SIAP...NIL fixed.

Not getting into P-tics here but...

I think DeSantis would have vetoed it anyway... he was a major supporter and proponent of this from the beginning. He touted how we were the first state to approve it and with potential 2024 aspirations for him would have made him look very very bad.
FL Guv, like most other State Executives has Specified/Specific/Partial Line Item Veto authority (not total) over Appropriations only. And this even has an exception of a given bill(s) Summary where they can try (although very rare) to sneak in implied Budget Authority on pick-a-topic (like Federal NDAA chicanery). The offending ammendment wasnt in an Approps Bill, so he would have had to veto the whole thing...and that appeared unlikely at best.

Advertisement

I think DeSantis would have vetoed it anyway... he was a major supporter and proponent of this from the beginning. He touted how we were the first state to approve it and with potential 2024 aspirations for him would have made him look very very bad.
you are 100% correct. the NCAA behind the scenes tried to muscle in with subtle threats to some in the leadership. not everyone was aware. when the gov found out he hit the roof. they put him in a bind cause not only the NIL but the bill they slipped it in he was pushing and behind. he called a few reps and told them to fix it. he was smart enough to reach out to a coaches bloodline currently a representative to work on the fix. win win for everyone. they got it fixed.

NIL will be the ultimate get what you wish for.. a massive can of worms.. that can only partially ruin college football or make it unwatchable.

Advertisement

If it hadn't made the news, he probably never would've know it was in there.

So basically Manny got a brother around the same age with the same name?
He makes no mention of being related to the other famous Manny Diazes of Dade County.

- Hialeah born and raised (ahora bîtches!)
- Miami Springs HS
- STA University and NSU grad
- Has been in bith Fl House and Senate
- blah blah blah blah

Good for him in helping to sort out the NIL mess.

By all indications (including the Manny Diaz Sr of Manuela fame), they share a name but not family.

I I didnt even use Wikipedia to sound so smurtz inz stuffz 😂

Last edited:
He makes no mention of being related to the other famous Manny Diazes of Dade County.

- Hialeah born and raised (ahora bîtches!)
- Miami Springs HS
- STA University and NSU grad
- Has been in bith Fl House and Senate
- blah blah blah blah

Good for him in helping to sort out the NIL mess.

By all indications (including the Manny Diaz Sr of Manuela fame), they share a name but not family.
Appreciate the info … And that is crazy

Advertisement
Didn’t know which NIL thread to post this in - but it would seem this one may have the potential to blow all others out of the water:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back