SI story: Clemson sign stealing

As long as you aren't using electronics to steal signs, it's part of the game. 🤷‍♂️

I remember seeing on ESPN that Jon Vilma figured out Manning's audibles before the super bowl through film study. Film study is fair game too. You don't change your signs you're an idiot.

Advertisement
LOL at sign stealing. If you're running a tempo offense there's no time to steal signs unless they have Bobby Fisher stashed on the sidelines. Lashlee got his *** handed to him. Ain't no one stealing his signs.

Actually, I’ve seen King stopping and looking over on many plays, pausing for several seconds. That’s when the opportunities would arise. I’m not sure if anyone is actually complaining so much about it, it’s just a matter of that’s the way it is.

The differential is that Clemson devotes a ton of personnel man hours to deciphering signals so it must be somewhat of a priority for them. Its just one of the many advantages they employ, certainly not a primary one like talent, coaching, booster support/money, and facilities.

****, you’ve been crushing Lashlee like he’s Enos or something. So he’s such a terrible OC nobody would consider stealing his signs?

This board thinks we have the worst HC plus the worst OC/DC combo in college football history. I’m dumbfounded as to how we’re 5-1 then.
You read way too much into things, friend. If you're running at the tempo Lashlee wants to go at, then there's no time for an opponent to steal his signs and relay that to his defense. There's barely time for the D to even get lined up if Lashlee doing things the way he wants to and has it humming.

Actually, I’ve seen King stopping and looking over on many plays, pausing for several seconds. That’s when the opportunities would arise. I’m not sure if anyone is actually complaining so much about it, it’s just a matter of that’s the way it is.

The differential is that Clemson devotes a ton of personnel man hours to deciphering signals so it must be somewhat of a priority for them. Its just one of the many advantages they employ, certainly not a primary one like talent, coaching, booster support/money, and facilities.
If we wanted to hire a couple nerds to steal signs, we could do it too. We must not think it's all that valuable. If Clemson didn't have the horses it has and the DC it has, no one would be talking about this.

If Lashlee didn't want them stealing his basic plays, then he should have stayed in tempo mode and kept the heat on them. He couldn't get anything going on 1st down when there was no time to steal signals, so he had to slow down.

Advertisement
This is so possible: " ‘Are they listening to our headsets?’ that I hope there are rules against it because it is not complicated for a HOME team to bug the headsets. As a matter of fact is is so easy I'd be more amazed if many weren't already electronic eves dropping.

If we wanted to hire a couple nerds to steal signs, we could do it too. We must not think it's all that valuable. If Clemson didn't have the horses it has and the DC it has, no one would be talking about this.

If Lashlee didn't want them stealing his basic plays, then he should have stayed in tempo mode and kept the heat on them. He couldn't get anything going on 1st down when there was no time to steal signals, so he had to slow down.

I’m sure we try to do the same exact sign stealing, with significantly fewer personnel and lesser sophistication, due to a smaller staff.

Lashlee wasn’t complaining about it, actually nobody was. Everyone has a sort of ho-hum it’s part of the game type attitude.

To me it’s just symbolic of the difference between top-tier programs like Alabama and Clemson and other programs the middle tier, which do not have the massive number of paid consultants, graduate assistants, other personnel and staff. The same way there’s also a difference between facilities, recruiting budgets, anything else you might want to look at

This is so possible: " ‘Are they listening to our headsets?’ that I hope there are rules against it because it is not complicated for a HOME team to bug the headsets. As a matter of fact is is so easy I'd be more amazed if many weren't already electronic eves dropping.

Now that would actually be a violation

Advertisement
With millions at stake is anyone really believing they aren’t video taping? Who’s going to stop them, Yahoo Sports?

Clemson steals signs. They are the Houston Astros of college football . I said that I thought Clemson was stealing signs after the Clemson game, and I was criticized by several CIS posters.

The Canes and Lashlee will figure out how to counter this in the rematch. The Canes offense is really starting to click. This 500+ and 40+ output last night will be the norm, not the exception, for the remainder of the season

Advertisement
I’m sure we try to do the same exact sign stealing, with significantly fewer personnel and lesser sophistication, due to a smaller staff.

Lashlee wasn’t complaining about it, actually nobody was. Everyone has a sort of ho-hum it’s part of the game type attitude.

To me it’s just symbolic of the difference between top-tier programs like Alabama and Clemson and other programs the middle tier, which do not have the massive number of paid consultants, graduate assistants, other personnel and staff. The same way there’s also a difference between facilities, recruiting budgets, anything else you might want to look at
We can hire a couple guys to do it. We just choose not to. What do you think you'd have to pay some young nerd to sit in the booth stealing signs? You don't have to be a grizzled veteran coach to do that.

LOL at sign stealing. If you're running a tempo offense there's no time to steal signs unless they have Bobby Fisher stashed on the sidelines. Lashlee got his *** handed to him. Ain't no one stealing his signs.
Over under on this board knowing that reference is 10%

Clemson steals signs. They are the Houston Astros of college football . I said that I thought Clemson was stealing signs after the Clemson game, and I was criticized by several CIS posters.

The Canes and Lashlee will figure out how to counter this in the rematch. The Canes offense is really starting to click. This 500+ and 40+ output last night will be the norm, not the exception, for the remainder of the season
While watching the game it was pretty obvious. They are indeed the Astros of the ACC. They know what every team is going to do as soon as they line up and please don't tell me it's all from watching film 24-7. "Quality Control" staff at it's finest. Yes every team does it but not at their level; they have it perfected.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back