SI article on opt-outs featuring Rousseau

I agree with you in principle, but Rousseau is a high-effort guy.

He’s always worked hard and played hard on the football field. I genuinely believe he did this for his mother.
Makes no sense at all and made no sense at the time. I have no idea what their thought process was, but it's backward, and I knew it would bite him in the ***. You can't play 10 games in college and quit with 3 years of eligibility left and expect NFL teams to be impressed. They've been burned way too many times by guys who test well but didn't love the game.

Advertisement
Makes no sense at all and made no sense at the time. I have no idea what their thought process was, but it's backward, and I knew it would bite him in the ***. You can't play 10 games in college and quit with 3 years of eligibility left and expect NFL teams to be impressed. They've been burned way too many times by guys who test well but didn't love the game.

And on top of it, he didn’t test very well.

Chise you hit it on the head. It is not about GR on a personal level.
They care nothing about his personal feeling, likes or dislikes, or even his views on Covid.
Rather teams are more worried about what GR can do for the NFL team that selects him, and growing their investment by his playing, actions, and pub, after they have put out the $$$$$$$$$$'s initially, to show they made a great choice and business decision.
The NFL looks out for the NFL, not the players thoughts or feelings.
It is BOTTOM LINE

GR is in a lose-lose situation with many of you. Even if he was going to be the #2 pick, you naysayers would say “Ha! If he hadn’t opted out he could have been the #1 pick!!” Smh.

Leave kid alone. He made his decision. He doesn’t regret it. And he’s going to be just fine. Amazing we have so-called UM fans being so **** negative toward this kid who has done nothing but represent the university extremely well.
Exactly!! Man do I hope the Dolphins aren't dumb enough to pass this kid up at 18. That would be a Big mistake.

Me and Jeremiah see this one the same although we are increasingly in the minority. This looks like another Calais situation to my eyes.

@BoxingRobes and @HighSeas , who are your top rushers in this draft? I think we all agree Jaelan Phillips is the man and a top 10 talent. Who do you like beyond him?

For me, aside from Phillips and Rousseau, I like Joe Tryon (UW) and Payton Turner (Houston). Give me guys with length, athleticism and motor. Some of the other names I'm seeing are either too short, too stiff, too unproductive or all three.

Advertisement

Me and Jeremiah see this one the same although we are increasingly in the minority. This looks like another Calais situation to my eyes.

@BoxingRobes and @HighSeas , who are your top rushers in this draft? I think we all agree Jaelan Phillips is the man and a top 10 talent. Who do you like beyond him?

For me, aside from Phillips and Rousseau, I like Joe Tryon (UW) and Payton Turner (Houston). Give me guys with length, athleticism and motor. Some of the other names I'm seeing are either too short, too stiff, too unproductive or all three.

Paye is going to go really high.

I rustled jimmies months ago saying anyone using a top ten to fifteen pick on him are insane. That’s the type of pick that gets your *** fired.

I like GR , he’s just not a top pick. He’s raw, needs work and there’s plenty of questions about him. In two to three years I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a good player. There’s just no way I use anything more than a pick in the mid to late 20’s.

So far I've only looked at skill position players. But the Bucs probably should draft an edge guy unless Najee Harris falls to them so I will look at the top names.

I've heard good things about Tryon and Turner. I'm obviously familar with Roche and I'm fine with him as a low-ceiling rotational option in the late day-2 range.

Advertisement
Paye has a chance to be a good player in the right system because he's high character and twitchy. For me, I'm going with the longer, more productive players that are also good athletes.

You know measurables trump production with these NFL front offices. Half these dudes are clueless, hence the reason things happen like the Pats just running away with an entire division for almost 2 decades.

But the opt-out and meh workout is going to cost Greg. Hopefully doesn't cost him first-round money, but if he played in 2020 and had 15+ sacks again and tested a little better he'd be a lock Top 10 pick. Now he's going to be quite nervous once the clock hits about pick 18-ish. I still think the length will convince someone, but I wouldn't put any money down that he goes Round 1 right now.

I rustled jimmies months ago saying anyone using a top ten to fifteen pick on him are insane. That’s the type of pick that gets your *** fired.

I like GR , he’s just not a top pick. He’s raw, needs work and there’s plenty of questions about him. In two to three years I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a good player. There’s just no way I use anything more than a pick in the mid to late 20’s.
While you may be right on picking him late instead of early my eyes after watching all the film is GR will be the best of the bunch. Kid is going to absolutely explode at the next level.

I posted this when it happened. Multiple scouts said no matter what people say it hurts the kids and the narrative is they’re quitters. Which is a red flag. They’ll still get drafted but I’m sure it’ll hurt the positioning . Especially if the kids had returned.

Btw GR wanted to play but agents talked him and the family Into sitting out. Which imo was the wrong decision for him, oh well. He’ll be ok.
The list of UM players receiving poor advice from agents/advisors continues to grow. At what point do they start to take notice and tune out the leeches?

I'll stand by my unpopular take of he should be more of a 34 end.

I like Azeez Ojulari. Plays football like its 1993.

If you're looking for mid-tier guys...while I don't think their upsides are particularly high - as most of this class kind of top out as role players, i think there is quite a few them...I like the ACC guys...Roche, Boogie, and Weaver. I like Turner, too.

Advertisement
GR is in a lose-lose situation with many of you. Even if he was going to be the #2 pick, you naysayers would say “Ha! If he hadn’t opted out he could have been the #1 pick!!” Smh.

Leave kid alone. He made his decision. He doesn’t regret it. And he’s going to be just fine. Amazing we have so-called UM fans being so **** negative toward this kid who has done nothing but represent the university extremely well.
Wait, the kid quit on his team and the University for his own benefit, and you are shocked fans are negative on it because he represents UM so well? How does sitting on your sofa and using COVID as an excuse represent UM, or yourself, 'so well'? Just because the kid initially chose UM means we are suppose to be fans of his for life, regardless of anything else that happens? I would have more respect if he was just honest about why he sat out. The BS is worse than just thinking about himself. I don't root for bs'ers. This millennial generation seems to think that doing what's best for you vs doing what's best for others around you is a positive trait. That's why everyone else hates your generation.

Wait, the kid quit on his team and the University for his own benefit, and you are shocked fans are negative on it because he represents UM so well? How does sitting on your sofa and using COVID as an excuse represent UM, or yourself, 'so well'? Just because the kid initially chose UM means we are suppose to be fans of his for life, regardless of anything else that happens? I would have more respect if he was just honest about why he sat out. The BS is worse than just thinking about himself. I don't root for bs'ers. This millennial generation seems to think that doing what's best for you vs doing what's best for others around you is a positive trait. That's why everyone else hates your generation.
That’s the pride showing ME first, it will show again this time in the NFL and he’ll be tagged.

Pride a terrible thing it must be fed as it grows and consumes.

GOCANES

Advertisement
The list of UM players receiving poor advice from agents/advisors continues to grow. At what point do they start to take notice and tune out the leeches?

Rosseau cost himself at least 20+ million dollars sitting out the season. What a terrible, terrible business decision. That said, I wonder if Phillips would have played himself into the 1st round if Rosseau hadn't opted out?

Advertisement
Back