the return game, but I anticipate Deejay and Thomas getting majority of the work.

Advertisement
Back