SIAP...Canes vs UNC 2013 is on ESPN Classic...

Advertisement
the good part is coming up, Dallas Crawford to the rescue!!!

This is the game I hopped off the Golden train, I went on caneinsider and lost my **** lol. I’m a some what positive fella , so that threw people off. Majority of the guys were coming at me defending Al.

I’m like you come in to this game with only guy to watch , EBRON!!!!! That’s it, one dude!!!! And yet he goes off, like absolutely bonkers. No double teams , high low coverage , bracketing , nada. This is supposed to be a “defensive guru” lol.

I should’ve seen the signs earlier but I still was one of the earlier decommitments from the Golden Shower train.

This is the game I hopped off the Golden train, I went on caneinsider and lost my **** lol. I’m a some what positive fella , so that threw people off. Majority of the guys were coming at me defending Al.

I’m like you come in to this game with only guy to watch , EBRON!!!!! That’s it, one dude!!!! And yet he goes off, like absolutely bonkers. No double teams , high low coverage , bracketing , nada.

I should’ve seen the signs earlier but I still was one of the earlier decommitments from the Golden Shower train.

I hopped after Vatech shredded Miami after the FSU loss that season, lol, fun times

I hopped after Vatech shredded Miami after the FSU loss that season, lol, fun times

I jumped off after the FSU game. After we had them on the ropes, he went into a fetal position in the second half and put it in the hands of DoNo to preserve the win. He coached scared, not to lose. Even if we pulled it out, long term, I knew he didn't have then.

Advertisement
Oh and the run blocking was great this game.

That’s not how I remember it. It seemed like Dallas had to make one or two defenders miss in the backfield before picking up any positive yardage on just about every play.

But I admittedly haven’t watched it again.

That’s not how I remember it. It seemed like Dallas had to make one or two defenders miss in the backfield before picking up any positive yardage on just about every play.

DC made some nice runs, but the Oline did a really nice job that game. Duke was on pace for like 250 before getting hurt. People forget in 2013 Duke would've gotten close to 2000 yards that season

There was huge holes, there was a couple times he made folks miss but most of the game we were at second level almost every run. That last drive we finally stuck with the run and went right down the field.

They ran a 4-2-5 so we should’ve pounded them more but got too cute.

DC made some nice runs, but the Oline did a really nice job that game. Duke was on pace for like 250 before getting hurt. People forget in 2013 Duke would've gotten close to 2000 yards that season

Yep, there was one run DC made all by himself. Made two guys miss three yards in backfield

Advertisement
Even Eazy E Eduardo Clements had some runs where the Oline opened big gashes for him. That Oline had some NFL guys on it

If duke is in the game with those holes those 10 yard runs would’ve been 30-40 yard runs or house runs. That’s what separates ok acceleration from great acceleration. Dukes top end was good but his acceleration was great. Great burst.

I jumped off after the FSU game. After we had them on the ropes, he went into a fetal position in the second half and put it in the hands of DoNo to preserve the win. He coached scared, not to lose. Even if we pulled it out, long term, I knew he didn't have then.

2013 is the year the beat us up there 41-14 and they won the NC. The following year is when we were up 23-7 and then Golden found a way to pi$$ it away.

If duke is in the game with those holes those 10 yard runs would’ve been 30-40 yard runs or house runs. That’s what separates ok acceleration from great acceleration. Dukes top end was good but his acceleration was great. Great burst.

The FSU game of 2013 when he got hurt, I had to leave Brother Jimmy's BBQ in NYC in the middle of the 3rd quarter after it was 28-14 ,because I had to get inside MSG to cover the Golovkin-Stevens fight(I knew the game was over at that point after Freeman housed the screen) but when I found out later that Duke got hurt it was a total buzzkill(honestly, was worse than the actual loss). I had a feeling that UM's season would never be quite the same. He was putting together a very special season up to that point

Advertisement
Did Jimmy Johnson use hair spray!??!

Flight, hotel all booked. Just gotta work on tix and yeah, Im Orlando bound!!! (Getting off my Southwest flight in army fatigues like Jerome Brown and the fellas....)

I discourage most selfies, but one of you in fatigues in the airport would be classic.

Advertisement
You're right, it was after the 2014 FSU game then that I gave up on Golden

For me it was the Nebraska game. Well I had given up on him after the the Louisville bowl game, but that Nebrska game it just became full blown hatred. We're getting shredded and he refused to change his system. I said they should have left him in Lincoln after that press conference. I never rooted against the Canes but when I saw Clemson beginning to run away with it, I wanted them to run it up and hoped it was the end. When I saw the way our guys quit it was one of those bittersweet moments, because I didn't want to lose like that but I was pretty sure he was gone after that.

Did Jimmy Johnson use hair spray!??!

Flight, hotel all booked. Just gotta work on tix and yeah, Im Orlando bound!!! (Getting off my Southwest flight in army fatigues like Jerome Brown and the fellas....)

I will PM you to discuss lol

Advertisement
Back