Shout outs and Call outs....

RattlerCane

Redshirt Freshman
I'd like to start with the offense as a whole for the first shout out. They put on their best outing in years. There were a few mistakes here and there but the overall performance was nice. It was nice to see the few scuffles to protect the QB. It was nice seeing how the ball was spread around. The pass definitely opened up the run game which could have been utilized more if we didn't stay on the field so long as a defense. Which brings up the first call out... I know we were up against one of the arguably top 5 running backs in the country but in order to help keep your team in a position to win big games you have to put it all on the line and make stops and big plays to put opponents away. I'm sure a big part of that goes to the DC but there were a lot of missed tackles and missed opportunities.

Waiting for that complete game where the offense, the defense and special teams all show up and feed off of one another.

Advertisement
Our secondary is the most overrated part of our team. I remember all off season people praising the secondary and how great it is. I don't like calling out players because they are simply college student athletes but let's be real here the secondary is one of our biggest weaknesses on our team. Tracy has made 1 play all year and it was a terribly thrown ball directly to him. I know people slurp all over Burns because he has ridiculous speed, but he has been nothing short of terrible. Cannot tackle, has been smacked in the face numerous times (literally), and hasnt done much in coverage to supplement his terrible tackling and soft shouldered personality on the field. I absolutely love Dallas Crawford for being a team player and changing positions numerous times, but he was terrible last night as well. Terrible angles, getting shook out of his shoes, and hasn't made a single play on the ball all year.

I am not putting all the blame on the players because obviously the coaches have there shortcomings. But it's not Golden's/Dorito's fault that tracy doesn't turn around on a deep ball, or burns gets run over repeatedly etc. MAYBE just MAYBE some sofla recruits are highly overrated coming out of high school.

Advertisement
I'd be willing to bet Tracy Howard has 0 future in the NFL. And as a 5 star recruit that should never be the case. He's supposed to be this awesome shut down corner with great technique, but FAMU and Ark st. would beg to differ. Like I stated Artie is a great athlete but he is not even close to a football player at this point. Deon was good as a freshman but for whatever reason still doesn't look completely back. Crawford will be a great special teams player in the league but not as a safety, although i'll put the blame on the coaches for this one because he shouldn't have had to switch positions twice.

Tim the scheme and player development on defense are the bigger issues. Our guys on defense make plays in spite of the system not because of it. Tracy got an INT last night, but the entire defense would be better if they weren't expected to play either standing still or backing up.

I'd be willing to bet Tracy Howard has 0 future in the NFL. And as a 5 star recruit that should never be the case. He's supposed to be this awesome shut down corner with great technique, but FAMU and Ark st. would beg to differ. Like I stated Artie is a great athlete but he is not even close to a football player at this point. Deon was good as a freshman but for whatever reason still doesn't look completely back. Crawford will be a great special teams player in the league but not as a safety, although i'll put the blame on the coaches for this one because he shouldn't have had to switch positions twice.

Our secondary is the most overrated part of our team. I remember all off season people praising the secondary and how great it is. I don't like calling out players because they are simply college student athletes but let's be real here the secondary is one of our biggest weaknesses on our team. Tracy has made 1 play all year and it was a terribly thrown ball directly to him. I know people slurp all over Burns because he has ridiculous speed, but he has been nothing short of terrible. Cannot tackle, has been smacked in the face numerous times (literally), and hasnt done much in coverage to supplement his terrible tackling and soft shouldered personality on the field. I absolutely love Dallas Crawford for being a team player and changing positions numerous times, but he was terrible last night as well. Terrible angles, getting shook out of his shoes, and hasn't made a single play on the ball all year.

I am not putting all the blame on the players because obviously the coaches have there shortcomings. But it's not Golden's/Dorito's fault that tracy doesn't turn around on a deep ball, or burns gets run over repeatedly etc. MAYBE just MAYBE some sofla recruits are highly overrated coming out of high school.

The play last week when he eased up with the ball in the air when he could of made a knock out hit, bat down, or an int showed me how much he is worth as a safety now. Then lat night when his responsibility was to close the hole, he actually ran away from it.....dude is not as good as everyone here thought....****...he should of stayed at rb...at least he could of still been our short yardage back...safety he is terrible

Advertisement
Back