SIAP...Has Lance Roffers posted anything on Gattis?

Advertisement
Very few posts and like half of the ones that aren’t mods/Roman are by Fraggle with like 10 poRsts including 3 threads he started with one response each - from Roman. 😂
sheesh haha they post enough on twitter how they are feeling didnt see a reason to go over there. Im trying to cut down on Miami forums because its bad for my health

And I would say a major red flag is that TVD is getting QB advice and extra film sessions with Malik Rosier. I think Malik is a great kid but GTFOH on being a qb coach.
I'm not as bothered by this as most on here. Malik may not have had the physical tools to be an elite QB, but that's not an indication he automatically sucks as a qb coach/mentor. He seems pretty knowledgeable in knowing the ins and outs of playing the position and hopefully is able to teach that. Most of the successful coaches in CFB (Saban, Dabo, Day, Smart, etc) were average JAG types during their playing careers.

Advertisement
1664284590589.png

Very few posts and like half of the ones that aren’t mods/Roman are by Fraggle with like 10 poRsts including 3 threads he started with one response each - from Roman. 😂
You can tell by some of their unhinged tweets that things may not be going as well as they thought they'd be going.

It’s a mashup of systems on both sides of the ball. I don’t have a problem with Gattis because I actually watched his offenses and understand his influences. It’s heavy James Franklin. But, it’s also what Mario wants. The problem is their is no hires on staff like the ones Lashlee was able to bring in. Same thing in the defensive side. Mirabal is Mario’s guy. The RB coach is transferable to an scheme, just need a recruiter. Ponce is Mario’s guy and he came from a different system. Gattis brought in analysts. But sometimes, that doesn’t translate to on field. Same thing with Steele and the defense. Steele is a 4/3 guy and Strong is a 3/4 guy. Big Joe is a 3/4 guy. Wright was brought in to recruit. And Addae is transferable to any scheme.

Oh I'm not giving up on Gattis...You still need to be physical to become a top 5 football program. And all of CFB is running the football way more than they were 5-6 years ago.

I just don't understand what I'm seeing with it being sooo un-qb friendly...And am shocked by how bad Van Dyke has fallen off as well as the lack of quick passing.

I didn't think Ponce was a must have at the time, and some of this QB has to be on him. Obviously the hope is he, the bs, and Gattis all get on the same page.

You can tell by some of their unhinged tweets that things may not be going as well as they thought they'd be going.
I don’t follow them or anyone on Twitter so I’m not sure what they’re doing. I just took a look at their board and it’s crickets

Advertisement
And I would say a major red flag is that TVD is getting QB advice and extra film sessions with Malik Rosier. I think Malik is a great kid but GTFOH on being a qb coach.

and how would you know how to evaluate his ability as a QB coach?

i don't know whether malik is a good QB coach or a bad one, or if he wets the bed.

but you don't either.

People can give their opinions but that’s all they are.

Everyone hated Searles yet he’s a NC winning coach now. Smartest guys in the room discredit/deflect but somehow he remains.

Mario historically has had coaches leave & do great things. That’s all we can really go until guys like Ponce leave here. None of us really know ****.
**** had no idea Searles is Georgia's OL coach this year!

Advertisement
There wasn’t a single thing at all...

It’s just that he’s from South FL & he’s Mario boy from FIU & at the time of the hire Mario was Deified & no one could question anything he did because any time anyone did they would be burned in effigy by the Cult of Saint Cristobal.

I laughed so hard at how fast people went into spin mode when his name came up as a serious candidate to come here as a QB’s coach, it was legitimately one of the funniest moments this offseason for me.

My boy @who can attest to this, it was like watching fckin Cirque du Soleil seeing people try to rationalize that sh*tty hire lol... Good times man, good times
On a side note, the "O" show at Bellagio is impressive.

Screenshot_20220927-111445_DuckDuckGo.jpg

My real concern: Gattis moves on and Ponce is given the OC role.

Look at Boise State's move! Mario has Ponce and Coach O as plan B while Boise State has Dirk. Not saying Dirk is a world beater but he is better than our Plan Bs.

Advertisement
I thought they would become “The Site” for canes football fans when they made such a huge investment in their recruiting podcast.

Advertisement
Back