SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

One last thing before I tune in for the Heat game…. Why do the south Florida kids who come to Miami always turn out this way verse south Florida kids that leave?

It all can’t be coaching. Is it a problem with them staying home around the vulture that pimp them since they were kids? Is it a focus issue staying home in Miami. It really is wild
Because we haven't recruited well enough which has led to players playing that would not have gotten playing time in the past. Williams, Cohen, Lee, and Davis are backups on good canes teams of the past.

There are plenty of south Florida players that go elsewhere and don't get drafted either. The top end talent has left the state for better programs. Don't be fooled. For every 5 star Ohio State and Alabama develop, there are plenty of 5 star busts. You just don't know it because they don't see the field. We haven't recruited well, period.

We can have a discussion about development in other threads, but regardless, we are never as talented as people on this board think we are.

Advertisement
Wait, did LT actually go undrafted!? Hahaha man oh man kinda feel bad but I also don’t
Don't worry the narrative his agent will spin, is that after slipping past the 5th round he requested that teams not draft his client, so that he can pick his landing spot and get to a second contract quicker. :ROFLMAO:

He clearly doesn't have the motor or desire to showcase a motor to play at that level and wasn't good enough at hiding it or explaining it for someone to take a flyer on him.

Our kids get bad coaching, bad advice, bad draft prep year after the year. Yeah, it’s on them, but it makes the program look awful. Fandom aside, if you had a local 5 star as your kid, how could you send them to Miami aside from just not wanting to drive far for games? What evidence of development is there anywhere?

These kids cost themselves millions by coming here and by leaving too soon. It’s an unavoidable fact that everybody has been dancing around. James Williams played the wrong position for 3 years because we were too afraid that he’d transfer to a better program to give him a hard truth.
No.

Other schools have multiple 5 star busts. The difference is, the good teams have more 5 star blue chip guys that pan out. Guys like Tracy Howard, Williams, and Taylor could have went anywhere in college and odds are, they would have been sitting on the bench and never heard from.

Advertisement
Time to officially call what LT has been the entire time - a massive bust. Cost himself hundreds of thousands if not millions by not coming back for senior year with NIL + better tape if he put in even halfway decent effort (would have got serious NIL from miami or in the portal somewhere). Good riddance.

WHY CANT ANY OF THESE KIDS EVER LEARN?

Advertisement
J Williams is the only one who could have increased his value with another year. You could argue Taylor could have used another year in the S & C program but given the fact he had no interest following a disciplined workout and nutrition plan…especially this year in his money year…I doubt anything would have changed…his value would have only gone down being another year older and in a deeper DT class next year. Plus more tape for NFL scouts to shoot holes through. He’s going first round based on his potential and lack of high level DT talent…not mainly because of his film.

There’s a difference between wanting a guy to come back to help the team you root for and it being in the kids best interest to declare. Kam would have only hurt himself. He’s at the peak of his value and near the peak of where safeties go nowadays. Lee and cohen have plenty of tape, have their body rights…they weren’t going to do anything to their value besides be another year older.
Dude. Stop poRsting

Onlk Kitchesn in 4th...so sad.....and 2 of the guys were 5 start projected out of HS...something wrong with developing players here.
Well, there has been a shortage of landing high end guys for a long time. We forget that 5 star guys wash out all the time, but when you don't sign legions of them, you end up depending on a smaller pool of them to carry the program. Keep in mind, Alabama, Georgia and other power schools are signing platoons of 5 stars every single year, so kids that wash out wash out and you never hear from them. Taylor has been a disappointment for years, had this been Alabama, he would have been gone years ago.

Advertisement
What? Why? I hope he gets drafted in the 2nd round. I don't think in a million years that will happen, but I still hope he's drafted, even if it's in the later rounds. I get it, LT is a bit overrated on here by some and he never lived up to his 5 star hype, but I wish him success after he leaves us.
Why would you wish a lazy, entitled, piece of **** success? He had everything handed to him and couldn’t even get drafted. You all need to get off certain players nuts and realize they aren’t hot ****.

Advertisement
Lol at you douchebags negging me for hoping Taylor doesn’t get drafted. Guy deserved not to get drafted by being a lazy, entitled, piece of **** who didn’t work for **** during his time here.

Why would you wish a lazy, entitled, piece of **** success? He had everything handed to him and couldn’t even get drafted. You all need to get off certain players nuts and realize they aren’t hot ****.
I was never on his nuts. I agree 100% with the majority of CIS posters that he was lazy, entitled, average player, etc.. I'm not surprised he didn't get drafted. I never once thought he would be drafted in the higher rounds. Pretty sure I never posted anything about his draft status. Thought it might happen in the later rounds, but I'm certainly not shocked. I was surprised that Cohen didn't get drafted, but not Taylor. IMO, he didn't even have as good of a career as Nesta.

With all that being said, I can still wish for our former players to have success after they leave Miami. It does make our program look better the more guys that get drafted.

I was never on his nuts. I agree 100% with the majority of CIS posters that he was lazy, entitled, average player, etc.. I'm not surprised he didn't get drafted. I never once thought he would be drafted in the higher rounds. Pretty sure I never posted anything about his draft status. Thought it might happen in the later rounds, but I'm certainly not shocked. I was surprised that Cohen didn't get drafted, but not Taylor. IMO, he didn't even have as good of a career as Nesta.

With all that being said, I can still wish for our former players to have success after they leave Miami. It does make our program look better the more guys that get drafted.
I was surprised about Cohen too. Definitely thought he was an early day 3 guy. Wasn’t talking about you only, just the homers in general. All they see is south Florida 5 star and they aren’t critical at all towards certain players aka Williams and Taylor. Those two were supposed to come in have All American type careers and get drafted first or second round. Instead they hurt their team for years and today summed it all up.

Third post of mine that you respond to in a 10 minute span.

Go **** your wife or something. Enjoy Take the victory lap on our canes having a terrible day you inbred.

Love the free real estate I have
Not my fault you were the only one in here pounding your chest repeatedly over a bleacher report article and ignoring 20 years of trends. Idiot.

Advertisement
Back