Should we sign a punter.

Advertisement
Is Spicer on scholarship? I believe he was a walk on last year.

Advertisement
Spicer is a Senior and who is Price?

And a senior Grad Transfer aint coming here is Hedley comes back.
If Hedley comes b
Spicer is a Senior and who is Price?

And a senior Grad Transfer aint coming here is Hedley comes back.
First I don't think Hedley is going pro. If Hedley comes back then we don't need a grad transfer. If he leaves then we bring in a transfer if needed

My reasoning is because Hedley is like 24 or 25 years old. If he kills it, whose to say he doesnt declare for the draft.

Also our backup Punter is a senior this year and he is also on scholarship. We could potentially lose 2 punters at the end of the year.

And if Hedley does come back, we could bring in a freshman and Redshirt him and he can watch and learn behind Hedley

You mean leave early to try the UFA market?

You mean leave early to try the UFA market?

That's a great point, that "football expert" 2.0 didn't bother to consider.

2019 - 2 punters drafted (4th round, 5th round).
2018 - 4 punters drafted (3 in the 5th, 1 in the 7th).
2017 - 0 punters drafted. Zero-point-zero.
2016 - 3 punters drafted (1 in the 6th, 2 in the 7th).
2015 - 1 punter drafted (5th round).
2014 - 1 punter drafted (6th round). Pat O'Donnell.
2013 - 2 punters drafted (both 5th round).
2012 - 2 punters drafted (1 in the 3rd, 1 in the 6th).
2011 - 1 punter drafted (6th round). Matt Bosher.
2010 - 3 punters drafted (1 each in the 5th, 6th, 7th rounds).
2009 - 3 punters drafted (2 in the 5th, 1 in the 7th).
2008 - 1 punter drafted (6th round).

How far back do we need to go? 23 guys in 12 years, just under 2 per year. Only 4 times in 12 years have MORE THAN TWO punters been drafted.

But, yeah, 2.0 is waking up at 3 am in the morning in a cold sweat, worried that Hedley is going to the NFL draft in a year. After 6 practices, half of which he has missed.

Brilliant.

Advertisement
Just delete your screen name.

At 3 am, you come up with a brilliant plan to BLUESHIRT a recruited punter over the threat of a guy going pro early who has only been on campus for a couple of weeks.

No one has any "animosity" towards you, we are just observing that your posts are terrible.

Stop the passive-aggressive nonsense. You are fully aware of why people dislike your stupid postings.
Cocaine is a helluva drug !

Advertisement
That's a great point, that "football expert" 2.0 didn't bother to consider.

2019 - 2 punters drafted (4th round, 5th round).
2018 - 4 punters drafted (3 in the 5th, 1 in the 7th).
2017 - 0 punters drafted. Zero-point-zero.
2016 - 3 punters drafted (1 in the 6th, 2 in the 7th).
2015 - 1 punter drafted (5th round).
2014 - 1 punter drafted (6th round). Pat O'Donnell.
2013 - 2 punters drafted (both 5th round).
2012 - 2 punters drafted (1 in the 3rd, 1 in the 6th).
2011 - 1 punter drafted (6th round). Matt Bosher.
2010 - 3 punters drafted (1 each in the 5th, 6th, 7th rounds).
2009 - 3 punters drafted (2 in the 5th, 1 in the 7th).
2008 - 1 punter drafted (6th round).

How far back do we need to go? 23 guys in 12 years, just under 2 per year. Only 4 times in 12 years have MORE THAN TWO punters been drafted.

But, yeah, 2.0 is waking up at 3 am in the morning in a cold sweat, worried that Hedley is going to the NFL draft in a year. After 6 practices, half of which he has missed.

Brilliant.

And not to mention, how many of those punters declared early?

My reasoning is because Hedley is like 24 or 25 years old. If he kills it, whose to say he doesnt declare for the draft.

Also our backup Punter is a senior this year and he is also on scholarship. We could potentially lose 2 punters at the end of the year.

And if Hedley does come back, we could bring in a freshman and Redshirt him and he can watch and learn behind Hedley
It would be very Canes to lose a punter early so that he can go undrafted.

Well maybe im a year ahead in my thinking

Seems like the Aussie Boot is a Redshirt Sophomore

Advertisement
I think we should take at least one punter in every class.

Maybe two.

This is an outstanding way to best utilize the scholarships across all the position groups on the team.

Post much, much less.

On to the JV board for you.

Im of the belief that we should blueshirt a HS punter this class

24 or 25?. I didn't know he was that old.

I think we should take at least one punter in every class.

Maybe two.

This is an outstanding way to best utilize the scholarships across all the position groups on the team.

Post much, much less.

On to the JV board for you.

Serious question though, how about long snappers? Should we hit the portal or is the SoFla class loaded next year so we can take the cfb usual 2 per class?

Advertisement
Back