Should we be on Enos HC Watch???

I came to this thread to see if there was an inside joke. If we use the same binary rubric for Coach Enos that he uses to judge his own QBs, I think even he would acknowledge he's not succeeded this season. Nothing he can do this season will salvage that and any AD who elevates him to a HC for it is hopped up on recency bias.

it is a joke however with how erratic HCs go (outs included) teams that are willing to fire mid season are looking to position themselves to at best calm the waters. Arkansas isn’t going to land a program changer so the expectation won’t be high. Insert Dan Penos. Really just posted due to familiarity and his current perception was shaped by his tenure there as an OC.

Advertisement
Firing a coach after 2 years is insane. You have 2 recruiting class with one coaches identity and 2 classes with another coaches identity while bringing in another coach that will want his type of kids. It will take forever for a program to become stable.

Morris made his own bed at Arkansas. He didnt even move his family to the state and commuted back and forth to Dallas. Bad optics.

He was counting on his son to come in at Qb.

Arkansas is a bad job. I wonder if Jerry goes after Gus w a brinks truck.

To be fair, the Arkansas coach needs to be a Texas guy with really strong ties to the state for Arkansas to have any hope as a program.

I think even if the offense takes off big time Enos will be here next year, but maybe 2021 he gets an HC gig and we can finally go spread, but I would love if we brought on a passing coordinator similar to LSU with Brady.

Advertisement
We should end up at that 8.5 wins the experts from Vegas said we would to begin with- but watch where they put us next year, if we keep him.

There was a lot to sort out, and a culture to change this season. You keep coaches who show signs of bringing the program an upswing while installing a new system. This staff is on schedule - after FSU, we got a lift recruiting, we change OCs, that may go away, particularly depnding who they bring in.

Chad Morris just wasn't cut out to be a HC at the P5 level, he had no success at SMU, what made Arkansas think he was going to turn them around?

If you're a G5 coach & can't string together at the very least two 9/10 win seasons, then you have no business getting a P5 job. Arkansas messed up from the beginning in hiring a coach that was 14-22 in 3 seasons, what did they think they were getting? lol.

With all that being said, he is still a great Offensive coach & could no doubt an OC a number of different places, he created the foundation of that Clemson Offense & was a lot like Briles & Malzahn as guys who came straight from High School but was able to operate high octane offenses.

I don't think Enos is going anywhere, but we should still consider bringing Morris in as an analyst. Larry Fedora is an analyst right now for Texas, we could use another pair of eyes to look over this offense & add some input.

Advertisement
He didnt get even 2 full years, but his tenure was not good at all.

I dont think he even won 1 SEC game. Additionally there weren't really any signs of improvement. It'd be one thing if he lost every game to Bama, Auburn, LSU, aTm, etc, but that wasnt the case at all.

The microwave society correlations have some validity, but Chad Morris wasnt producing at all. Let's not forget he's getting paid millions to develop young men and win football games.

I didnt understand Arky hiring him to begin with. He didnt exactly rock it at SMU.

Chad Morris just wasn't cut out to be a HC at the P5 level, he had no success at SMU, what made Arkansas think he was going to turn them around?

If you're a G5 coach & can't string together at the very least two 9/10 win seasons, then you have no business getting a P5 job. Arkansas messed up from the beginning in hiring a coach that was 14-22 in 3 seasons, what did they think they were getting? lol.

Period!!!

Advertisement
Right, but we had b!tches on here making up all kind of extenuating circumstances for Morris.

Chad Morris didnt do a good but it's not like he walked into a roster that fit his system. The team has seniors recruited by Brett Bielema & Enos.

How you figure? Bowden was 10-2 in His 2nd year, 11-1 in His 4th year, & 10-2 in His 5th year.

I was going by his West Virginia time too. He wouldn’t of never made it to the national titles at FSU with all the 6-7 win seasons in today’s football. He also never gotten the FSU job with what he did at Wvu.

He had a bunch of 6,7 and 9 win seasons in the 80’s. He had a losing record at Wvu close to going to FSU. Point is there’s no patience to build these days . You’re a corch after one year , it’s dumb.

Attachments

• E58048C1-7B8D-4F14-B940-FB7BF4188E72.png
    E58048C1-7B8D-4F14-B940-FB7BF4188E72.png
    599.4 KB · Views: 11
Advertisement
It is scary that SOME people are concerned about Enos leaving us to take a head coaching gig when it seemed like the majority of this board 8 days ago before the FSU game were hoping Enos would get fired.

Microwave is not always the answer....I believe Schnellenberger and Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis all had 4 or 5 losses in their first season's at "The U" and 2 out of those 3 won Nattys while the third created what is unquestionably the greatest college football team ever assembled.

Let's show at least a little bit more patience than Free Shoes University. Personally I wish they would have kept Whiffin Willie there so we could continue beating them....but now Whiffin Willie is Wealthy Willie and will no longer have to work a day in his life.

It is scary that SOME people are concerned about Enos leaving us to take a head coaching gig when it seemed like the majority of this board 8 days ago before the FSU game were hoping Enos would get fired.

Microwave is not always the answer....I believe Schnellenberger and Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis all had 4 or 5 losses in their first season's at "The U" and 2 out of those 3 won Nattys while the third created what is unquestionably the greatest college football team ever assembled.

Let's show at least a little bit more patience than Free Shoes University. Personally I wish they would have kept Whiffin Willie there so we could continue beating them....but now Whiffin Willie is Wealthy Willie and will no longer have to work a day in his life.

You’re completely reading it wrong. Most aren’t worried about him leaving

Advertisement
Back