Shotgun Buck Sweep

Dghustla

Junior
This was a great addition and welcomed site to our offense. Homer and the Oline excetued these plays well for big gain...maybe Richt will add some missdirection plays once teams start over playing it.

Advertisement
I ******* loved it.. felt like oregon offense finally made it to coral gables.. then we did the restraint play bubble screen to berrios in trips.. the way gt was aligned they were ripe for the fake bubble pump and go down field wheel route that Oregon used to get cheap tds on..

Homer has the speed to execute that play really well.. felt like our playbook was the jv version of a hurry up spread or one of the private schools that have middle school football.. we just need to go all in.. can only pick up soo much offense from a day visit from mark helfrich.. need to steal him on staff full time.. would be a HUGE coup

I ******* loved it.. felt like oregon offense finally made it to coral gables.. then we did the restraint play bubble screen to berrios in trips.. the way gt was aligned they were ripe for the fake bubble pump and go down field wheel route that Oregon used to get cheap tds on..

Homer has the speed to execute that play really well.. felt like our playbook was the jv version of a hurry up spread or one of the private schools that have middle school football.. we just need to go all in.. can only pick up soo much offense from a day visit from mark helfrich.. need to steal him on staff full time.. would be a HUGE coup

Does this work in combination with a TE pass option inside the ten yard line?

Asking for a friend who saw at least 14-21 points left on the table yesterday down in the Red Zone.

Wish they'd add jet sweep action to it so they could get some eyes off Homer. But CMR doesn't seem to believe in any kind of motion at all

Advertisement
Wish they'd add jet sweep action to it so they could get some eyes off Homer. But CMR doesn't seem to believe in any kind of motion at all

That's why I said we run kind of a middle school stripped down version.. even high school teams have the fake jet sweep to keep defenses honest.. helfrich probably showed them intro to Oregon spread ch.1 and said hey you got to pay cost to get rest.. lol

Alot of these coaches show you there stiff but still hold secrets but if u break down film good you can figure it out.. makes u wonder what the **** corch Thomas doin in offseason

Either way I love it, I take a basic Oregon play at um anyway of week.. slowly but surely I hope richt brings it in

Last edited:
Nice to see some new plays yesterday. That was a phenomenal job by the oline yesterday too

I got excited when they ran that play. When Donaldson comes back they need to run it 15 times a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I got excited when they ran that play. When Donaldson comes back they need to run it 15 times a game.

I’m wondering if he has the mobility to pull on that play.

Are you saying this because of the injury? Donaldson is known for being an athletic lineman and excellent at those type of plays

I’m wondering if he has the mobility to pull on that play.

He’s looked decent on a couple pulls. If I remember correctly I think he pulled on Walton’s first long TD of the year. He sets the edge well too.

Advertisement
Back