Shemar Stewart

Advertisement
Hate to say it but he was overrated from the jump because of he filled out faster than others. Now that other players have been able to catch up in physical development he doesn’t have an edge over others.

Limited upside, we saved ourselves by not landing him. Similar to the Cormani situation.
There's definitely some truth to your post but his size and speed makes him very attractive to team like us who has no DL depth.

Also, he's still young so he still has time to develop into the player he can be.

Another thing to think about is maybe a lack of proper coaching and development at Texas A&M. A&M has like 5 5-star along that Dline with only one of them truly reaching his potential. Maybe Joe, JT and Guidry can extract that potential out of him.

Last edited:
There's definitely some truth to your post but his size and speed makes him very attractive to team like us who has no DL depth.

Also, he's still young so he still has time to develop into the play he can be.

Another thing to think about is maybe a lack of proper coaching and development at Texas A&M. A&M has like 5 5-star along that Dline with only one of them truly reaching his potential. Maybe Joe, JT and Guidry can extract that potential out of him.
I’m not saying I wouldn’t take him. Just saying he probably won’t exceed the ROI we’d expect with his price tag.

From a scouting perspective, he isn’t someone I’m high on as it relates to moving on to the next level. Not someone I think will be an impressive NFL prospect. He’s a Day 3 guy in a perfect world.

Advertisement
He's 6'5.5 265lbs freakshow at DL. God doesn't make too many like him. He'll command good NIL offers if he hits the portal. Y'all gotta be realistic.
If your bringing in a stop gap whose going **** off the waynes and Kelly’s of the team they better be a proven player at this point

He can command that big money elsewhere that might be more desperate and bank still on him unlocking potential

Advertisement
Not his biggest fan but if we can take Thomas Gore and Jacob Lichtenstein. I'm sure Shemar would be given the red carpet.
Exactly, if anybody was at the UL game when we trotted out Thomas Gore looking like make a wish while UL dog walked us up and down the field, we need to be on the mature Dlineman in portal also.. Those freshman need time to mature before ya start calling them Bust game #1 against UF, lol..

We need immediate help along the line for sure but he was a non factor against us

He had one weird chase down play

He has been a non factor his first 2 years with A&M. Maybe a new scenery and system helps him out but were basing this off of HS hype/size cause he has been bleh on the field.

Advertisement
If your bringing in a stop gap whose going **** off the waynes and Kelly’s of the team they better be a proven player at this point

He can command that big money elsewhere that might be more desperate and bank still on him unlocking potential
Fair but I'll ask you this one question, what has Nyjalik shown you that makes you comfortable with him? Another question I could ask is do you trust Mesidor to stay healthy? One more, why not add him since he could add depth to a position of need as a DT?

Think about those then get back to me. Free agents get Overpaid. That's the name of the game.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t take him. Just saying he probably won’t exceed the ROI we’d expect with his price tag.

From a scouting perspective, he isn’t someone I’m high on as it relates to moving on to the next level. Not someone I think will be an impressive NFL prospect. He’s a Day 3 guy in a perfect world.
Fair

Advertisement
Fair but I'll ask you this one question, what has Nyjalik shown you that makes you comfortable with him? Another question I could ask is do you trust Mesidor to stay healthy? One more, why not add him since he could add depth to a position of need as a DT?

Think about those then get back to me. Free agents get Overpaid. That's the name of the game.
Kelly had 4 sacks as a freshmen… still more than Shemar whose got 3 playing both full seasons to Kelly’s 1…

No I don’t trust messidor being healthy but for “top” money to be handed out I want guaranteed production like a verse… if I’m buying potential I’d rather just keep it for HS kids like stone or Stewart bags for the flip

Advertisement
Back