SIAP: Miami and BYU cancel future home and home series

Advertisement
Utah is my home away from home. This sucks. Was really looking forward to that one. What a great place.

If we could replace them with OSU, USC, OU, UW, or UGA that would be great. Tired of this crap scheduling every year. We need to play big games.

**** Utah. I’m not trying to drink 38 3% beers to try to get a buzz.
i spent st patricks day in salt lake a few years ago. needless to say, i spent as much time peeing as i did drinking. the buzz never arrived.

but i love high west bourye

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never saw a dude complete so many passes while almost flat on his back. Close game. Still should’ve been a win. Seemed like maybe Miami didn’t take BYU seriously enough going into it.
I’ll also never forget the mountainous backdrop behind that stadium. Amazing on the tv to watch when they showed it.

Before Hal Mumme and Leach those BYU teams had some lethal offenses.

Never saw a dude complete so many passes while almost flat on his back. Close game. Still should’ve been a win. Seemed like maybe Miami didn’t take BYU seriously enough going into it.

It was altitude, too. Not quite as high as Denver, but high enough to make a difference to those who aren't used to it. I know that our guys went out to Boulder to play the Buffs in the 90s and survived that game at altitude, but it's probably a different story when Ty Detmer is dinking and dunking you down the field. The defense was gassed chasing that offense around all game at 4,500 feet. I strongly believe that if that game had been played at the Orange Bowl, the outcome would have been very different. That wasn't a bad Miami team.

Advertisement
I strongly believe that if that game had been played at the Orange Bowl, the outcome would have been very different. That wasn't a bad Miami team.
Well, considering the fact that NO ONE could beat Miami in the Orange Bowl during that era, I think you’re on solid ground with that belief.

Advertisement
Back