Shouldve expected this...

shayleon

Sophomore
Im beyond ****ed at the first half performance but when I calm down, I realize that I shouldve expected this. Miami played 1 game verse a JV team and missed practices. Toledo is not a scrub. They have a future NFL QB and are 3 and 0. We all shouldve expected this type of first half. I expect ajustments to be made in the second half and a win. Hopefully we never see another half like that this season...

Advertisement
Those of us who did their research knew that Toledo would not be a cakewalk and that they could give Miami fits. Add to that the 21 day layoff and this was a recipe for a rough/sloppy game on Miami's part. Even with our defensive front 7 being as good as they are, I knew Toledo was gonna score points (some people were acting as if it would be a shutout lol). That being said, the secondary IS suspect a fawk, and Manny Diaz needs to become better with his defensive gameplanning or he is going to get EXPOSED once we start ACC play. All in all we really only had 1 really bad quarter of football (2nd). Left some points on the board in the first, but it's rare that a team plays a perfect 4 quarters of football. Glad the adjustments were made and the team came out more focused in the second half.

All the tough guys thought Miami should have stomped Toledo despite all the variables added to the equation. These guys live in an odd world.

Advertisement
We gave up over 300 and over 400 yards in our first two games, neither team being a P5 team.

We have one of the statistically worst defenses in football, AGAIN.

Toledo just might go 11-1.

We just beat the MAC preseason favorites by 22 and scored 42 points in the 2nd half and people think it's garbage.

Not to mention their offense averages 46 points per game and scored less than 30 only twice last year.

Advertisement
All the tough guys thought Miami should have stomped Toledo despite all the variables added to the equation. These guys live in an odd world.
why is there always some reason for us playing average other than actually just being average. Other than you all pumping each other's butts full of sunshine, what has this team actually done to show you anything else?

We just beat the MAC preseason favorites by 22 and scored 42 points in the 2nd half and people think it's garbage.

Not to mention their offense averages 46 points per game and scored less than 30 only twice last year.

I swear our fans don't watch anything outside Miami football. They had no idea who Toledo was.

Does anyone in their right mind think Clemson or Bama would give up 400 yards and 30 points to TOLEDO?

Those are the teams we should be compared to, and if we arent, then it aint good enough.

I swear our fans don't watch anything outside Miami football. They had no idea who Toledo was.

Toledo is a MAC super power which is not saying much lol no need to watch them, now they are better than Arkansas State for sure.

Advertisement
Does anyone in their right mind think Clemson or Bama would give up 400 yards and 30 points to TOLEDO?

Those are the teams we should be compared to, and if we arent, then it aint good enough.

Thats a fair & valid point.

No way either team gives up that amount of points or yards against this Toledo team and most likely both teams will play their backups in the 2nd half when the game is totally out of hand.

Alabama just gave up 391 yards and 23 points to Colorado State one week ago. And Toledo has a better offense than Colorado State. Great post, though.

Advertisement

No way either team gives up that amount of points or yards against this Toledo team and most likely both teams will play their backups in the 2nd half when the game is totally out of hand.

So you think Colorado State is better than Toledo?

They covered the spread and were dominant in the second half. We did what truly good teams do -- separate in the second half. Not perfect, but I'll take it.

we're not as good as alabama or clemson lol... if you judge every single game on the standard of "are we one of the two best teams in the country" then i'm glad i'm not you

Colorado State scored 3 points against Colorado
Colorado State scored 23 points against Alabama

But you guys are right, Alabama could never give up yards and points to Toledo.

Advertisement
Back