Should CiS do a 'Fire Golden' front page story?

Should CiS do a 'Fire Golden' front page story?

• Total voters
Advertisement
Why bother, it isn't a major media outlet and there's plenty of fire Al Golden threads already on any Cane website out there. In fact pretty much every thread devolves into people saying the same thing that's been said hundreds if not thousands of times.

Based on thread locking and post disappearance, I think access to break a possible story is a more important goal at CIS.

I think in the long hall, a division of CIS into opinion stories, hard team news stories, and investigative stories should be the model. CIS has provided one of the most 'Cane fan friendly formats out there, with a wealth of great info. The trick is having a face the Athletic Department is comfortable with and will allow access to, while having opinionated writers who will say what must be said. The investigative arm is critical; Like it or not, for at least the near term future, Miami is a story when things change. Getting ahead of a story and having the national news media follow you is key. Sperman is an example of how not to do it, orangebloods.com is a good template.

Advertisement
Why bother, it isn't a major media outlet and there's plenty of fire Al Golden threads already on any Cane website out there. In fact pretty much every thread devolves into people saying the same thing that's been said hundreds if not thousands of times.

LOL so when AG first got here you couldn't stop from trashing him, but now that it's been proven he's a corch, you don't like the criticism. You are easily the most obvious non-canes fan ever. Drop dead.

Pete Ariz doesn't want to lose his insider status, so they won't be officially critical of the UM staff. Sad.

Peter and Tito are about as "insider" as my neighbor's rottweiller. In fact I would say they're neck and neck with Odoidoi for "scoops". Texting a couple of prospective recruits doesn't make you an insider. And my boy Thready Kruger has been calling for a Fire Al Golden story for a while now, but you have to have balls for that. We get more legitimate Canes content from Kirijax! Dan E had people reading his updates and recaps all season, even when he actively told folks he didn't care to watch the team **** the bed. CIS, Canesinsider, State OF tHe U, Ferman…these places are just conduits for our griping or cheering. Anyone remember the last time any one of these sites held any heft either locally or nationally? The team sites for Texas, Bama, even Rutgers break more actual news and interact with their teams more than these guys. It says a lot that the best Canes content we have gotten in the past few years came from Michael Casagrande. Reynolds is interested in pushing his own dumb shtick ("…or something"), Porter is just a twitter queen. Canes info is at an all time low.

Advertisement
This is depression that he is still around, I am really going to watch the highschool game on espn u when BTW, MC and TC play two Utah teams and a Washington all state champions

Advertisement
This is depression that he is still around, I am really going to watch the highschool game on espn u when BTW, MC and TC play two Utah teams and a Washington all state champions

My pop warner coach coaches for that Bingham Utah team that is playing BTW. They have a bunch of big poly boys up front should be a fun game to watch. I hope BTW destroys them.

LOL so when AG first got here you couldn't stop from trashing him, but now that it's been proven he's a corch, you don't like the criticism. You are easily the most obvious non-canes fan ever. Drop dead.

Is this a major media outlet? The answer is no.

Why does this site or any other need to do a fire Al thread? As I said, it's already been said ad nauseam hundreds if not thousands of times on various websites, so what would a very minor player (anyone who does stories here) do besides get the bunch the same people saying the same things daily riled up?

This site and pretty much the others have become a circle jerk of people saying the same thing in every imaginable way hundreds if not thousands of times. This site more so than any other has a bunch of people who aren't funny making every thread an attempt at humor rather than offering any insight or new thought.

So what does one of the writers (I'm being very generous with that term) here writing an opinion piece add to the massive pile of fan discontent? Absolutely nothing, so what's the point of your post? Talk about beating a dead horse. Even if they did a piece, they're late to the party as we're most of the posters about Al on any website.

Happy Holidays, but were you to impale yourself on a Christmas tree, the world might be a better place.

Advertisement
I <3 Golden

vyurvc.jpg

Is this a major media outlet? The answer is no.

Why does this site or any other need to do a fire Al thread? As I said, it's already been said ad nauseam hundreds if not thousands of times on various websites, so what would a very minor player (anyone who does stories here) do besides get the bunch the same people saying the same things daily riled up?

This site and pretty much the others have become a circle jerk of people saying the same thing in every imaginable way hundreds if not thousands of times. This site more so than any other has a bunch of people who aren't funny making every thread an attempt at humor rather than offering any insight or new thought.

So what does one of the writers (I'm being very generous with that term) here writing an opinion piece add to the massive pile of fan discontent? Absolutely nothing, so what's the point of your post? Talk about beating a dead horse. Even if they did a piece, they're late to the party as we're most of the posters about Al on any website.

Happy Holidays, but were you to impale yourself on a Christmas tree, the world might be a better place.

Thanks for that new insight about fans being powerless.

Now get in line for the multitude of hosannas you'll surely receive from the powerful, Vlad.

Right now we're seeing several balancing acts.

We have Goldie, with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, pretending to care.

We have the media now delicately kissing up to Butch without totally alienating the current corch.

We have Flake, trying to sell tickets while pretending to be an AD.

We have Donna, going through the motions, while dreaming of that pickup ride into the sunset, with Janet.

The most important balancing act will be this Saturday. The players will pretend to be playing hard for their corch, while trying to save U football by losing BIG. For that, they have my deepest respect and admiration.

By the way, CIS is here to provide a forum for our discontent. I don't care if their limp wristedness keeps them from taking sides. But I also wish they wouldn't delete/censor the best threads. For that, they are tools.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back