SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

Advertisement
Saw this on the timeline, respected in the draft community. No canes but says Kam is top 50

A lot of our fans take it too personally when players opt to leave for the draft so their first reaction is to predict failure for them. That or they’re just assuming every guy who leaves Miami early will not get drafted because so many guys have ignored advice and left early only to get picked late or not at all. These guys have been given good grades by the draft advisory board. This isn’t a Marcus Fortson situation where he was told nobody will pick him and still left early. It’s very likely Kinchens and Taylor are both gone by the end of the second round, third latest. Taylor will likely be a first round/early second round pick. His motor is hot and cold like half the defensive tackles out there but teams will still value his ability. You don’t have to be Warren Sapp to be a first round DT. Check a few of the late first round picks last year.
Being drafted and being successful are two
very different things. I’m not sure most fans understand the difference. I pull for all of our players to have success at the next level.

Safeties aren't valued high so if Kam had JWills body or JWill had Kam’s turnover production… maybe that player would get day 1 looks. It wouldn’t shock me to see JWill go ahead of Kam after a strong combine.

All 3 would have benefited greatly with another year. 1. They likely make similar coin from NIL as NFL. This is assuming they continue to improve going higher.

Last edited:
Safeties are valued high so if Kam had JWills body or JWill had Kam’s turnover production… maybe that player would get day 1 looks. It wouldn’t shock me to see JWill go ahead of Kam after a strong combine.

All 3 would have benefited greatly with another year. 1. They likely make similar coin from NIL as NFL. This is assuming they continue to improve going higher.
Yes , they would have greatly but now there in a league that they are newborns, not being elite anymore and being over shadowed by scout team players fighting for minutes to get coaches eye and not being the DUDE anymore till you prove yourself will be a SHOCER beyond what the experienced there whole lives.

I remember when our JV had a scrimmage against the varsity.
Me being the Alfa male on D the varsity O QB called a 44 POWER QUICK PULL TRAP right over my gap I was defending.

I fired out and there was no one to hit then BOOM guard from opposite site pulled a the fullback BOTH hit me INTO ANOTHER WORLD .
That was 50 years ago and I still remember that hit to this day.

Yes , imagine the NFL

GOCANES

Advertisement
Taylor 18th and Kam 26th on bleacher reports big board. But Kam sucks and Taylor is an idiot for declaring riiiggghht

Cam Ward ranked as their 6th best QB.

Cohen or Lee not ranked in the top 18 for IOL

J will not in top 12 for safety

Last edited:
Taylor 18th and Kam 26th on bleacher reports big board. But Kam sucks and Taylor is an idiot for declaring

Taylor will benefit from it being a weak DT class. That said, my prediction is 2nd rd for him. The tape doesn't lie...too many plays off. Kinchens is a borderline late 1st rd/early 2nd rd is my prediction. Williams, Cohen, are 5th rd guys. Lee is 7th rd/undrafted. All should've come back but get why they didn't...best of luck to each..

Taylor will benefit from it being a weak DT class. That said, my prediction is 2nd rd for him. The tape doesn't lie...too many plays off. Kinchens is a borderline late 1st rd/early 2nd rd is my prediction. Williams, Cohen, are 5th rd guys. Lee is 7th rd/undrafted. All should've come back but get why they didn't...best of luck to each..
J Williams is the only one who could have increased his value with another year. You could argue Taylor could have used another year in the S & C program but given the fact he had no interest following a disciplined workout and nutrition plan…especially this year in his money year…I doubt anything would have changed…his value would have only gone down being another year older and in a deeper DT class next year. Plus more tape for NFL scouts to shoot holes through. He’s going first round based on his potential and lack of high level DT talent…not mainly because of his film.

There’s a difference between wanting a guy to come back to help the team you root for and it being in the kids best interest to declare. Kam would have only hurt himself. He’s at the peak of his value and near the peak of where safeties go nowadays. Lee and cohen have plenty of tape, have their body rights…they weren’t going to do anything to their value besides be another year older.

Advertisement
Taylor 18th and Kam 26th on bleacher reports big board. But Kam sucks and Taylor is an idiot for declaring riiiggghht

LT is our best chance for day 1 but I have a feeling he slips to day 2-3.

J Will is likely to be viewed by teams as a WLB which tends to be valued better than S.

Cam Ward - who?

IOL aren't valued as much but those two could see multiple contracts.

How has Bleacher done in accuracy? Would be thrilled but surprised KK goes that high.

I don't recall many saying Taylor was an idiot for leaving now. I know I expected it. I am shocked he is projected that high though. Was really impressed with him this season. But first half of first round good? Not in my amateur eyes. Was thinking low 2nd high 3rd.

Advertisement
I hate to say it. But the draft is telling us how few talented real difference makers/elite players we have had in the last few years. Hopefully we see more of our guys going 1st round in the future.

Advertisement
12-13 told that story well ahead of time.
Agreed. I think it more less reinforcing why we continue to see us get mediocre production during the season and see us dip into the portal. Missed evaluations and poor development have plagued us for a while now, and continue to.

Another thread and another win for the “mopes.”

How much longer before we can drop the “mope” nickname for the more accurate “realist” title.
Not trying to do that at all. Just saying our results have been lackluster and there may be a correlation to how we see our players eventually land in the draft. That’s all.

Hopefully that changes going forward starting with this year.

Advertisement
Back