Sheriffs and Allison

jerzeycane

All-ACC
I saw video of the QBs going through footwork drills and I meant to make a mention of Sherrifs feet and athleticism. He's got the best feet of any QB and his athleticism might make him a prime candidate to take over for Brad if not for Jack.

Question for anyone who has seen both extensively through spring and fall camp, have either showed enough to plant the early flag for when Kaaya leaves? Is Sherrifs' ceiling considerably lower than Allison's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I saw video of the QBs going through footwork drills and I meant to make a mention of Sherrifs feet and athleticism. He's got the best feet of any QB and his athleticism might make him a prime candidate to take over for Brad if not for Jack.

Question for anyone who has seen both extensively through spring and fall camp, have either showed enough to plant the early flag for when Kaaya leaves? Is Sherrifs' ceiling considerably lower than Allison's?

Sherrifs will be an RSoph next year, yeah? If he can't take the spot then, it's because he doesn't have the goods or Allison exceeds expectations. I can't speak to how he compares to Kaaya though.

Based on talent and how much he's improved since spring, I think it's just a matter of time before Allison passes the other two.

Both Sherrifs and Allison are underrated athletes at that size.

Based on talent and how much he's improved since spring, I think it's just a matter of time before Allison passes the other two.

[emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417]

Wish we could do trades. Trade Sherrifs for a LB or DB help. Don't think he would have the value to acquire o line help

Advertisement
I read somewhere Shirreffs had gotten up to 210. That's a huge jump for a tall, skinny kid. If you watch his high school tape you'll see an athletic guy. Now, it's obvious he's added a lot of strength if he's up to 210, since the tape of him was at what, 180? What every coach has said about Shirreffs is that he does everything right. That's a future starter right there. You don't NEED the biggest gun to win a shootout. You need one that knows when and where to shoot, and the accuracy to get it done.

If he's 210 now, he could very well be 225 next year. Allison might have his work cut out for him getting ahead of him on the depth chart.

neither Sheriffs or Jack will start next season, because Kaaya will return for his senior year:kiwi-fruit:

Advertisement

Do you believe the coaches aren't considering red shirting Allison because Kaaya will probably leave to the NFL next year and 2 strong prospects are joining the team next year? I think Perry is going to be the truth.

Do you believe the coaches aren't considering red shirting Allison because Kaaya will probably leave to the NFL next year and 2 strong prospects are joining the team next year? I think Perry is going to be the truth.

Allison is gonna get a shirt.. This is what dominate programs do. They shirt great talent when they can. We are getting back to dominance faster than people think.

Allison is gonna get a shirt.. This is what dominate programs do. They shirt great talent when they can. We are getting back to dominance faster than people think.

Amen!!

Everything I have read indicates that he won't be shirted.

Advertisement

Everything I have read indicates that he won't be shirted.

Only way he doesn't redshirt is if he's the #2 guy, and I don't think that'll happen this year. #3 might not even play, so unless Allison makes the jump to #2 , he'll redshirt. I personally don't want him to play this year unless he has to.

Advertisement

Ultimately it's definitely cactus Jack's job but I think we there or not he succeeds Brad depends on if Brad stays all four years or if he leaves this year. I can see Sherrifs babysitting the job for a year if Brad leaves after this season.just to give cactus Jack a year to grow into his body & limit outside distractions.

Ultimately it's not definitely cactus Jack's job. Coaches don't know what's going to happened or whose gonna seize the job after Kayaa. Good to know you just pull sh*t out yo *** and say things you don't know it like it a fact.

Advertisement
Back