SIAP, great story on Jacory Harris and his new career...

Got two “thin liners” out of that class, one Blue and now one Red. Very happy for both those young men becoming civil servants in Forston a cop and jacory a fireman. Ex Canes continuing to make us proud.
John Calhoun from that class is also a firefighter.

Advertisement
Tell me how terrible Al Golden was...
I was only around for year one of golden and barely around at that.

However, he was hated by a lot of the support staff from the start.

Things he liked to do: At least 2x a week, 10 minutes before practice he would decide that instead of practicing on the east half of fields 1 and 2, he'd want to practice on the west half of fields 1 and 2. This meant 4 extremely slow moving scissor lifts needed to be moved while now dodging all the stuff that has now been set up for practice. Then while those extremely slow and extremely loud scissor lifts are moving, he'd be yelling that it's taking too long and going to make practice start late.

He would also hang out in his office doing jack **** until midnight because he was avoiding going home even though he knew that if he was still in the building, at least 5 other people couldn't go home because they had to always be on call if the HC was in the Hecht.

Here is a personal story.

I'm family friends with the Bosa family. I was more than willing to act as a go-between to help with anything the school needed during Joey's recruitment. I went to Al after practice and let him know that I had an in with the family and that if we had a shot in ****, we needed to sell the dad because getting through to the mom and grandfather was going to be impossible. He literally laughed, said "we got it" and turned away.

Last edited:

Things he liked to do: At least 2x a week, 10 minutes before practice he would decide that instead of practicing on the east half of fields 1 and 2, he'd want to practice on the west half of fields 1 and 2. This meant 4 extremely slow moving scissor lifts needed to be moved while now dodging all the stuff that has now been set up for practice. Then while those extremely slow and extremely loud scissor lifts are moving, he'd be yelling that it's taking too long and going to make practice start late.

He would also hang out in his office doing jack **** until midnight because he was avoiding going home even though he knew that if he was still in the building, at least 5 other people couldn't go home because they had to always be on call if the HC was in the Hecht.

I'm family friends with the Bosa family. I was more than willing to act as a go-between to help with anything the school needed during Joey's recruitment. I went to Al after practice and let him know that I had an in with the family and that if we had a shot in ****, we needed to sell the dad because getting through to the mom and grandfather was going to be impossible. He literally laughed, said "we got it" and turned away.
Wow - How arrogant.

What did the players think of him?

Thanks for sharing homie

You should've flung a Cheeseburger at his Sweating ***....

Wow - How arrogant.

What did the players think of him?

Thanks for sharing homie
It was year one so the players were still buying his BS. The thing about Al is that on the surface, he could sell ice to an eskimo. Go back to his opening press conference. He crushed it. He had everyone in the room ready to run through a wall. As season 1 went on you started to see cracks in the foundation. I remember a dinner towards the end of the season with some of the staffers and Coach Kehoe got a bit into the sauce and in the span of one sentence went from calling a great coach to saying that Al wasn't butch or jimmy, but he was better than Randy (which wasn't hard at all)

I think it was mid-way through season 3 that the team really started to turn on him. I was long gone by then. I know the Penn State job rumors were the final straw for pretty much anyone who still defended him. He flirted too hard and too publicly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All the bad stuff that's happened to me has gotten me where I am now and makes me appreciate what I have. So it will be with the Canes. When they get back on top, they won't want to leave.

It was year one so the players were still buying his BS. The thing about Al is that on the surface, he could sell ice to an eskimo. Go back to his opening press conference. He crushed it. He had everyone in the room ready to run through a wall. As season 1 went on you started to see cracks in the foundation. I remember a dinner towards the end of the season with some of the staffers and Coach Kehoe got a bit into the sauce and in the span of one sentence went from calling a great coach to saying that Al wasn't butch or jimmy, but he was better than Randy (which wasn't hard at all)

I think it was mid-way through season 3 that the team really started to turn on him. I was long gone by then. I know the Penn State job rumors were the final straw for pretty much anyone who still defended him. He flirted too hard and too publicly.
Sent you a PM.

Advertisement
Back