SIAP Jimbo/Nick Saban beef

Either way. I’m good with whatever you want. It’s getting old. He can’t even admit they were bagging kids up under the table with limited competition. That’s boring too.
If he wanted to defend Bama and Saban that’s fine, but he was just shilling the same trash I’d find if I read their boards. After reading 10-15 of his porsts I was like “he gotta go.”

Advertisement
If he wanted to defend Bama and Saban that’s fine, but he was just shilling the same trash I’d find if I read their boards. After reading 10-15 of his porsts I was like “he gotta go.”
You’ve actually convinced me rather easily. I still yet have many things to learn from you.

AC53E711-C039-43A7-8A63-18EC840A1E70.gif

BAMA has been competing with every team in the NCAA for over a hundred years for the elite talent in college football and is doing just fine. I would say that BAMA just accumulated more talent than the aggies if you look at recruiting and the amount of talent that just came through the transfer portal. As far as the media storm, as Steve Spurrier said best about Jimbo Fisher, "Did Saban say something that wasn't true"? The SEC commish stated bluntly in his response, "We're seeing just straight payments."

Of course, they are.
This was false info?

C'mon.

Advertisement
This was false info?

C'mon.
It’s cumulative. Telling me to prove Bama paid players under the table with limited competition prior to NIL is an outright lie. He’s saying it didn’t happen. That said, it’s a separate issue from whether or not to give him an infraction for it.

That said again - Dude’s game is getting old. He can’t even admit the bag dropping advantage a few including Bama had. It’s getting boring.

You think that statement was 100% correct?
"BAMA has been competing with every team in the NCAA for over a hundred years for the elite talent in college football and is doing just fine..."
- True.

"...I would say that BAMA just accumulated more talent than the aggies if you look at recruiting and the amount of talent that just came through the transfer portal..."
- True I suppose.

"...As far as the media storm, as Steve Spurrier said best about Jimbo Fisher, "Did Saban say something that wasn't true"?..."
- Saban lied like the dog he is. Bama fans can't accept it. Bannable though??

"...The SEC commish stated bluntly in his response, "We're seeing just straight payments."..."
- True-ish depending on who they are meaning

"...Of course, they are."
- Tuskywusky lost the plot on this one. I have no idea what he was saying.

I'm The People's Mauderator baby!!!

I guarantee you that Bama fans are all over other boards doing the same sht.
Problem is that this isn’t like politics where you keep hammering the same point over and over and over again until it becomes fact.

Saban and his little rant was the classic dog in a corner response.
When in a corner and faced with adversity or a problem you can’t handle the only option is to quit or go on the offensive.
Now their fans are also going on the offensive trying to sway any narrative of Alabama, god forbid, having done any previous recruiting shenanigans. Everyone that follows recruiting down here knows all the bs that has gone on. This is the first time Alabama and their network of con artist have sat down with several players where the offer wasn’t big enough legally and the illegal one wasn’t as attractive.

Nothing upsets wealthy powerful people more than not being able to yield that wealth and power in their favor. Now imagine some good ole boy 65 year old millionaire from Bama having a 17 yearl old player telling him no thank you, Your money just isn’t enough.

So what do Bama fans have left to say but to come on hear and say “prove it”.
Prove that my lord and savior Nicktator Saban has done any wrong doing.
El O El!!

Bama will still be top 5 in recruiting and maybe still be tops. But it ain’t gonna be a **** cake walk like it was before. And Saban doesn’t have the energy to be calling kids every **** day. Not with 4 car dealerships and commitments and commercials he has outside of being a head coach.

Just because Bama had all of that states money men behind them doesn’t mean they’re gonna compete with the backing that other schools have. Northwestern probably has more legit nil money than Bama if they wanted to.

The reason they’re scared of nil is becoaise you have to have a trail of paperwork showing what you are actually paying and why.

The big 12 and the sec went to Washington for 2 separate reasons.
The sec went cause they know they can somewhat keep up legally but they can’t dominate like they did before.

The big 12 went along because a lot of their schools really have no chance.

Saban and the rest are hoping that Ruiz can go down. His model is legit and he has the profits to not only sustain but to legitimize the amount being played. Paying several dudes 500k a year to go sign jerseys at a local restaurant is not sustainable nor fair market value for an appearance.
Former presidents get less than that to give a speech.
Collectives are not what nil is supposed to be but the ncaa can’t do squat if that state says it’s legal.

Advertisement
It’s cumulative. Telling me to prove Bama paid players under the table with limited competition prior to NIL is an outright lie. He’s saying it didn’t happen. That said, it’s a separate issue from whether or not to give him an infraction for it.

That said again - Dude’s game is getting old. He can’t even admit the bag dropping advantage a few including Bama had. It’s getting boring.
I guess. This is a thread about Bama and their pending DOOM! DOOM! D O O M! (say that in booming voice).

If Tuskywusky is a ********* and wants to see Saban lick taint, who are we to judge his humiliation kink?

Now, Tuskywusky starts with Roll Tide Roll in other threads, we are going to need a clean up on aisle 3.

I guess. This is a thread about Bama and their pending DOOM! (say that in booming voice).

If Tuskywusky is a ********* and wants to see Saban lick taint, who are we to judge his humiliation kink?

Now, Tuskywusky starts with Roll Tide Roll in other threads, we are going to need a clean up on aisle 3.
I think that’s very reasonable as well. If he’s limited to Bama threads that’s something to consider.

"BAMA has been competing with every team in the NCAA for over a hundred years for the elite talent in college football and is doing just fine..."
- True.

"...I would say that BAMA just accumulated more talent than the aggies if you look at recruiting and the amount of talent that just came through the transfer portal..."
- True I suppose.

"...As far as the media storm, as Steve Spurrier said best about Jimbo Fisher, "Did Saban say something that wasn't true"?..."
- Saban lied like the dog he is. Bama fans can't accept it. Bannable though??

"...The SEC commish stated bluntly in his response, "We're seeing just straight payments."..."
- True-ish depending on who they are meaning

"...Of course, they are."
- Tuskywusky lost the plot on this one. I have no idea what he was saying.

I'm The People's Mauderator baby!!!
Your assessment is fair, impartial, even. I just don’t see why the same drivel that we can read on a Bama board should be dripped across these hallowed pages.

But yanno what, I’m in a kind of mood. I’ll rescind that warning. He can come in and play until dark.

Don’t think the dude should be banned. Light him up all you want - BAMA BS can’t stand the light of the sun.

also don’t think constant racial attacks do anything but lead to more perpetuation of racism. Dude got called a honk, a cracker, and a redneck in the same thread - or at least, those phrases were allowed to be used and not moderated.

All racial slurs. If the reverse happened no one here would tolerate it. Racism begets racism. It’s unnecessary - we can destroy BAMA supporters just as easily without.
We had a white poster calling a Bama guy a cracker. We have black posters calling each other the N word. I’m not resolving it here nor am I going down this rabbit hole.

Advertisement
Advertisement
BAMA has been competing with every team in the NCAA for over a hundred years for the elite talent in college football and is doing just fine. I would say that BAMA just accumulated more talent than the aggies if you look at recruiting and the amount of talent that just came through the transfer portal. As far as the media storm, as Steve Spurrier said best about Jimbo Fisher, "Did Saban say something that wasn't true"? The SEC commish stated bluntly in his response, "We're seeing just straight payments."

Of course, they are.

Listen, you can go fvck yourself with "Spurrier's comments". He's another SEC apologist. Same with your corrupt commissioner. You don't get to bootstrap Saban's lies into "truth" by a couple of SEC apologists making apologies for what Saban said.

What Nick Saban said is what is at issue, not "what other people said about what Nick Saban said". Nor is it important what Nick Saban said LATER on his apology tour.

Let's go to the tape.

1. "A&M bought every player on their team" - LIE. First, the school is not paying for NIL. Even if you make the argument that an aTm Collective spent a bunch of NIL money, the reports only relate to the recruiting class, not the entire roster.

2. "We didn't buy one player" - LIE. First, Alabama has been illegally buying players FOR DECADES. But even if you want to limit this to an apples-to-apples comparison, let's break this down. Saban immediately preceded this comment by saying aTm "bought every player on their team". Do returning players (guys already on the roster) count? Because if so, SABAN HAD JUST BRAGGED ABOUT ALABAMA PLAYERS MAKING $3 MILLION IN NIL LAST YEAR. So, legally or illegally, Saban JUST ADMITTED to buying existing roster players. "Oh, but that's not what Saban meant, he was talking about recruits". OK, then let's focus on recruits. Again, Saban JUST ADMITTED that Alabama had a collective. Is he trying to claim that NONE of the Alabama recruits are going to get NIL deals? Because we all know that isn't true. Wait, wait, I guess that it is POSSIBLE that Saban's comments are not a lie, in the sense that Alabama didn't buy ONE player, they bought EIGHTY-FIVE players, but that's a technicality.

3. "But I don't know if we're going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it" - TRUTH. Saban is admitting that he's not going to be able to refrain from "not buying one player" (in and of itself, a lie) because of, I guess, peer pressure.

4. "We are where we are, alright, because the litigation that the NCAA gets" - LIE. The Alston case was NOT NOT NOT an NIL case. It was a case involving academic achievement benefits PROVIDED DIRECTLY BY THE UNIVERSITY. The NCAA then VOLUNTARILY, and not as a result of a court order, changed the rules to allow NIL.

5. "Yada yada yada" (some nonsense about the NCAA not giving transfer kids a waiver, and then the kids would file lawsuits, and then the NCAA would back off) - LIE. Obviously, Saban is trying to deflect criticism from his partner in crime, Mark Emmert. Yes, some players would appeal the denial of a trasfer waiver, and would do so before the NCAA. Nick Saban cannot point to any string of "you denied my waiver, I'm filing a federal lawsuit" cases. Furthermore, just as the Alston case is NOT an NIL case, so too is "the Portal" not the same as NIL. What Nick Saban is trying to do is lull you into thinking one thing is the same as a completely different thing, when that is not the case.

6. "****, read about it in the paper, I mean Jackson State paid a guy a million dollars last year that was a really good Division I player to come to school, it was in the paper, and they bragged about it; nobody did anything about it." - LIE AFTER LIE AFTER LIE. First, Nick Saban tries to tell you TWICE that this story was in the paper, yet it wasn't. There was internet speculation about what Travis Hunter was offered to choose Jackson State, but no "paper" ever reported definitively and with proof that Hunter was paid a particular sum. Why? Because "papers" don't do that, since they know they would open themselves up to defamation lawsuits if they did so with no proof, no sources, and no verification. More importantly (and as stated above), it was never alleged by anyone ("papers" or internet sites) that "Jackson State" paid Travis Hunter anything, the rumors have always involved BARSTOOL SPORTS. As for the "million dollars" sum, where is Saban's proof? Now that NIL is LEGAL, there is NO INCENTIVE for Barstool Sports or Travis Hunter to commit multiple felonies by NOT disclosing the payment. Furthermore, Travis Hunter was NOT "a really good Division I player", he was a high school student. Additionally, there was no "bragging" about Jackson State paying Travis Hunter a million dollars. NOWHERE. Finally, "nobody did anything about it". ABOUT WHAT, Nicky? The "bragging"? Or the payment that Jackson State never made? What do you want your buddy Mark Emmert to do about the hurt and pain you suffered from JACKSON STATE?

7. "I mean, these guys at Miami that are going there to play basketball for $400,000, it's in the newspaper, the guy tells you how he's doing it...so, um, but the NCAA can't enforce their rules because it's not against the law." - LIE. There are not "guys" plural that are getting paid $400,000. There was ONE person, Nijel Pack, whose NIL deal was announced publicly. It was not in the newspaper, it was a tweet to the entire world. And the NCAA ABSOLUTELY can enforce its rules, but "the guy" (John Ruiz) is BOTH following the spirit and letter of the NIL rules AND obeying the laws of the State of Florida.

Simply stated, Nick Saban is a liar. He told two minutes worth of lies and is acting like he didn't. And you yourself are trying to wallpaper over his lies with some comments that Steve Spurrier and the SEC Commissioner made. Which makes you a liar too.

I guarantee you that Bama fans are all over other boards doing the same sht.
Problem is that this isn’t like politics where you keep hammering the same point over and over and over again until it becomes fact.

Saban and his little rant was the classic dog in a corner response.
When in a corner and faced with adversity or a problem you can’t handle the only option is to quit or go on the offensive.
Now their fans are also going on the offensive trying to sway any narrative of Alabama, god forbid, having done any previous recruiting shenanigans. Everyone that follows recruiting down here knows all the bs that has gone on. This is the first time Alabama and their network of con artist have sat down with several players where the offer wasn’t big enough legally and the illegal one wasn’t as attractive.

Nothing upsets wealthy powerful people more than not being able to yield that wealth and power in their favor. Now imagine some good ole boy 65 year old millionaire from Bama having a 17 yearl old player telling him no thank you, Your money just isn’t enough.

So what do Bama fans have left to say but to come on hear and say “prove it”.
Prove that my lord and savior Nicktator Saban has done any wrong doing.
El O El!!

Bama will still be top 5 in recruiting and maybe still be tops. But it ain’t gonna be a **** cake walk like it was before. And Saban doesn’t have the energy to be calling kids every **** day. Not with 4 car dealerships and commitments and commercials he has outside of being a head coach.

Just because Bama had all of that states money men behind them doesn’t mean they’re gonna compete with the backing that other schools have. Northwestern probably has more legit nil money than Bama if they wanted to.

The reason they’re scared of nil is becoaise you have to have a trail of paperwork showing what you are actually paying and why.

The big 12 and the sec went to Washington for 2 separate reasons.
The sec went cause they know they can somewhat keep up legally but they can’t dominate like they did before.

The big 12 went along because a lot of their schools really have no chance.

Saban and the rest are hoping that Ruiz can go down. His model is legit and he has the profits to not only sustain but to legitimize the amount being played. Paying several dudes 500k a year to go sign jerseys at a local restaurant is not sustainable nor fair market value for an appearance.
Former presidents get less than that to give a speech.
Collectives are not what nil is supposed to be but the ncaa can’t do squat if that state says it’s legal.
The funny thing is that Ruiz is doing it right and doing it well. I never heard of Life Wallet until NIL even though it had already been doing business and about to go public.

So, a big win for Ruiz and the U of Miami.

What world has watched no rules, no limits work in the name of sports? So we got, no salary cap, no contracts, not even a luxury cap tax to make overbidding a little more painful. Kids can get it all at one school, millions in fact, and this has already happened, and simply jump in the magic portal and do it all again somewhere else.

Wrong, liar.

Current NIL deals pay out over YEARS. All the money is not paid up front, prior to enrollment. I realize this is a hard concept for you to grasp, as Alabama has been spending hundreds of thousands of dollars (in cash and Dodge Chargers) to high school recruits, PRE-ENROLLMENT, so I can understand your sense of frustration in the past when a recruit that Alabama purchased chose to transfer.

Under the current rules, a student-athlete only gets one "free" transfer. After that,he has to sit out for a year (unless he gets a waiver).

So unless Alabama is ******** up the system by paying all of its illicit AND legal (NIL) inducements to recruits prior to enrollment, the standard understanding at the other 120 Division I schools is that nobody has to pay once a kid transfers out (and there are a bunch of perfectly legal ways to insure that is exactly what happens).

You are purely hypothesizing/fantasizing about "the kid who got multiple paydays". It's a bogeyman. It's how a school like Alabama, which has cheated with near-impunity for 100 years, tries to scare everyone else out of being involved in the LEGAL payment of student-athletes.

Advertisement
Back