SIAP...Returners?

Advertisement
I don't know, whoever the staff chooses?

I guess that's crazy, I'll just go with whoever you guys pick.

Deejay/Thomas/Pope on KR's. Maybe Lingard gets some burn there. Could see Pope at PR but not sure who else. Brax didn't rack up the yards but he was reliable as all ****.

Advertisement
Thomas Deejay Linguard Pope on KR and Deejay or Thomas on PR!! I think Thomas will be more comfortable i think he will breakout this year!

PR- DJ and JT
KR- Lo/JT & Pope/Harley

Find role for guys. Get guys touches they may not get during the game.

Advertisement
Based on the options that people are throwing out there I’d hope it’s DJ, unless Thomas has developed some wiggle. Last year he’d use that 80mph speed he has and run right into people. And the other options are true Freshmans? Be careful what you wish for. I guess they call it “ball security”these days.

Just catch the **** football on punt return. Berrios not only caught every single punt last year, he made diving stops on some in order to save hidden yardage. It's such an underrated part of the game. I don't care who is back there and how much wiggle they have.....just NEVER drop the football is all I ask.

Moose Griffith, because big guys never fumble..... or so a wise man once said.

Advertisement
Based on the options that people are throwing out there I’d hope it’s DJ, unless Thomas has developed some wiggle. Last year he’d use that 80mph speed he has and run right into people. And the other options are true Freshmans? Be careful what you wish for. I guess they call it “ball security”these days.
The guys he ran into weren't supposed to be there. Our KR design is built around blockers creating lanes in specific areas. The return man is supposed to trust the blocking and run to those areas.

As much as I love DeeJay, if there's one area of his game that needs work, it's finding his blocking assignment on kick returns. Go back and watch. Several time you see JT run straight into a man, you also notice that Dallas didn't block anybody--not for lack of effort, though. It just seemed like he was late in identifying who he was supposed to block.

Advertisement
Deejay PR / Thomas KR

Thought it was the other way around, at least in the spring.

Thomas on KOR was so underwhelming last year which was disappointing because he has the perfect athletic makeup for it. Instead, he was a straight line kid with zero wiggle back there. I recall back in the spring there were reports that he was better suited as a PR guy instead which makes zero sense b/c you need even more wiggle at that position.

Hopefully it's a comfort level thing with him but he definitely should get another shot b/c of his elite speed.

I'm surprised there's not more talk of Lo returning kicks. He'd be ideally suited for it as well, more so than Harley.

Advertisement
Back