Should we be more concerned about safety?

1705357646849.gif

Advertisement
I don't see us being elite next year. I also don't think we will play anyone that will be very good. We do play a couple good teams that might be ranked around 15 or 20.
Have to have sideline to sideline safeties at UM. I always said 25 man, it doesn’t mean we can’t be pretty good.

Came here thinking this is where all the mopes fled to. Give it some time...they'll be here!
I'm stoked with the Ward pick up and some of the other portal pieces but safety is a major concern. Miami has nothing at the position currently. Wasn't impressed with anyone that play safety in the bowl game. Gta get atleast 1 stud safety. Not even sure if any are out there in the portal currently tho

I'm stoked with the Ward pick up and some of the other portal pieces but safety is a major concern. Miami has nothing at the position currently. Wasn't impressed with anyone that play safety in the bowl game. Gta get atleast 1 stud safety. Not even sure if any are out there in the portal currently tho
We got nothing back there at this point unless there is a secret stud we don’t know about.

Advertisement
Here's why I'm not concerned (yet). Was watching a couple of the ON3 talking heads and they mentioned that the next portal window post-spring may be more saturated than the current one we're in, i.e, guys that were on the fence after the season potentially jumping in, natural spring attrition, etc.

The other piece is Addae and the very real possibility he's not around.

Here's why I'm not concerned (yet). Was watching a couple of the ON3 talking heads and they mentioned that the next portal window post-spring may be more saturated than the current one we're in, i.e, guys that were on the fence after the season potentially jumping in, natural spring attrition, etc.

The other piece is Addae and the very real possibility he's not around.
Where is the Addae talk coming from? Are you serious that it’s a possibility he won’t be around?

Advertisement
Marquise is a **** good safety. He needs to gain at least 10 pounds, which is absolutely doable in 10 months. Dude was always in position on runs and can cover like crazy. But his weight is hindering his progress right now. But it’s a bit overblown because Rutgers’ RB was getting pushed by the oline the whole time. But he should have gotten more burn this year to prepare him for next season.

Advertisement
I REALLY THINK A VET SAFETY IS NEEDED I WANTED THE S FROM UNIV OF SOUTH ALABAMA.

nOW IF THE PLAN IS TO MOVE rICHARD THERE IM LESS WORRIED. But there doesnt seem to be much action from us at that position currently.

We have bodies there and brought in a player. We have to develop some of our own players. Jaden Harris, Markieth (needs to eat a cow), Spencer plus Zaquan, someone has to step up from thag group. We are strap fpr numbers and some of these guys didnt get alot of reps because of Kam and James. I expect them to be given a chance to win jobs and we may look at it again after spring, unless we can get a stud now.

Advertisement
I REALLY THINK A VET SAFETY IS NEEDED I WANTED THE S FROM UNIV OF SOUTH ALABAMA.

nOW IF THE PLAN IS TO MOVE rICHARD THERE IM LESS WORRIED. But there doesnt seem to be much action from us at that position currently.
Probably looking towards a spring window time period. I’m pretty the staff sees what we all see. I think we’re good for spring..that position group is lining up to be a position battle..then see if we need a plug in play with what’s available in the portal

We got nothing back there at this point unless there is a secret stud we don’t know about.
Don’t look to the bowl game they played double Nickles back there idky. I did like what Markeith did he was a tad slow reading things but overall looked like he can maybe play with more reps. 19 looks to be a guy as well. I think with the front 7 we will have all the safeties will have to do is not try to play hero ball like #5 did all year and the defense will be really good

Bro whats up with the Caps, ****

Anyway, I'm getting the feeling we're quite happy with the young cats at S, who were depth pieces behind Kamren and JW.

I'm still trying to figure out what we do at CB.

Either way unless we get some top guy in the portal it would be unfair to expect the next two starters to be as good as james and kam..Might be hard to replace them right now because they were starting for 3 years basically

Advertisement
Back