Should we move James Williams to LB?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
He's got the frame to fill out, I get he plays LB some but why not move him there permanently? I think his future in the NFL is at LB not safety. Just think about how you can use him as a blitzer and covering TEs. It's probably to late to make the switch now but going into 2023 it should be under consideration

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's got the frame to fill out, I get he plays LB some but why not move him there permanently? I think his future in the NFL is at LB not safety. Just think about how you can use him as a blitzer and covering TEs.
We’re gonna blitz him and match him up with TEs regardless. He did as much on Saturday. At one point, he was lined up 1 on 1 with their big, athletic TE who was split out wide. Might as well not worry about Williams’ position. He’ll be used all over in subpackages, it seems. Curious to see him in Robber coverages.

Advertisement
Advertisement
B4D78452-57DA-41FC-B95F-7539BD3F163A.gif

He is basically a rover and they play him perfectly in passing situation.. from in the box he can cover slots, blitz, cover te, spy qbs, etc.. his int was a freaky type play.. hope we get more of that.. was some gogo gadget type reach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back