SIAP, did anyone see the tweets from Andre Adelson toda (UM tackling)

Manny is not a good head coach. But not because he never played.

Butch Davis never played either.

Even so, half this board would take a shot in the back of the throat from Blake James, if it meant Butch would come back to the head coach of the 'Canes.
I thought butch played defensive line at arkansas

Advertisement
Bull$h!t, His resume was hollow, should've hired Mullen.
You mean Mullen, who at the time had been a HC two years and only had one winning season? Golden had taken Temple a program that was a glorified FCS program at one point and made them into a decent tem. One can argue that he started the run they went on as a program, they hit on multiple coaches in a row.

Amazing how people want to pretend that Golden wasn't a hot property at the time. He ultimately failed, but let's not pretend that hiring him was hiring Diaz, Shannon or Coker. Had Miami basically made 5 similar hires as Golden following Butch's departure, they would have eventually hit on a guy. But no, Miami made 3 dumbass hires and 2 rational ones and you can argue that Richt was a placeholder hire.

Advertisement
You mean Mullen, who at the time had been a HC two years and only had one winning season? Golden had taken Temple a program that was a glorified FCS program at one point and made them into a decent tem. One can argue that he started the run they went on as a program, they hit on multiple coaches in a row.

Amazing how people want to pretend that Golden wasn't a hot property at the time. He ultimately failed, but let's not pretend that hiring him was hiring Diaz, Shannon or Coker. Had Miami basically made 5 similar hires as Golden following Butch's departure, they would have eventually hit on a guy. But no, Miami made 3 dumbass hires and 2 rational ones and you can argue that Richt was a placeholder hire.

Uhhhhh, Mullen had a winning record (9-4) in His 2nd season in the toughest division in the toughest conference in CFB...while Golden didn't have a winning record till His 3rd season in the weak *** MAC.

And Golden wasn't "hot property" to me, **** I didn't know who He was till He was a leading candidate for the UM job, I was like "WHO?!?!".

And yes, He was a worse hire than the names you mentioned, but nice try at revisionist history.

I understand that we are thin at almost every position except maybe safety when Avante comes back but wholly **** you have to tackle in practice. You play how you practice isn’t a subject notion. It’s also probably why the players from the championship squads said practice was harder then the games. I also understand we don’t have no where near the talent of those teams but you still have to be physical and tackle during practices like you would tackle during the games. Now that I think about it missed tackles have plagued this team since Manny was the DC even when we had good defenses he coordinated missed tackles were always an issue.

Golden, despite his flaws was at least someone who had some experience. Golden ultimately failed, but he was also one of the few times in the last 2 decades that Miami made a rational hire. Everyone was excited for Al, because when you looked at his resume, it screamed "Guy ready for primetime". None of us could have predicted that he would be willing to tank his entire career for D'Onofrio, but that is the risk you take with any coach. I'll always wonder what would have happened had Fisch not left, and had Golden had the same standards for the defense, that he had for the O.

Then again, I'm also convinced that Golden was sold a bill of goods, and once he arrived was a bit disappointed about what he was going to get. Combine that with the NCAA kneecapping the program for a couple of years, and he was screwed. It was toxic at the end, and he had to go. Honestly, I think that when the PSU job fell through, he was beaten. Miami probably should have moved on from him at that point. He wanted out, and there was no point in keeping a guy that didn't want to be there.

Golden failed because of his undying loyalty to D'No ...

Advertisement
Manny is not a good head coach. But not because he never played.

Butch Davis never played either.

Even so, half this board would take a shot in the back of the throat from Blake James, if it meant Butch would come back to the head coach of the 'Canes.
Pause man PAUSE!!!!! Take a shot in the back of the throat of what from Blake James????? U got me bent! I wouldn’t! I don’t rock like dat

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, I was half joking because I've talked about fake analytics since 2019. Just because you divide some basic numbers and turn them into percentages - a 6th grade Math standard/skill - it does NOT make it "analytics." The measurement of spontaneous peer support was a truly special one. I'm still not sure if that one was a spoof or not.

By the way, I've harped on the practice thing because that one was validated by people who watch practice. I kept wondering how we made weird personnel decisions and started asking those questions some time ago. "They don't really practice live" was a common response. Couldn't believe it. Again, I'll reiterate this has happened to some degree BEFORE Manny.

I'd feel for the guy because he was offered a promotion by an incompetent decision maker and said "ah, f it, i'll take it." But, then **** like this is said and I just pray it's all over soon. Hit the cot**** reset button on the entire athletic department.
So were most of our practices just like a walk through?

Agree and it's so sad to see.The man has lost the fan base 3 games into his 3rd season.I hope the school does right by everyone and let's him go the next game we lose or it's going to get real toxic if they drag this out.
The turn happened so fast because so much of the fan base didn't want him to begin with.

Uhhhhh, Mullen had a winning record (9-4) in His 2nd season in the toughest division in the toughest conference in CFB...while Golden didn't have a winning record till His 3rd season in the weak *** MAC.

And Golden wasn't "hot property" to me, **** I didn't know who He was till He was a leading candidate for the UM job, I was like "WHO?!?!".

And yes, He was a worse hire than the names you mentioned, but nice try at revisionist history.

I'm not going to get into that debate again, but I coined the phrase, We Stole the Temple coach. I knew from day one he was smoke and mirrors although he talked a good gab. I admittedly wondered after his first press conference if I got him wrong. Nope, he's who I thought he was from day one.

Also, sort of like how people kept saying get rid of NoD, I knew that wouldn't matter just like getting rid of Blake wouldn't matter. Golden, just like Manny, those are and were their defense with another guy running it.

Advertisement
Back