SIAP, anyone read this Miami Herald article...

OCC, I concur. For a major city and market such as what Miami is, the sports journalism is lacking to say the least. I read better articles in the local paper, and they’re all in regards to the Gayturds. But at the very least they ask poignant questions and will not always defend the program like a Mikey Bianci will do from Orlando. SMD is an utter waste of journalistic air, and Barry is old and washed up. Oh well, I suppose I can’t complain as at least they do cover the Canes and I’ll devour anything Miami related.

Advertisement
The archaic offense that was witnessed last year did not just become suddenly apparent to local media, unless they’re complete morons. It was readily apparent in late 2017 and honestly, way before that.

After a couple of years it became progressively easier to defensively gameplan against Miami.

Since one of you guys is supposed to be a “journalist”, it would be nice if your colleagues balls dropped before the coaches left or were fired, and not afterwards.

I don’t mean for reporters to be disrespectful towards the coaches because that’s not their place, and quite frankly, any male sports journalist I’ve ever met is a complete dweeb pūssy seeking to avoid confrontation at all costs.

But the complete lack of pointed and insightful questions while the coaches were here was pretty remarkable. Very few direct hard questions if any that I can even remember about the offense or even pointing out the negatives of the offense. I can’t recall one time the past coach was asked about pre-snap motion. Even in the middle of all the obviously horrific things that were happening on offense.

Same thing with Golden. A complete lack of intestinal fortitude to ask direct and pointed questions.

Then when I see comments like “21st century” by a pasty face blob like Barry, I have to laugh. Where was that “brutal honesty” even a couple of months ago.

Of course, it’s safe to say it now. They don’t have to deal with those coaches anymore.
The only time I remember a member of the media actually confront a coach was when Big O went after Golden.

Most here aren’t fans of O, and I really never was either, until I heard him hammer Al about that D. Al had no answers, and anybody listening had to get the fact that he was a fraud. He was gone shortly after the interview.

So you’re absolutely on point. These reporters need to stop worrying about access to the team, and start doing their jobs. I’m Ok with being respectful, but ****... ask the questions that need to be answered.

The only time I remember a member of the media actually confront a coach was when Big O went after Golden.

Most here aren’t fans of O, and I really never was either, until I heard him hammer Al about that D. Al had no answers, and anybody listening had to get the fact that he was a fraud. He was gone shortly after the interview.

So you’re absolutely on point. These reporters need to stop worrying about access to the team, and start doing their jobs. I’m Ok with being respectful, but ****... ask the questions that need to be answered.

Trust me they still won’t do it. But God forbid Manny gets fired, for whatever reason, they will then magically find their balls and start talking all kinds of shlt about him.

Golden was the most infuriating. There were people like Mammary Navarro and butterball Tim Reynolds actively mocking the frustration of Miami fans. Navarro was even passionately defending Dorito’s defense - mocking fans by saying it’s not like calling defense on Madden.

Soon as Golden was gone, then the gloves come off. What the fūck is that? The guy’s already gone.

Trust me they still won’t do it. But God forbid Manny gets fired, for whatever reason, they will then magically find their balls and start talking all kinds of shlt about him.

Golden was the most infuriating. There were people like Mammary Navarro and butterball Tim Reynolds actively mocking the frustration of Miami fans. Navarro was even passionately defending Dorito’s defense - mocking fans by saying it’s not like calling defense on Madden.

Soon as Golden was gone, then the gloves come off. What the fūck is that? The guy’s already gone.
You are 100% on the money.

Fans criticize a coach, we’re all ignorant. Coach gets fired, reporters say exactly what we said... without an acknowledgement that they white knighted that coach for x years.

It’s not just the local media either. The National guys do the same shlt.

They’re all pretty much worthless.

Advertisement
The archaic offense that was witnessed last year did not just become suddenly apparent to local media, unless they’re complete morons. It was readily apparent in late 2017 and honestly, way before that.

After a couple of years it became progressively easier to defensively gameplan against Miami.

Since one of you guys is supposed to be a “journalist”, it would be nice if your colleagues balls dropped before the coaches left or were fired, and not afterwards.

I don’t mean for reporters to be disrespectful towards the coaches because that’s not their place, and quite frankly, any male sports journalist I’ve ever met is a complete dweeb pūssy seeking to avoid confrontation at all costs.

But the complete lack of pointed and insightful questions while the coaches were here was pretty remarkable. Very few direct hard questions if any that I can even remember about the offense or even pointing out the negatives of the offense. I can’t recall one time the past coach was asked about pre-snap motion. Even in the middle of all the obviously horrific things that were happening on offense.

Same thing with Golden. A complete lack of intestinal fortitude to ask direct and pointed questions.

Then when I see comments like “21st century” by a pasty face blob like Barry, I have to laugh. Where was that “brutal honesty” even a couple of months ago.

Of course, it’s safe to say it now. They don’t have to deal with those coaches anymore.

I dont disagree with a single thing you stated. I felt the local media in Miami treated Richt with kid gloves for whatever reason. They were waaaay behind in this story and it was maddening to see the coverage last season

I dont disagree with a single thing you stated. I felt the local media in Miami treated Richt with kid gloves for whatever reason. They were waaaay behind in this story and it was maddening to see the coverage last season
You're in the biz k9 so I would imagine you have a unique perspective on this topic.

Right or wrong, I think the media treads lightly for fear of losing access. **** off the powers that be, get banned, and they won't have sound bites to fill their columns.

Don't disagree with any of this. You can ask the hard questions w/o it getting personal. The issue I have with the OP is that he is a journalist that is asked to participate in podcasts and write pieces for this program and also wants to be Joe poster.

If he wants to do both, fine. But he should still be held to a higher standard as a poster because of his journalistic role that he at times is asked to take on this board. If he is going to engage in this dual role one will inevitably bleed into the other for better or worse. And unfortunately his obvious personal animus for Richt by taking these constant shots at him as a poster undermines for me whatever credibility he has when also acting as a journalist on here.

The poster mockingly writes in one of his posts for everyone to jump off the "Richtanic". And that, in a nutshell, is the crux of the problem. That ship has sailed and sunk long ago. Most of us jumped off already and have moved on. So this begs the question why the **** is he still on it?

The local media will never, ever be tough on a local coach. Access is all they have. If they lose it then they don't have a job to do. They would never risk their own jobs just to ask a tough question.

But his doesn't mean they should mock fans. There is no excuse for calling out fans as ignorant just to agree with the critical fans later. The worst part is you know they really know the truth...that a coach sucks, but they just will not say it.

Advertisement
Don't disagree with any of this. You can ask the hard questions w/o it getting personal. The issue I have with the OP is that he is a journalist that is asked to participate in podcasts and write pieces for this program and also wants to be Joe poster.

If he wants to do both, fine. But he should still be held to a higher standard as a poster because of his journalistic role that he at times is asked to take on this board. If he is going to engage in this dual role one will inevitably bleed into the other for better or worse. And unfortunately his obvious personal animus for Richt by taking these constant shots at him as a poster undermines for me whatever credibility he has when also acting as a journalist on here.

The poster mockingly writes in one of his posts for everyone to jump off the "Richtanic". And that, in a nutshell, is the crux of the problem. That ship has sailed and sunk long ago. Most of us jumped off already and have moved on. So this begs the question why the **** is he still on it?

soooo you're saying you prefer the term 'Richtenberg'? Ohhhh, the humanity!!

You're in the biz k9 so I would imagine you have a unique perspective on this topic.

Right or wrong, I think the media treads lightly for fear of losing access. **** off the powers that be, get banned, and they won't have sound bites to fill their columns.

Yeah, most of this is about access, no doubt. But with Richt, I do believe they were taken by his 'nice guy' persona, etc, sandwhich guy thing and wanted to be friendly with him

I’m not sure who he is , and not familiar with his work.

It’s some people’s nature to dwell, I’ve moved on myself.

I think Rick did some good things, I think his intentions were honorable, but he was a victim of his stubbornness and unwillingness to change. I certainly think he did right by the school in terms of the way he left the program. He could’ve crippled us financially.

In the end, I think his three basic failings were stubbornness, unwillingness to change and accept new approaches to offense, and bad personnel decisions in terms of coaches. None of his offensive coaches did him any favors and he was literally doing too much himself and he wasn’t up to the task.

When the shlt hit the fan Rick had no answers. And none of his offensive coaches could help him. They were terrible offensive minds. Why do you think Manny fired each and every one of them?.

Had Rick been willing to delegate to a top notch offensive coordinator he would’ve probably made a pretty darn good CEO type head coach. For chrissakes Saban has OC and DC that have decent autonomy, within limits, from that little dictator.

Rick was trying to follow the SEC Alabama/Georgia model. Bruising running backs, simple offense. Flawless execution. When this is south Florida and we have a menu of offensive talents that need to be exploited.

But I agree with you I’m not a fan of the personal attacks, at the same time he’s not reading this and he could care less. I’m pretty sure of that. He made his mistakes and he paid the price by retiring in a way that quite frankly had to have been humiliating.

Advertisement
I guess you are not denying the personal animus towards Richt.

He's a fine human being, the type you'd want as a next door neighbor. But by last year, as a head football coach of a a major program...

He was a shipRicht

He's a fine human being, the type you'd want as a next door neighbor. But by last year, as a head football coach of a a major program...

He was a shipRicht

If you were neighbors, the way you disparage him, I have a feeling he'd put his foot up your Richtum first chance he got.

Advertisement
If you were neighbors, the way you disparage him, I have a feeling he'd put his foot up your Richtum first chance he got.

see, that's the spirit!! That was almost funny!!! ( I get it, comedy isn't your thing - kinda like the way offense was Blockbuster Richteo's wasn't the past few seasons)

see, that's the spirit!! That was almost funny!!! ( I get it, comedy isn't your thing - kinda like the way offense was Blockbuster Richteo's wasn't the past few seasons)

I actually enjoy comedy. But pulling up "Blockbuster Richteo"? That is downright tragedy. Not your best work.

tbh, is there really a point? you're not going to get the truth regardless. it'll just be some fluff. also, big O is a joke, overall.

Advertisement
Back