SIAP...Canes vs UNC 2013 is on ESPN Classic...

This is the game I hopped off the Golden train, I went on caneinsider and lost my **** lol. I’m a some what positive fella , so that threw people off. Majority of the guys were coming at me defending Al.

I’m like you come in to this game with only guy to watch , EBRON!!!!! That’s it, one dude!!!! And yet he goes off, like absolutely bonkers. No double teams , high low coverage , bracketing , nada. This is supposed to be a “defensive guru” lol.

I should’ve seen the signs earlier but I still was one of the earlier decommitments from the Golden Shower train.
Im not going to say that I knew Golden was going to be garbage from gameone but I immediately knew their was going to an issue our defense.

It was against Maryland I believe and the were killing us with WR bubble screens. I kept telling my friend we have to press the receivers, we out athlete them and hes telling me no its our new system so that we dnt give up big play. I just sat back and we've gone frm pitbulls to puppies.

Day 1, i knew that D was horrible.

Advertisement
Im not going to say that I knew Golden was going to be garbage from gameone but I immediately knew their was going to an issue our defense.

It was against Maryland I believe and the were killing us with WR bubble screens. I kept telling my friend we have to press the receivers, we out athlete them and hes telling me no its our new system so that we dnt give up big play. I just sat back and we've gone frm pitbulls to puppies.

I had a homeboy that checked out after Maryland game , I was like nah man, it’s game one and players were suspended. Even though they ran bubbles all game. Never jammed the wr’s or adjusted. Which would’ve been a simple adjustment, just like Ebron.

Yeah, there were red flags all over the place. But Maryland was his first game. At that time, who knew that DoNo was his best friend and he'd never make changes. That FSU game was the last straw. He coached scared. While I could never root against UM, wins no longer mattered as it would only prolong the inevitable. To me, he had a low ceiling and we would eventually have to start over again.

Advertisement
Back