Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No insider information, but I really hope we have contingencies in place for Kelly and Stewart.
I'm not sure we do.What other DEs are we even recruiting?I'm guessing it's either these 2 studs or they hit the portal hard and bring in immediate help.

I'm not sure we do.What other DEs are we even recruiting?I'm guessing it's either these 2 studs or they hit the portal hard and bring in immediate help.
I think in any scenario we will be looking at portal.

Both sides arent right. Only one side is.

-The **** coach that coached the 1st rounder is ON STAFF STILL! (Stroud)
-They are going 1st round and being drafted BECAUSE of Manny Diaz scheme...
-Simpson has had productive dlineman and those drafted IN THE SAME SCHEME.
-Simp[son was an ACTUAL NFL COACH....recently. He essentially doesnt even have to toot on putting them in first round....he can just toot his own horn in that regard of being an actual nfl dl coach and knowing what needs to be done

I mean for gods sake ...Urban Meyer is somewhere still calling someone the next Percy Harvin...and ****** Kirby Smart used Sean Taylor as a recruiting pitch when he DIDNT even know or coach Sean Taylor.

The only fan base that would even post this type of garbage is ours...because we are filled with mopes...who dont like the hc or something...and just want to take an i told you so or opposition to things ...so they wont be labeled as "sheep" supposedly.
3 de's drafted in 1 draft but...naw "we cant actually use that because it would be disingenuous"...What in the Mike Rumph recruiting pitch is going on in this thread?.
The next Percy Harvin had me dying.

Advertisement
Stewart is the definition of elite. At 6'5" 240 he has the length the explosion the athleticism and motor that you want in a DE. He is a local 5 star national recruit with schools like Alabama, Georgia and Clemson heavily involved in his recruitment and that type of player has not been very receptive to the U in the recent past. There are however, a couple of factors in our favor. Things began to change for Miami during the last recruiting cycle however as local 5 stars DT Leonard Taylor and S James Williams shocked the recruiting world by choosing UM. Keep in mind that these 2 kids could have chosen any school in the nation as everyone and I mean everyone was after them. There would appear to be a change in attitude and perception about staying home to play for the U among the local high schools in the tri county area. There is an unmistakable upswell of hometown pride and that is paying dividends for UM the hometown school.

In addition to this Manny Diaz has upgraded the UM coaching staff significantly over the past 2 off-seasons. After completely revamping the staff and philosophy on offense to a modern spread type offense with Rhett Lashlee as offensive coordinator, Diaz turned his attention to the defense taking advantage of several assistant coaches leaving to other programs including former DC Blake Baker. Diaz took full advantage by hiring South Carolina DC Travaris Robinson who is widely considered to be one of the best and brightest DB coaches in the game as well as being an elite recruiter to coach Defensive Backs at Miami. He followed that by hiring Atlanta Falcons DL coach Jess Simpson to coach the DL and veteran DC Bob Shoop to an analyst position. Diaz also added Damascus Van Dyke to coach CBs under Coach Robinson's tutelage, Travis Williams from Auburn to coach LBs(who has since left to be DC at UCF) and former Texas A&M defensive analyst and recruiting ace Ishmael Aristide to fill out the newly revamped defensive staff. The Ultimate point here being that high school recruits notice those things and they noticed immediately. The perception is that Miami is taking their football program seriously together with the realization that maybe they don't have to leave home to accomplish the things they want to accomplish in college. To further reinforce that perception and really drive the point home is the fact that in just a few short weeks UM will have not 1 but 2 Defensive Ends taken in the 1st round of the NFL draft in Gregory Rousseau and Jaelen Phillips.

The moral of this story is don't count Miami out for elite DEs like Shemar Stewart and Kenyatta Jackson. Miami is not out of it for either. Not by a long shot!
win 10+ games , guys like Stewart start looking and saying maybe they can make the play offs..... biggest selling point UGA,Bama Clemson had against us is our own mediocrity ! we have been on ACC welfare for 15 years
win and you can get the Stewarts, Bissanthes, N.Kelly, ..... 5-3 in Coastal will not get you anything but leftovers

-Simp[son was an ACTUAL NFL COACH....recently. He essentially doesnt even have to toot on putting them in first round....he can just toot his own horn in that regard of being an actual nfl dl coach and knowing what needs to be done

I mean for gods sake ...Urban Meyer is somewhere still calling someone the next Percy Harvin...and ****** Kirby Smart used Sean Taylor as a recruiting pitch when he DIDNT even know or coach Sean Taylor.

The only fan base that would even post this type of garbage is ours...because we are filled with mopes...who dont like the hc or something...and just want to take an i told you so or opposition to things ...so they wont be labeled as "sheep" supposedly.
3 de's drafted in 1 draft but...naw "we cant actually use that because it would be disingenuous"...What in the Mike Rumph recruiting pitch is going on in this thread?.
The mopes and lurkers form the sec do not approve of this fact filled post.

Advertisement
Its crazy the narratives people use. The amount of success this program has had at DE the last 7 years ties with Manny, Stroud and Simpson all of which are on the staff and all of which can say they had a hand in this program going from a pass rushing mess to oe of the gold standards of CFB after having 2 ends taken in the first round. Oh and if Greg doesn't have 2 seasons basically taken away added onto teams hesitating on Phillips past they'd both arguably be top 10 picks so yeah any DE looking here should see a huge future

Realest **** you ever wrote

Advertisement

lol fam you missed the second sentence. Cway was operating in a vacuum, which we all know is not the case in reality. Everything you said is completely and 100% right, real talk.

Simpson would be dumb to NOT use ALL those recruiting pitches, **** even throw in the lineage of Cortez, Jerome, Sapp, Vince, Calais etc. etc., no one on staff can associate themselves with those players but again that is in general and the UM brand so **** right we gonna use it. The simple intent of the post as I took it, albeit maybe worded incorrectly and I will retract if it is incorrect was Simpson needs to build his collegiate resume.

Dude did wonders at Buford, he can likely walk into any HS in that GA area and his name is gonna hold weight, legit HS legend. But in 2018 we gave him his first college role. His recruiting is still suspect, 247 gives him credit for Harvey (big $ year for him TBD) Blisset (retired); Cam Williams (gone); JHH (looking like a stud but was a low 3* not even in the top 500) and Holley (gone). That is why when I put he cant use "I" in quotes. He can say "we" no problem though and likely will (and should).

Put it this way, Trob just put Horn into the first round, BOTH USCe and Trob are going to use Horn to pitch to recruits. From a recruits perspective, do you think Torrian Gray (new USCe DB coach) telling them he could turn them into Horn and the system and lineage is going to be more persuasive than TRob saying I worked with the kid every day and developed him into what he is? If I am a recruit, the latter sounds better to me.

For the record I like simpson, I am glad he came back. I also like Manny and want him to succeed.

Advertisement
This is why Shemar isn't going anywhere:

1. Miami's defensive scheme puts all levels of players (DLs, LBs, and DBs) in the NFL. Manny's scheme is aggressive and NFL scouts like the "eye-popping plays" plays like sacks, TFLs, FFs, FFRs, INTs).

2. He will have a chance to start as a true freshman in the second best conference in college football (sorry, SEC is the best competitive conference)

3. Miami plays every week on tv either ESPN/ABC vs Clemson, FSU, VaTech, NC, or ACC Network.

4. We going 15-0 and he will start at DE for the reigning national champs, baby.

5. He's a leader and alpha male. He's not a Lebron or KD type. He's Dame Time. Giannis. He's ours.

lol fam you missed the second sentence. Cway was operating in a vacuum, which we all know is not the case in reality. Everything you said is completely and 100% right, real talk.

Simpson would be dumb to NOT use ALL those recruiting pitches, **** even throw in the lineage of Cortez, Jerome, Sapp, Vince, Calais etc. etc., no one on staff can associate themselves with those players but again that is in general and the UM brand so **** right we gonna use it. The simple intent of the post as I took it, albeit maybe worded incorrectly and I will retract if it is incorrect was Simpson needs to build his collegiate resume.

Dude did wonders at Buford, he can likely walk into any HS in that GA area and his name is gonna hold weight, legit HS legend. But in 2018 we gave him his first college role. His recruiting is still suspect, 247 gives him credit for Harvey (big $ year for him TBD) Blisset (retired); Cam Williams (gone); JHH (looking like a stud but was a low 3* not even in the top 500) and Holley (gone). That is why when I put he cant use "I" in quotes. He can say "we" no problem though and likely will (and should).

Put it this way, Trob just put Horn into the first round, BOTH USCe and Trob are going to use Horn to pitch to recruits. From a recruits perspective, do you think Torrian Gray (new USCe DB coach) telling them he could turn them into Horn and the system and lineage is going to be more persuasive than TRob saying I worked with the kid every day and developed him into what he is? If I am a recruit, the latter sounds better to me.

For the record I like simpson, I am glad he came back. I also like Manny and want him to succeed.
This is pathetic you have to pledge your allegiance because the mob think you had a different opinion. lol couldn't be me.

This is pathetic you have to pledge your allegiance because the mob think you had a different opinion. lol couldn't be me.
lol I am somewhat confused if I am pledging my allegiance to UM, that should be a given, we all do (or should do) that. I was more so saying I like Simpson and Manny, I am not one to rag on coaches for no reason so I am not saying this just to hate on a guy. If your point was Simpson needs better recruiting tools at his disposal, I agree and highlighted my reasons why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back