Should ACC championship be

Advertisement
Don't know why we couldn't play the ACC game in Atlanta on the Friday before the SEC game. PAC 12 already plays on a Friday. When Katrina hit I think they moved the sugar bowl to Atlanta so they had a 1 day turnaround between the peach and sugar bowl. It can be done.

Don't know why we couldn't play the ACC game in Atlanta on the Friday before the SEC game. PAC 12 already plays on a Friday. When Katrina hit I think they moved the sugar bowl to Atlanta so they had a 1 day turnaround between the peach and sugar bowl. It can be done.

so u want to play second fiddle to the SEC again all bc u dont like charlotte? id rather it stay on sat night (better for travel for fans) than play it on a friday night as an appetizer to the SEC title game. the pac 12 game draws terribly as is

I felt like Jax was the best spot for it. Nicer stadium, too.

Agreed, and with better participation from the U in the game, attendance would improve as well. Plus just from a weather perspective things would be much warmer in Jacksonville versus Charlotte. But good luck trying to pull the championship game out of their grasps when Tobacco Road lives right around the corner. That, and I think the game is locked there until 2030 if I’m not mistaken.

The attendance in Charlotte has been better than when they had it in Tampa and Orlando. A lot of tha has to do with the teams playing. Of course Clemson fans will show up on droves when they're playing in Charlotte. If Clemson doesn't win the Atlantic, I think you'd see a pretty significant attendance drop. It's really the weather that upsets me more than the location. Post season games should be played in warm climates or domes.

Advertisement
so u want to play second fiddle to the SEC again all bc u dont like charlotte? id rather it stay on sat night (better for travel for fans) than play it on a friday night as an appetizer to the SEC title game. the pac 12 game draws terribly as is
Charlotte is a terrible venue. I use to live in Charlotte. No reason why we are the only P5 conference that has to play in potentially inclimate weather during the championship game. Another reason is that the ACC game would potentially be in a better position with respect to TV. The only other game that maybe on would be the pac-12 championship game. I would think the ACC would get greater viewership if it were on a Friday and not have to compete with another championship game like the big ten. I also don't look at it as being an appetizer for the SEC game. The ACC speaks for itself or at least Clemson does at this point. Hopefully we are getting there. It's also not a great fan experience especially when you're sitting in the cold and rain. I would take a primetime Friday night slot in the Mercedes dome vs a Saturday night cold and wet game in a terrible stadium.

Charlotte is a terrible venue. I use to live in Charlotte. No reason why we are the only P5 conference that has to play in potentially inclimate weather during the championship game. Another reason is that the ACC game would potentially be in a better position with respect to TV. The only other game that maybe on would be the pac-12 championship game. I would think the ACC would get greater viewership if it were on a Friday and not have to compete with another championship game like the big ten. I also don't look at it as being an appetizer for the SEC game. The ACC speaks for itself or at least Clemson does at this point. Hopefully we are getting there. It's also not a great fan experience especially when you're sitting in the cold and rain. I would take a primetime Friday night slot in the Mercedes dome vs a Saturday night cold and wet game in a terrible stadium.

you put the title game in Atlanta where the SEC traditionally hosts the game, it will absolutely be the appetizer esp with the amount of SEC fans in the area

Advertisement
you put the title game in Atlanta where the SEC traditionally hosts the game, it will absolutely be the appetizer esp with the amount of SEC fans in the area
To who is my first question. Second, is there a reason we should care about the possible perception? Do you think it would affect recruiting or rankings if the game were on a Friday vs a Saturday? I don't.

To who is my first question. Second, is there a reason we should care about the possible perception? Do you think it would affect recruiting or rankings if the game were on a Friday vs a Saturday? I don't.

i just think for fans, its easier when its on a saturday night esp for those that travel to the game. i think it absolutely affects the attendance of a game.

i just think for fans, its easier when its on a saturday night esp for those that travel to the game. i think it absolutely affects the attendance of a game.
I will agree to that. However, it's not like attendance has been that great when Clemson is not in the game.

No.

It should be played in Orlando annually.
People want to take vacations to Disney bn Thanksgiving and Christmas - not Charlotte , not Tampa - not Jacksonville.

ORLANDO

Advertisement
No.

It should be played in Orlando annually.
People want to take vacations to Disney bn Thanksgiving and Christmas - not Charlotte , not Tampa - not Jacksonville.

ORLANDO

i agree with this. weather will be fine, enough hotels, and no NFL questions.

also, jax is a dump. no thanks on playing a title game there

Anyone that says the Hard Rock is a dump is mentally unstable, blind or flat out ignorant.

Too many people have told me Fedex Field is a dump. From the looks of it, they’re probably correct.

Where do you suggest it be help

No matter where you play it...one team will be closer than all the others.

IF the ACC wants a good presentation for TV the Florida sites are better than the others.

But if the ACC wants a destination that's truly unique why not Washington D.C.? Big stadium, great tourist spot even in the winter. Easy to get to. You're guaranteed to have a much better time in D.C. than in Charlotte

Where do you suggest if it's moved?

Advertisement
It’s “their” conference so it ain’t moving. The conference belongs to the teams in that area of the Carolinas..Has to be like 6 teams in the ACC in Carolina right?
In NC there is Wake, NC State, Duke, and UNC. In SC there is Clemson, in VA there is UVA and VA Tech so in that 3 state radius you have 7, add in Atlanta, GA only 3.5 hours straight down 85 from Charlotte and you have 8 within a short distance.

I drove down to the ACCCG from Detroit in 2017, and let me tell you that weather was ***. Would've rather had a blizzard or 70 and sunny, cold and rainy is the worst it can get.... and that's the risk you run of having the game in that area during that time of year

Advertisement
Back