SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

Fire Grier if he takes LT in the 1st. Wilkins and Sieler never stop. LT had a disappointing career at UM, I thought dude would be like Gerald Willis but he wasn't even close to Macintosh level imo.

Advertisement
My biggest pet peeve as a coach is players with questionable motor. I literally f*ckin' despise it. I benched a P5 recruit multiple times this season for poor effort.

There's only one way to play the game, full speed every time. If you're actively CHOOSING to let the man in front of you whoop your a$s because YOU don't feel like going hard, you're a selfish man-boy with no pride AND you're a bad teammate. People can't count on you if your effort is inconsistent from play to play. We don't know what we're gonna get from you!

3rd & 2 and we need a stop? We gotta cross our collective fingers and hope that you choose to play? 🖕🏼

Funny thing is, it's always the guys who have all the physical gifts.

Guys like LT get a pass because the handful of times when they do go hard, they flash something special. And people want to get more of that. (and they think they can)
Not only that coach but I always tell the kids I coach if you don’t go 100% there’s a greater chance you get hurt or somebody on our team gets hurt. I can’t risk putting you out there and hurting your future.

What are we talking about here? Did he play like a third overall or first overall type pick…no. Did he have exciting moments mixed in with questionable at best effort and technique…yes. Is a GM, scout, position coach going to think they can turn him into a pro bowler that warrants a mid to late first round pick…absolutely and especially when you consider how hard it is to find athletic DTs and how it’s a weak DT class.
Your last sentence raises a good point, my expectations for JT were as high as his star rating yet his production was not consistent in any way .
But just maybe he’ll recognize now it’s hero to zero the rest of the way no mercy in the NFL .

JT can succeed IF he chooses to work like he’s never ever done before against the most outrageous BEAST he’ll ever go up against.

He should be working now 24-7 like Restrepo does, the season NEVER ENDS .

JT can make it his choice

GOCANES

A lot of our fans take it too personally when players opt to leave for the draft so their first reaction is to predict failure for them. That or they’re just assuming every guy who leaves Miami early will not get drafted because so many guys have ignored advice and left early only to get picked late or not at all. These guys have been given good grades by the draft advisory board. This isn’t a Marcus Fortson situation where he was told nobody will pick him and still left early. It’s very likely Kinchens and Taylor are both gone by the end of the second round, third latest. Taylor will likely be a first round/early second round pick. His motor is hot and cold like half the defensive tackles out there but teams will still value his ability. You don’t have to be Warren Sapp to be a first round DT. Check a few of the late first round picks last year.

Advertisement
A lot of our fans take it too personally when players opt to leave for the draft so their first reaction is to predict failure for them. That or they’re just assuming every guy who leaves Miami early will not get drafted because so many guys have ignored advice and left early only to get picked late or not at all. These guys have been given good grades by the draft advisory board. This isn’t a Marcus Fortson situation where he was told nobody will pick him and still left early. It’s very likely Kinchens and Taylor are both gone by the end of the second round, third latest. Taylor will likely be a first round/early second round pick. His motor is hot and cold like half the defensive tackles out there but teams will still value his ability. You don’t have to be Warren Sapp to be a first round DT. Check a few of the late first round picks last year.
I guess my issue is I remember how the Sapp type DT played the domination was overpowering to witness that even the early years we knew by there play as freshmen we’re looking at #1 draft choices.
I set my bar for #1 draft picks at a total domination of there game to dictate a game consistently.

JT has this but never opened that can it was like he almost opened it but pulled back is what I saw .

JT has so much untapped field presence he never opened, he will need it now.

My first hit as a freshmen was up against a senior MLB that to this day I never forgot the difference between JV and varsity 3 year starter MLB who went D1 .

I believe in absorbing every year we can before the leap to a level of hitting that will knock you to another world and never cease.

It’s just the road less traveled that JT is on now.

He can do it , he just has to separate himself from everything outside the NFL families friends everything till me makes it or it will end fast.

His choice

GOCANES

Want to know what gets NFL scouts attention HITTING SLOBBER KNOCKERS .

Most here won’t agree but Williams at safety hands down will make and probably start in the NFL in my opinion.

His field presence scared receivers or anyone that came near , THIS is what NFL wants the injection of FEAR .

Doug Plank
Gary Fencik
The Blackwood brothers Miami Dolphins

None of these were fast or had great coverage ability but they had one thing that they brought FEAR of going near them FEAR of getting knocked out of the game.

This and only this is what NFL looks for .

Williams processes this in abundance

GOCANES

Advertisement
My biggest pet peeve as a coach is players with questionable motor. I literally f*ckin' despise it. I benched a P5 recruit multiple times this season for poor effort.

There's only one way to play the game, full speed every time. If you're actively CHOOSING to let the man in front of you whoop your a$s because YOU don't feel like going hard, you're a selfish man-boy with no pride AND you're a bad teammate. People can't count on you if your effort is inconsistent from play to play. We don't know what we're gonna get from you!

3rd & 2 and we need a stop? We gotta cross our collective fingers and hope that you choose to play? 🖕🏼

Funny thing is, it's always the guys who have all the physical gifts.

Guys like LT get a pass because the handful of times when they do go hard, they flash something special. And people want to get more of that. (and they think they can)
Preach. Yet people defend this or make excuses for it. LT’s effort has been pathetic at times and coaches have to beg / plead for him to try , eat well and to take care of his body. That’s just facts.

Preach. Yet people defend this or make excuses for it. LT’s effort has been pathetic at times and coaches have to beg / plead for him to try , eat well and to take care of his body. That’s just facts.

You guys didn't see a change this season? I was watching him pretty closely and felt he was a lot more reliable, just not first round. What did I miss?

Advertisement
He still took plays / games off. He showed up for the big games. So there’s that.
Do you believe that if LT had given the same effort as Bain, LT Could've been elite and lived up to his HS billing?

If he were a dog like Bain he’d be scary. Bain is beyond special.
JT has everything Bain has but hasn’t taken advantage of his talent.
Bain is utilizing everything he has and all the U can provide to make himself the best he can be .

This is the difference between them a choice

GOCANES

Advertisement
JT has everything Bain has but hasn’t taken advantage of his talent.
Bain is utilizing everything he has and all the U can provide to make himself the best he can be .

This is the difference between them a choice

GOCANES
The whole Bain/LT thing is really a cautionary tale for youngsters. You have two paths to take - one is easy in that moment and the other is comprised of delayed gratification.

Non-coincidentally, LT came from the Diaz country club tree and Bain comes from the balls to the wall keep grinding Christobol tree.

The whole Bain/LT thing is really a cautionary tale for youngsters. You have two paths to take - one is easy in that moment and the other is comprised of delayed gratification.

Non-coincidentally, LT came from the Diaz country club tree and Bain comes from the balls to the wall keep grinding Christobol tree.
Very interesting point, makes sense I get it totally 💯

JJ when he was recruiting he wanted to see how the recruits reacted to getting beat did they have temper tantrums kicking and screaming or did they tighten up there chin strap and fight till the last play.

Plus he wanted to see how they act when going up against an equal and better player across the line .
JJ best player we’re NOT 5 star players his recruits best up the 5 star players like Jimmy Jones .
JJ found him at a HS football practice watching someone else Jimmy Jones wasn’t even playing he was watching his teammates practice.
He was in tears wanting to play but couldn’t because he had to go to work for his mother to feed her kids.

JJ asked him “ will play for me at Miami “ Jones broke down crying YES I WILL.

The rest is history 2nd round NFL pick Cowboys.

this is exactly what your talking about RIGHT

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back