SIAP: Manny Diaz Goes In-Depth On Defensive Philosophy

Advertisement
5KEf1H.gif

Is that Kirby starting to choke Dorito ?

Fans talking **** to D'Oh got under his skin. Stands were on top of the benches basically.

We can look at Florida's defense year in and year out. Their DB'S look great because they of the front 7 putting pressure on the QB. I agree with you 100%

They are saying all the right things. We will see how it translates to the field. I have high hopes, but they have been dashed before.

Agreed but saying (and hopefully actually believing in) the right things is half the battle. The most we ever got from the previous clown show in charge of the D was half-hearted horsesh!t overtures to the public and media about "opening things up" and "new wrinkles" and "being more aggressive....in certain instances" when they knew full well they were going to sink or swim with what their guru, Al Groh, had brainwashed them with. So sure, everything about this new D has to be proven with actual results on the field but I'll sure as **** take talk about scheme and principles that I can embrace for now rather than talk that'd raise red flags.

Advertisement
No legit DT's? Do these people not study the make up of this team? Gerald Willis and Courtel are going to dominate in this D

The persona that we Canes fans have created of D'onofrio is absolutely hysterical. The guy just looked like he was in shambles on the sideline. Fatboy was way out his league coaching in Miami; shame on what happened to some of the athletes on defense in the last couple of years.

"Can he play safety though?"

I've been on board with the Diaz hire from day one. Think his style fits this area like a glove and just as importantly, once kids see his attacking defense in action, they will want to be a part of it. Couple that with Coach Kool coaching up the D line and watch out opposing QBs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back