SIAP: AQM Grace Car Dealership connected to Sports Agency

The new lawyer most likely took the case for a little pub and too see if he can save Grace's eligibility in the event some other school will take him; however, there is zero chance Miami reconsiders their decision.

How long before the new lawyer disappears after reading Slater's article with the agents tied into the scumbag car rental agency?

This connection was being talked about on WQAM before this article.

So? I don't know anyone who listens to WQAM.

Advertisement
Newton was "suspended" not "dismissed".

Suspended means they are still investigating and do not have enough evidence to make a decision.

Dismissed means the investigation is over and they have overwhelming evidence against you.

They are DONE.

The new lawyer most likely took the case for a little pub and too see if he can save Grace's eligibility in the event some other school will take him; however, there is zero chance Miami reconsiders their decision.

How long before the new lawyer disappears after reading Slater's article with the agents tied into the scumbag car rental agency?

Petes on WQAM . May have been him or Shodell that said it... If that cat knows, then everyone does.

Dude...move on.

ZERO chance Miami even slightly reconsiders their decision.

This was solely Miami's decision. Miami is the judge, jury, appeals court and executioner when it comes to a player's participation in athletics. He is done. Miami does not want him.

You have this case mistaken for a situation where the school actually wants the kid to play for them, suspends them and then waits for the NCAA to rule on eligibility.

MIAMI DUMPED HIM BEFORE THE NCAA COULD RULE ON HIS ELIGIBILITY. That means they have smoking gun evidence that he violated NCAA rules and is ineligible. He has no recourse with Miami. It's over over over over.......

Petes on WQAM . May have been him or Shodell that said it... If that cat knows, then everyone does.

Advertisement
Lol....the "lawyer" representing Grace dipped the moment his ties to the car agency were discovered a few days ago. What additional evidence do you need?

I don't think you even understand how lawyers work. He doesn't have 1/1000th of a % of his reputation on the line for this dumb kid. Lawyers are no different than agents. He puts a little work in now in hopes for a big retainer later.

I would say that applies in most cases. Not sure about this one. Is grace or his fam paying the lawyer or not? Lot of unknowns. I say he is doing this for the publicity of winning these types of cases.

The fact he already publicly used a lawyer connected to the sports agency is the proverbial cement truck dumping it's load on his head. The only way out of that mess is if he was actually not guilty and could prove it which he had 3 months to do and couldn't. No lawyer will save him now. I hope he got some really good ***** in that rental smh.

Suspended means they are still investigating and do not have enough evidence to make a decision.

Dismissed means the investigation is over and they have overwhelming evidence against you.

They are DONE.

Bold and Underline? CASE CLOSED!

Do you think maybe "Permanent Dismissal" is a term of art that triggers an emergency NCAA review process? Considering that the school's compliance department makes its decisions based on NCAA rules and regulations, there is a possibility that there is a backdoor method of questioning the harshness of the school's decision. The NCAA may look at the facts of the case and recommend a suspension to set a precedent for similar circumstances.

Pete didn't say it because he's made no mention of it here. Based on your trouble in this thread, I doubt anyone said anything about it on WQAM.

Dude...move on.

This was solely Miami's decision. Miami is the judge, jury, appeals court and executioner when it comes to a player's participation in athletics. He is done. Miami does not want him.

You have this case mistaken for a situation where the school actually wants the kid to play for them, suspends them and then waits for the NCAA to rule on eligibility.

MIAMI DUMPED HIM BEFORE THE NCAA COULD RULE ON HIS ELIGIBILITY. That means they have smoking gun evidence that he violated NCAA rules and is ineligible. He has no recourse with Miami. It's over over over over.......

On top of that, UM made their decision based, in part, on advice from the NCAA. They already discussed it. I'm sure Craig Anderson did the same research Slater did and found the link to the agents. At that point, it was lights out.

Advertisement
No....

It is not hard to figure out that they have sworn testimony from Juwon's squeeze that lays out the scheme and agreement. It would also not surprise me if they have emails or texts from Young, AQM and Grace to the agent regarding the same.

They are DONE.

Do you think maybe "Permanent Dismissal" is a term of art that triggers an emergency NCAA review process? Considering that the school's compliance department makes its decisions based on NCAA rules and regulations, there is a possibility that there is a backdoor method of questioning the harshness of the school's decision. The NCAA may look at the facts of the case and recommend a suspension to set a precedent for similar circumstances.

You have to assume Miami knew everything discussed in the Slater article within days of the start of the investigation.

I'm willing to bet there is much more we will never see.

Dude...move on.

On top of that, UM made their decision based, in part, on advice from the NCAA. They already discussed it. I'm sure Craig Anderson did the same research Slater did and found the link to the agents. At that point, it was lights out.

Kids rarely talk to other humans these days.

Willing to bet Juwon's boo screenshoted some shiznit.

Dude...move on.

I think its bleak but since he has retained a new lawyer and he is suggesting that he may return, it only makes sense to imagine that there is still a route to him returning. There would be reports of the contrary if he was getting fed a lie by his lawyer. I realize chances of reinstatement are bleak after dismissal. It's possible that evidence linking Grace and AQM were different but UM just chose to play it safe snd dismiss them both in accordance with their NCAA consultant. Maybe that consultant won't figure in the equation when a seperate hearing is held. There may also be evidence that's not admissible in reinstatement hearing.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Pete didn't say it because he's made no mention of it here. Based on your trouble in this thread, I doubt anyone said anything about it on WQAM.

Blog ******* much? If you didn't listen then you don't get to assume.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So can we stop crucifying the university when we don't know all the facts?

Nope. Not the administration. Even if they happen to be right it is just an accident. Their intentions are always bad. Stop referring to them as The University. They are just hired hands tending fields badly. The Universality is much bigger than just the blood sucking employees running it.

No....

It is not hard to figure out that they have sworn testimony from Juwon's squeeze that lays out the scheme and agreement. It would also not surprise me if they have emails or texts from Young, AQM and Grace to the agent regarding the same.

They are DONE.

Yes, but there is a question you seem to disregard:

Was Jermaine Grace's misconduct deserving of dismissal based on rules, standards, and NCAA precedent?

The school cannot arbitrarily dismiss a player. If you set up policies and procedures to determine misconduct and punishment, then those policies and procedures must be followed. The first thing I would do is to see whether there is an NCAA appeals process. Then I would look at other cases with similar fact patterns to determine whether the punishment fits the crime. If there is an appeals process and I determined that the punishment was excessive, I would submit an appeal to the NCAA and simultaneously submit an emergency motion in Court to have JG reinstated pending the appeal so he can practice with the team.

I'm not sure of what the process is, but this may just be a case of the school overreacting because it's on probation. Further, I wouldn't be surprised if the school purposely did this to make sure it doesn't get in trouble while advising JG to appeal his way back in. AQM already has serious disciplinary history, so his chances may not warrant a similar approach.

We were extremely lucky Young's girlfriend snitched.
If this goes on unnoticed it has the potential to be really bad.
If these players (I refuse to call seniors kids) play out the year while doing this crap and later on they **** off that scum bag we are looking at Nevin 2.0. There is no way a scumbag like that doesn't keep proof against them just in case.

No....

They are DONE.

Yes, but there is a question you seem to disregard:

Was Jermaine Grace's misconduct deserving of dismissal based on rules, standards, and NCAA precedent?

The school cannot arbitrarily dismiss a player. If you set up policies and procedures to determine misconduct and punishment, then those policies and procedures must be followed. The first thing I would do is to see whether there is an NCAA appeals process. Then I would look at other cases with similar fact patterns to determine whether the punishment fits the crime. If there is an appeals process and I determined that the punishment was excessive, I would submit an appeal to the NCAA and simultaneously submit an emergency motion in Court to have JG reinstated pending the appeal so he can practice with the team.

I'm not sure of what the process is, but this may just be a case of the school overreacting because it's on probation. Further, I wouldn't be surprised if the school purposely did this to make sure it doesn't get in trouble while advising JG to appeal his way back in. AQM already has serious disciplinary history, so his chances may not warrant a similar approach.

Cheers, that was my thought process as well. Its not over yet mate.

Advertisement
Back