SI mock draft: Kinchens and Taylor

I have LT as a 2nd rounder that can go mid-late 1st depending on his combine numbers.

I had Kam as a mid 1st before this season. Right now, I have him as a 3rd-4th rounder that can move up to 2nd with a good combine/pro day.

Advertisement
As their decisions are made, I hope the best for both of them. Lots of money, great careers, the whole deal.

That said I can't take anything seriously that still has that ***** Williams at #1. He didn't even go home and cry to his mama, he did it right there on the field. NFL is gonna eat him up and spit him out.

And how does AI work?
Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF by NBA

Not sure if I buy either as a first rounder unless they absolutely kill it on their combine & pro days. But I would be elated if it happens as it becomes more for our coaches to sell on the trail.

Advertisement
A tale as old as time: “Canes” fans ****ting on our draft eligible players. I’m old enough to remember when fans were talking **** about Jon Beason declaring for the draft.

My biggest pet peeve as a coach is players with questionable motor. I literally f*ckin' despise it. I benched a P5 recruit multiple times this season for poor effort.

There's only one way to play the game, full speed every time. If you're actively CHOOSING to let the man in front of you whoop your a$s because YOU don't feel like going hard, you're a selfish man-boy with no pride AND you're a bad teammate. People can't count on you if your effort is inconsistent from play to play. We don't know what we're gonna get from you!

3rd & 2 and we need a stop? We gotta cross our collective fingers and hope that you choose to play? 🖕🏼

Funny thing is, it's always the guys who have all the physical gifts.

Guys like LT get a pass because the handful of times when they do go hard, they flash something special. And people want to get more of that. (and they think they can)

Advertisement
My biggest pet peeve as a coach is players with questionable motor. I literally f*ckin' despise it. I benched a P5 recruit multiple times this season for poor effort.

There's only one way to play the game, full speed every time. If you're actively CHOOSING to let the man in front of you whoop your a$s because YOU don't feel like going hard, you're a selfish man-boy with no pride AND you're a bad teammate. People can't count on you if your effort is inconsistent from play to play. We don't know what we're gonna get from you!

3rd & 2 and we need a stop? We gotta cross our collective fingers and hope that you choose to play? 🖕🏼

Funny thing is, it's always the guys who have all the physical gifts.

Guys like LT get a pass because the handful of times when they do go hard, they flash something special. And people want to get more of that. (and they think they can)
I want to take what you said, put it in a jar, and hand it out for Christmas next year to all the CiS folks who are/were so quick to jump to the defense of the types of players you're talking about.

Amen bro

I want to take what you said, put it in a jar, and hand it out for Christmas next year to all the CiS folks who are/were so quick to jump to the defense of the types of players you're talking about.

Amen bro
There’s a difference between defending the player and laughing at posters who thought he needed to come back to improve his draft grade because he wasn’t going to receive good projections / draft grade. There’s a difference between his on field / off field performance or lack there of and what scouts / nfl personnel project he can be.

His stock was only to get worse if he came back unless he made some serious changes.

The question we should ask ourselves did Taylor play at an NFL 1st round draft choice level this past year a dominate at Russel Maryland or Cortez Kennedy type level .to warrant this projection.

Just an honest question

GOCANES
What are we talking about here? Did he play like a third overall or first overall type pick…no. Did he have exciting moments mixed in with questionable at best effort and technique…yes. Is a GM, scout, position coach going to think they can turn him into a pro bowler that warrants a mid to late first round pick…absolutely and especially when you consider how hard it is to find athletic DTs and how it’s a weak DT class.

Advertisement
There’s a difference between defending the player and laughing at posters who thought he needed to come back to improve his draft grade because he wasn’t going to receive good projections / draft grade. There’s a difference between his on field / off field performance or lack there of and what scouts / nfl personnel project he can be.

His stock was only to get worse if he came back unless he made some serious changes.
That was not aimed at you. Back in September/October, I asked if LT was a bust thus far (at that point) in his college career. People got hung up on the word bust and in typical internet fashion, decided to make it about me being a horrible person, a football idiot, asexual, ugly, fat, and just a generally awful person. I was amazed how they figured that all out from my take on LT, but they did. Maybe "bust" was a bit too much, but underachiever certainly is not. 5 star recruits, which LT was, are considered future first rounders and at that time I did not see first rounder in his game for the reasons that you and I have pointed out.

You and I are saying the same things.

What are we talking about here? Did he play like a third overall or first overall type pick…no. Did he have exciting moments mixed in with questionable at best effort and technique…yes. Is a GM, scout, position coach going to think they can turn him into a pro bowler that warrants a mid to late first round pick…absolutely and especially when you consider how hard it is to find athletic DTs and how it’s a weak DT class.
"weak DT class" is the only justification I can come up with for why a team would spend a first rounder on him.

Watch the first half of the Clemson game. NFL scouts will.

At the bottom of that page is a link to their updated 3 round mock draft. Has Taylor is 29th, still to the Phins.
KK got dropped to 38th by GB and JW isn't in the top 3 rounds unless I missed him.

Advertisement
Some of you all are the worst fan base on here. The ones who says they wouldn't draft him that high probably haven't played a lick of ball n your life. Keyboard Madden mofos

I'm perplexed by this take. Maybe a handful of trolls or idiot posters say LT isn't talented or will be a UFA. The vast majority on here acknowledge his talent and are just guessing at his draft round.

I personally felt he was under-appreciated on CIS in the second half of the season when IMO he took a big step forward after the other starters went down. But I'm not sure he showed enough to merit the first round. I want to see how he performs at the combine. But right now, I expect a team calls his name in the second or third round. That would place him between the 33rd and 96th player taken across all positions. I also would be super happy for him and the staff if he did go in R1. Does that make me the "worst fan base"?

I'm perplexed by this take. Maybe a handful of trolls or idiot posters say LT isn't talented or will be a UFA. The vast majority on here acknowledge his talent and are just guessing at his draft round.

I personally felt he was under-appreciated on CIS in the second half of the season when IMO he took a big step forward after the other starters went down. But I'm not sure he showed enough to merit the first round. I want to see how he performs at the combine. But right now, I expect a team calls his name in the second or third round. That would place him between the 33rd and 96th player taken across all positions. I also would be super happy for him and the staff if he did go in R1. Does that make me the "worst fan base"?
Nope that's just your opinion n you layed it out well. Late first or second round is my take. Him n Kam. JW second to third depending on his combine

Advertisement
Back