Short yard conversion woes

Advertisement
Would have love to see Thad get one of those carries. Brown had a fourth down carry and got stuffed. I’m a Knighton fan but he was gassed after 30+ carries

Credit to our young defenders, if not for a poorly timed Striker blitz on that swing pass they may have pitched a shutout in the second half

Never understood why they dont sub in Cody or Thad for the short yard runs. Knighton is like 190lbs and the O line isnt very good at blocking sooooooooo......

Advertisement
Would have love to see Thad get one of those carries. Brown had a fourth down carry and got stuffed. I’m a Knighton fan but he was gassed after 30+ carries

Credit to our young defenders, if not for a poorly timed Striker blitz on that swing pass they may have pitched a shutout in the second half
It doesn't matter if we have the Fridge. We are not getting a first down when 6 guys are blocking 9. We need to throw the ball more in those situations so the D will back off.

Advertisement
You have Arroyo and Mallory that are literally uncoverable in those little bootlegs for a couple of yards

If you know you’re going for it on 4th then why not just do that **** on 3rd?

And he’s gonna keep doing it until he gets that one yd he’s **** bent on getting up the middle…after about 60 tries since he’s been here we are probably-40-50 yds on these plays..

Its way too predictable. Shotgun snap. TVD hands off to the RB who then runs right up the middle. No disguising, no imagination. GT would stack the box on those short yardage plays.

What I'd like to see them to is have TVD go under center and mix up the run or pass it. If teams sell out the outside to stack the box, you've got one on one coverage outside somewhere.

But yea, that was the most annoying thing about todays game.

I don’t know why we can’t just run it up the middle on 4th and 1 with a 120lb back. Like why doesn’t that work? We try it over and over, I don’t get it.

Advertisement
this is where UM misses Don Chaney

I love the Rooster, but the way we use him at times is baffling, and we are over-using him at times with certain plays. But those inside run plays just aren't his forte

Advertisement
Maybe they can show the same look next weekend and hit it over the top?

I know, I know wishful thinking

This is where Manny needs to stop being the DC, and become the HC. You tell Lashlee those calls aren't in the playbook anymore and teach our 6'4" QB how to run a sneak from under center.

Advertisement
Back