Should Langham bulk up and add weight to play a hybrid Role?

Advertisement
Im in favor of giving Cager's reps to Langham for the next couple weeks to see how he does.

After high pointing be ball and making the game winning TD that's at least what we should do . Langham wanted that ball more than the db I haven't seen that out of cager at all .

Cager not playing defense, or really going for the ball was the reason for Rosier's one pick.

( Also responding to @Cash )

I don't think Cager played soft or bad, I simply think he lacks the athleticism to make adjustments while running in order to make a difficult catch. He only production seems to come from slant patterns where he gets inside position on a smaller DB. If the ball doesn't hit him in stride and within the numbers, the catch isn't made.

On the interception, he must not have tracked the ball at all. When you watch that play on the Sky Cam, its clear that Cager does not amend his route at all. He doesn't seem to pick up the flight of the ball until its nearly on top of him. Maybe he has a vision problem (serious comment).

I don’t blame him at all for interception. Totally out of his reach. I watched him pull up on 3 separate passes because he didn’t want to take a hit which is why I made that statement. Probably should’ve clarified. 2 passes in final drive they tried to hit him down the sideline also looked like he tried to catch the PI call rather than fight for the ball. By that one he should’ve known he wasn’t going to get a PI call from those douche bag refs.

I completely agree regarding his quitting on routes. In the game thread on the WEZ, several of us noted that he pulled up and quit on a square in route on a key 3rd down play. What's crazy is that he was the 2nd option on that route. When you're on the field and you know you're the QB's 2nd read on a pattern, you have to expect the ball might come to you.

It sort of seemed to me that the game was bigger than his skillset.

Im in favor of giving Cager's reps to Langham for the next couple weeks to see how he does.

After high pointing be ball and making the game winning TD that's at least what we should do . Langham wanted that ball more than the db I haven't seen that out of cager at all .

It actually wasnt a high point... it was a back shoulder throw. Langham made a perfect play on the ball turning his body side ways the opposite direction from the field to catch it

Last edited:
Next year I see him as Njoku reincarnated. Big WR who can work over the middle. Good blocker you can sometimes keep in but more of a pass catching threat

Advertisement
Next year I see him as Njoku reincarnated. Big WR who can work over the middle. Good blocker you can sometimes keep in but more of a pass catching threat

That is how I hope he gets used. I would like him to bulk up putting on some good muscle and be the tweener hybrid guy that can play outside or block

Advertisement
Back