SIAP: Let's Talk Defense

Advertisement
scrap this bull**** scheme and run a 4-3.
Hard to make it work in modern football
Unless two of your lbs were hybrid players who could play in space and cover
Even 425 is getting tough to win with in todays cfb that relies more on space and spreading you out
But I’m with you I’m a fan of 4 man fronts
I wouldn’t mind seeing something similar to what pitt runs

Advertisement
Hard to make it work in modern football
Unless two of your lbs were hybrid players who could play in space and cover
Even 425 is getting tough to win with in todays cfb that relies more on space and spreading you out
But I’m with you I’m a fan of 4 man fronts
I wouldn’t mind seeing something similar to what pitt runs
it is a base 4-3. you got to 4-2-5 on obvious passing down or blitz accordingly.

And Manny and Shoop both have accomplished more as DCs than Nunez has as an AD.
Great argument.
Shoop doesn't need to be DC
Trust me...if you dont, 5han make a legit argument.
He does not have a great track record...not one that's proven
I would rather hire an up and comer without his experience than trust his defense.

Advertisement
Great argument.
Shoop doesn't need to be DC
Trust me...if you dont, 5han make a legit argument.
He does not have a great track record...not one that's proven
I would rather hire an up and comer without his experience than trust his defense.

Lol. You clearly didn’t read what I wrote. One of the FIRST things I said was that I don’t want Shoop as our DC. So we are in agreement there. Literally said that in this thread. I was mainly
combatting the statement that him as a DC would be equivalent to Nunez as DC, that’s all.

Lol. You clearly didn’t read what I wrote. One of the FIRST things I said was that I don’t want Shoop as our DC. So we are in agreement there. Literally said that in this thread. I was mainly
combatting the statement that him as a DC would be equivalent to Nunez as DC, that’s all.
It's all good

Advertisement
Assume the HC is Mario - he's learned from Saban to hire coordinators that have been Head Coaches - not always but it's a preference
Jim Knowles - former Ivy League head coach
Brad Lambert - jump started the Charlotte program
Muschamp - overrated asf but it's an option
Gary Patterson - doubt he'd want to do it
DJ Durkin - I'd like to take him from Ole Miss but he has his "baggage" - which is bs to me - but he's a great coordinator with HC experience at Maryland
Your thoughts on Derek Mason?

Clearly the choice needs to be Beardy Ryan.

john lewis lol GIF

Advertisement
Glenn Schumann intrigues me but doesn't have experience calling a defense
Jim Knowles from Oklahoma State - everyone knows I've been clamoring for him since he was at Duke - looks like Florida is on him
Mike Tressel from Cincinnati - good track record dating back to Michigan State - probably stays in the Great Lakes region somewhere
Zach Arnett - Miss State - good track record and a good coaching tree but not the scheme that's gonna excite everyone
Kurt Mattix - same tree as Arnett
Jon Heacock from Iowa State - probably top 5 in the country - not sure if someone could get him to leave Iowa State for whatever reason
Doug Belk from Houston - good upcoming name killing it this year
Tony Gibson from NCST - lot of respect for him dating back to West Virginia
Brad Lambert from Purdue - I think he had Marshall as the best D in the country last year and in 1 year took Purdue from the 60s to a top 20 defense
Heacock and Lambert all **** day

I don’t get Riley hooking his wagon to Grinch. I don’t see it with him. Like at all.
You'll know very soon at SC. They will have a roster that should win year 1.

If the defense is still ****, it's pretty clear what's going on.

What Brad Lambert did at Marshall was outstanding. That defense was fun to watch and got results. He'd be a homerun hire as far as x's and o's, I just don't know anything about his recruiting ability since it was Marshall and they're not big game hunting.

Advertisement
Back