SIAP - Pfenninger

Advertisement
Advertisement
Coaches are pretty much ******** me here and seems like they already decided on who was going to play before I showed up. I had a tremendous camp and have been out performing guys in practice that are playing more than me in the games but it is what it is. I can only control my performance, the rest is out of my hands. I really appreciate everyone's support on here.

Coaches are pretty much ******** me here and seems like they already decided on who was going to play before I showed up. I had a tremendous camp and have been out performing guys in practice that are playing more than me in the games but it is what it is. I can only control my performance, the rest is out of my hands. I really appreciate everyone's support on here.

Just keep grinding, man. Hopefully they come around.

Advertisement

Unfortunately, politics seems to rear it's ugly head everywhere these days and the coaching profession is seemingly one of the worst offenders. Fox and Pole (on the surface) look satisfied in their station and don't rock the boat; playing Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois players keeps their pipeline open with local coaches and their jobs intact, as the PFL is a low cost league and only a few schools really try to win it (Neighbors kid played for Dayton and know one playing for them now).

Prepare thy **** next week little buddy. Just watched whole SDSU game yesterday, real deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Prepare thy **** next week little buddy. Just watched whole SDSU game yesterday, real deal.

That's what I've heard, they're supposed to have several guys on O that could get drafted. I'm fully confident in my abilities, hopefully we don't come out flat like last week.

Advertisement
If given the chance, would you make the same decision over again, or do something differently?

I've talked with my parents about it and this is a tough one. I don't like living with regrets and believe at the time I made the best choice for myself. The deciding factor for me came down to being able to get a Master's degree in a year's time, with it being a Master's of Law here at Drake.

My plan is to be a sports agent, which requires some type of post grad degree before you can take your certification, so I wanted something I could get done in a year to get certified asap and this particular degree will be useful for me. My other choice it came down to was Bryant University, where I could've gotten a Master's in Communication in 1.5-2 years which I don't think would have been as useful or an M.B.A. in 2 years which is valuable, but I was stuck thinking about getting done as quickly as I could.

I miss Miami a lot and although I barely ever played there, I was much happier than my situation currently. I know things can change in just one play and I'm trying to take it a day at a time and control everything in my power. Football-wise looking at it now Bryant would have been the smarter decision but at the time it seemed pretty even, I won't really know maybe for a few years if getting my degree in a year's time will really pay off with trying to sign players that I know or not.

That's what I've heard, they're supposed to have several guys on O that could get drafted. I'm fully confident in my abilities, hopefully we don't come out flat like last week.

I think they played at TCU last year during Labor Day weekend.
If it's the team I thinking of, they gave TCU a good game for 3 quarters.
And they didn't look out of place.
They had a white WR who was pretty good too.
Albeit, that wasn't one of the better TCU teams, but they were impressive nonetheless.

Advertisement
If given the chance, would you make the same decision over again, or do something differently?

I've talked with my parents about it and this is a tough one. I don't like living with regrets and believe at the time I made the best choice for myself. The deciding factor for me came down to being able to get a Master's degree in a year's time, with it being a Master's of Law here at Drake.

My plan is to be a sports agent, which requires some type of post grad degree before you can take your certification, so I wanted something I could get done in a year to get certified asap and this particular degree will be useful for me. My other choice it came down to was Bryant University, where I could've gotten a Master's in Communication in 1.5-2 years which I don't think would have been as useful or an M.B.A. in 2 years which is valuable, but I was stuck thinking about getting done as quickly as I could.

I miss Miami a lot and although I barely ever played there, I was much happier than my situation currently. I know things can change in just one play and I'm trying to take it a day at a time and control everything in my power. Football-wise looking at it now Bryant would have been the smarter decision but at the time it seemed pretty even, I won't really know maybe for a few years if getting my degree in a year's time will really pay off with trying to sign players that I know or not.
Solid choice imo. Keep at it man. Eyes on the prize.

I don't really believe that there's a guiding hand, but us old folks can tell you that things seem to work out in the end. Down the line you'll find yourself in a great spot...you may wonder what could have been, but with your attitude you'll have few real regrets.

Keep grinding.

Good stuff man.

Best of luck to you. You're definitely a **** of a lot more focused than I was at that time. You're going to do just fine.

Never Sunday Morning QB your decisions (college fan version of the saying), just press on and do your best in the given situation. As a father, I learned more from my child then they ever learned from me, but I was happy when they told me that the Never QB advice was some of the best I had ever given.

You have drive and ambition, something you can't teach; this is another stop on your journey to the mountain's summit.

Advertisement
Back