SIAP:. Devin Hester, Frank Gore, Coker in UM HOF c/o '18

LOL at Coker being inducted. Winning 1 title after inheriting the most talented roster in the history of the sport and then systematically dismantling it is HOF worthy?

The players voted him in and he wasn't stupid enough to ruin for that year. He's got more championships than 99.9% of college coaches who are still alive.

Advertisement
Simply looking at his record and checking that off as the only metric needed to determine whether Coker is deserving of being honored as a member of our HOF is so foolish and rudimentary. It's a one dimensional approach to a complex era in our history, and completely ignores the on and off field ramifications of his tenure, as mentioned.

I disagree and so does the Miami Sports HOF.

But your objection is noted.

Appeal to authority, another check mark for the logical fallacy king.

For the love of god, make it stop. [MENTION=2193]IndayArtHauz[/MENTION] the **** are you waiting for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
"Jeff Thomas is not a playmaker. He's proven that time and time again this year. Fact."

So stating a fact based on empirical evidence = throwing garbage at him

Comical, still.

Let's take this slowly because frankly, it's becoming pointless.

1) You objected to me calling you out for trashing a kid, because you contended you simply said he should have scored on a particular play.

2) It took me all of 30 seconds to pull up a post of you uneccesarily trashing a freshman 5 games into his career, beyond the basis of one simple play as you insisted you did. Frankly I find the fact that you felt the need to **** on a player after making a 70 yard reception in a huge spot incredibly pathetic but again, I have low expectations for you.

Frankly this argument is childish. It seems based on a lot of the interjections by posters in this thread and your previous ones that you have a lot of growing up to do, and that you aren't the scholar you fancy yourself. Enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Doppler, if you don't want your account to go the way of the buffalo like your other 3 accounts did, then stop ****posting.

Advertisement
2) It took me all of 30 seconds to pull up a post of you uneccesarily trashing a freshman 5 games into his career, beyond the basis of one simple play as you insisted you did. Frankly I find the fact that you felt the need to **** on a player after making a 70 yard reception in a huge spot incredibly pathetic but again, I have low expectations for you.

The fact that you think that statement constituted "trashing" says more about you than it does me.

Go read Richt's and Thomas Brown's comments on that play.

They basically said it was a schemed open play.

Which means Thomas did the bare minimum.

Frankly this argument is childish.

Claiming that my statements were trashing Jeff Thomas is childish.

And the fact that you're in a completely different thread and you're still mentioning it shows a bit of obsession on your part.

I don't even know you from Adam, frankly. But you definitely read my stuff.

Says a lot.

Advertisement
I have no problem with Coker being inducted.

Its a joke, we have way better players to be inducted before this guy. What did he do to really lead our program other than get out of the way of a well oiled machine and once those players left the wheels came off.

Frank Gore absolutely should be inducted. So should Hester. I'm 'eh' about Coker, but it is what it is.

Well that was entertaining.

Doppelganger reminds me so much of Dwight Schrute from the Office. The guy argues and argues and argues and sees literally no value whatsoever in anyone else's point of view.

Then again, he defends Coker so vehemently that at one point I thought it actually was Coker! Like, who could seriously defend Coker so blindly besides Coker himself?!?!

GO CANES!!

Advertisement
Hester was ok but there are more deserving athletes then him. To me his performance didn't match his skill set. Like Calais Campbell and a dozen more in the last fifteen years he exploded in the pros but was just a good player here.

Last edited:
Well that was entertaining.

Doppelganger reminds me so much of Dwight Schrute from the Office. The guy argues and argues and argues and sees literally no value whatsoever in anyone else's point of view.

Then again, he defends Coker so vehemently that at one point I thought it actually was Coker! Like, who could seriously defend Coker so blindly besides Coker himself?!?!

GO CANES!!

No true 'Cane fan can defend Coker from '02 on. Clappy ****ed us.

He fired half the staff to keep his job.

LOL at Coker being inducted. Winning 1 title after inheriting the most talented roster in the history of the sport and then systematically dismantling it is HOF worthy?

The players voted him in and he wasn't stupid enough to ruin for that year. He's got more championships than 99.9% of college coaches who are still alive.

99.9% of college coaches didn't inherit the most talented roster in the history of the sport.

I think the justification is that he was a key part of the best team in college football history. He helped build and eventually coached that team to what should've been 2 national titles. I think what we're seeing here is that his shortcomings as a coach after that weren't enough to keep him out of the HoF. My bet is that most of the key players and coaches of that era end up in there with him.

Advertisement
Back