Shockey Working w/ Kaaya, Njoku, Herndon, Dobard Today

Good god. Anybody remember when we had future NFL dudes playing their asses off on special teams, trying to convince the coaches to put them on the field?

Advertisement
We have a great stable pf TE's and it is great an all pro potential future HOF is passing down time and knowledge. What Jeezy say?.....Lets Get It!!!

I love that there's an atmosphere now at Miami where the Shockeys of teams past can feel comfortable enough to come teach our kids in the offseason. What a breath of fresh air.

Golden would have required a thirty minute screening process, and then denied the workout.

"So wait, Jeremy, what exactly are you going to tell these kids? Because I have this whole cheeseburger narrative running pretty tight right now, and if you go in there changing things, you're gonna confuse the kids. And then that's on you. I mean, that's on me. On me, then on you."

Remember AG was a TE too. His **** would probably try to pass along knowledge to Shockey, in his own wired "cool educational way"........"Yeah dude....like I use to do sitting chest butter flies on a machine....that is what really takes you over the top Shock...ya feel holmz....you know my third pillar states that we never to let the moment...I mean the brick land hard...you feeling what I sayz bro?

ShockedFrightenedIslandcanary.gif

He needs to share with them his secret of ALWAYS being wide open in the end zone throughout his entire college career. Loved that guy. Came here a complete hick from Bumfuk, Oklahoma that used to wear jeans to the beach and loved fishing and left here appearing on the cover of freakin' GQ.

Still remember Verne Lundquist's call when he caught the TD from Dorsey in 2000 to finally beat FSU. He was just a pup then, just getting started. I also vaguely remember him making his first pro catch in the Hall of Fame Game (pre-season) for the Giants. Absolutely ran over some DB along the sideline and his whole sideline went apeshyt. Good times.

I remember that play for the Giants, was ridiculous. Never seen it since.
edit: found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXeOHjV854

Epic. Great find!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saw Shockey in a snapchat video waving around a pitcher of beer at Tavern in the Grove last night. Partying like he's still an undergrad

Advertisement
Njoku is an animal being coached by Shockey was an animal as well can't wait for the season to start!!!

True/False - all four of the student athletes in this picture will be (at the very least) contributors in the NFL one day?
Very true, scouts are aware of Herndon just as much as Njoku and Dobard will probably make a squad just like Jake Stoneburner did. Brad is Brad

Herndon will be a very nice TE at the next level...but it's obvious Njoku will be a beast at the next level....

however quick question: I've been noticing a lot of Cane players wearing old Canes Nike gear. How could that be? I thought that was all given up once the Canes signed with Adidas.

True/False - all four of the student athletes in this picture will be (at the very least) contributors in the NFL one day?
Very true, scouts are aware of Herndon just as much as Njoku and Dobard will probably make a squad just like Jake Stoneburner did. Brad is Brad

Herndon will be a very nice TE at the next level...but it's obvious Njoku will be a beast at the next level....

however quick question: I've been noticing a lot of Cane players wearing old Canes Nike gear. How could that be? I thought that was all given up once the Canes signed with Adidas.
I think the rule is if it's bought by the player and not given they get to keep it

Advertisement

I think the rule is if it's bought by the player and not given they get to keep it

solid....

There is no such rule.

There doesn't have to be.

Human beings in the United States of America get to keep anything they buy. The school can demand adidas gear on any official photographs or communications because of contractual obligations. That's a different thing than kids unofficially working out and a non-university sanctioned pic being taken

He needs to share with them his secret of ALWAYS being wide open in the end zone throughout his entire college career. Loved that guy. Came here a complete hick from Bumfuk, Oklahoma that used to wear jeans to the beach and loved fishing and left here appearing on the cover of freakin' GQ.

Still remember Verne Lundquist's call when he caught the TD from Dorsey in 2000 to finally beat FSU. He was just a pup then, just getting started. I also vaguely remember him making his first pro catch in the Hall of Fame Game (pre-season) for the Giants. Absolutely ran over some DB along the sideline and his whole sideline went apeshyt. Good times.

I remember seeing that catch at the stadium but I was sitting in the west endzone and originally thought it was Ivan Mercer (who was the starter at the time).

Advertisement
Back