SIAP: ACC commissioner John Swofford to retire

Advertisement
Just saw the news break on bleacherreport. Who do you think they will get to replace him? Will they get someone who is more football than basketball oriented & doesn't automatically kiss the a$$ of the tobacco rd mafia?

I am sure he will be trying to attempting to manuever his kid into the position. Duke, UNC, Wake and UVA will be onboard with that. The Swoffords will offer Clemson and Notre Dame a sweet heart wink nod deal to get them to go along. UM, FSU, Va Tech, Ga Tech, BC, Cuse, NCST and Pitt will get screwed. Understand the Clemson had the same deal that UM had in the Big East, guaranteed title every year. Swoffords will drop a few crumbs to them to keep them in line. aka, more conference money and them getting to pick the hoops officials for games other than against UNC and Duke.

Advertisement
I am sure he will be trying to attempting to manuever his kid into the position. Duke, UNC, Wake and UVA will be onboard with that. The Swoffords will offer Clemson and Notre Dame a sweet heart wink nod deal to get them to go along. UM, FSU, Va Tech, Ga Tech, BC, Cuse, NCST and Pitt will get screwed. Understand the Clemson had the same deal that UM had in the Big East, guaranteed title every year. Swoffords will drop a few crumbs to them to keep them in line. aka, more conference money and them getting to pick the hoops officials for games other than against UNC and Duke.
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Advertisement
Jesuchristo, if we along with FSU, Vag Tech and even Clemson/Notre Dame allow another Tobacco Road clown to jump into that spot and continue to run this league as a basketball one then we all should just shut up forever.

It's almost akin to all the money in the world being in the Big Ten and Texas and those university presidents and ADs just handing over the keys to the NCAA to a puppet for the SEC.

Kevin White, come on down, you’re the next Commissioner of the All Carolina Conference.

Hopefully someone who will take the plunge and go to a 9 game conference schedule and put pressure on ND to be a full member by the end of the current agreement with ND.

Btw, if Blake James and Shalala are so **** bad, why would you want either one of them running the conference as a whole?

Hopefully someone who will take the plunge and go to a 9 game conference schedule and put pressure on ND to be a full member by the end of the current agreement with ND.

Btw, if Blake James and Shalala are so **** bad, why would you want either one of them running the conference as a whole?
To get the ticket salesmen out of Coral Gables.

Advertisement
GREAT DAY!

Let's see whether schools like Miami, FSU, VT and the rest of the non-tobacco road schools flex their muscle and get a real administrator that doesn't feel beholden to the Tobacco Road Mafia. That's the only way this conference moves forward and survives in a changing economic landscape.

To get the ticket salesmen out of Coral Gables.
And punish him by giving him a better job and the ability to not only bring Miami down but 14 other schools as well? I get the idea of getting him out of Dodge because you don't like him. However, I don't see the logic in making the mayor into governor when the city was made a hellhole.

Advertisement
GREAT DAY!

Let's see whether schools like Miami, FSU, VT and the rest of the non-tobacco road schools flex their muscle and get a real administrator that doesn't feel beholden to the Tobacco Road Mafia. That's the only way this conference moves forward and survives in a changing economic landscape.

I doubt that happens. The political (as in internal politics, not party affiliation) power base of the ACC is the Tobacco Road mafia. Nothing has changed in that respect.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised, though.

I doubt that happens. The political (as in internal politics, not party affiliation) power base of the ACC is the Tobacco Road mafia. Nothing has changed in that respect.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised, though.

It should though. It's simple numbers, the tobacco road schools should be outvoted, they don't have nearly the amount of votes. You think about it, there are maybe 6 Tobacco Road Schools+ Sympathizers, and everyone else is on the outs. The old Big East schools tend to vote together and should be able to band with FSU, GT and Clemson to get significant changes passed. The schools that are serious about playing competitive football should force the issue, because football revenue drives the bus.

Just saw the news break on bleacherreport. Who do you think they will get to replace him? Will they get someone who is more football than basketball oriented & doesn't automatically kiss the a$$ of the tobacco rd mafia?

I nominate Alpha Alonzo Highsmith.

Advertisement
Back