Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Jess is by far the best DL coach Miami has had in a long time. In terms of teaching technique. You brought him here to develop guys. He was here for one year…. I think to say anything about his recruiting is a bit premature imo. Everyone talks about Holley but no one wants to talk about him landing JHH, Blissett or Harvey.

Trob has landed guys like Jordan Burch for South Carolina in the past. He’s done it before and he’ll do it again. You should put him on your top defensive guys no matter what position he is.
The issue is how many top shelf guys he missed on
He’s marginally better than rumph
Who got 4 stars but they were clearly second tier and not top shelf

The issue is how many top shelf guys he missed on
He’s marginally better than rumph
Who got 4 stars but they were clearly second tier and not top shelf
Top shelf?? Who’s top shelf? Bogle? Summerall? Braylen Ingraham? And those 3 were being recruited by the whole staff/defensive staff.

He locked up Kevin Harris on his OV too until Saban brought a brinks truck after Harris told him he committed to Miami. Adisa Isaac? Who we were super late on.

Advertisement
There is justification. A few reasons actually, and no one is gonna like it because maybe Manny is looking out for this guy and maybe I'm reaching.

1) Doesn't want an 18 year old going up against a 22 year old Sr;
2) Doesn't want him to potentially getting hurt in Game 1, that in the end doesn't matter that much;
3) Wants to showcase him in other P5 games vs lower level teams to build up his confidence and try hard to get him drafted high starting from his TF year.

And now?

Advertisement
Visiting UGA this coming weekend. The new On3 recruiting site is reporting that UGA is trending at the top for him...

Visiting UGA this coming weekend. The new On3 recruiting site is reporting that UGA is trending at the top for him...
The puppies are the hottest team in the country right now unfortunately. And we’re fighting them for a lot of guys. Not to mention possible staff turnover. If we lose trob and dvd it could spell trouble

Everyone is trending to UGA. With all their 5 stars they will soon beat the Jack Jags and with that F Ugay.

Advertisement
Simpson vs UGA I'll take UGA at this point
I wonder why Simpson appears to struggle in recruiting. Dude was the MAN of HS football in UGA, he can still prob walk into a lot of homes and be highly respected, then coached in the NFL for a little so he has (1) a ton of experience in dealing with, and being around HS kids, knowing what motivates them and what does not, how to connect to diff personality types etc.; and (2) has NFL coaching experience he can sell when kids ask about development. It also does not look like an effort issue as with Kul who just did not like the recruiting aspect of it. With those two things in his favor the word about him struggling to recruit confuses me.

Advertisement
I wonder why Simpson appears to struggle in recruiting. Dude was the MAN of HS football in UGA, he can still prob walk into a lot of homes and be highly respected, then coached in the NFL for a little so he has (1) a ton of experience in dealing with, and being around HS kids, knowing what motivates them and what does not, how to connect to diff personality types etc.; and (2) has NFL coaching experience he can sell when kids ask about development. It also does not look like an effort issue as with Kul who just did not like the recruiting aspect of it. With those two things in his favor the word about him struggling to recruit confuses me.
Let me make this simple. He is trying to get guys to play for a Manny Diaz coached team.......................

Let me make this simple. He is trying to get guys to play for a Manny Diaz coached team.......................
That is kinda new obstacle though. Agree that now it is a huge determent, but Manny's team did put 3 DE in the draft last year, 2 in the first round and the scheme tends to make players "look" better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back