Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I hadn’t heard that but may explain why they’ve fallen off of his list of faves.

Yeah it was in this thread:

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...an-for-recruitment.169757/page-4#post-5252818

To me that just screams we were once a favorite and now we feel like we have no chance so we need to soften the blow. Like if he asked for a million bucks and LSU said no, I can see that, but zero percent chance the kid or his camp said I can see myself in LSU but y'all need to sweeten the deal and they said no. This is the same school stealing from a children's hospital charity to pay recruits lol

I’m not surprised. He’s a top 10 prospect on the d line. The big boys won’t just roll over and die on him. We did a good job getting pole position this summer. Just need to win and stay on him. The pitch should be easy. After Phillip’s success there’s not really anything those programs can say.

there’s not anything a program like Bama could say if they start pushing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Both sides on this are right....

You are making a point in a vacuum while the others are making a recruiting general point, both can be true.

To your point, Simpson cannot say "I" coached, developed and put two players in the first round last year because he didn't and to try to do so would come off as disingenuous. I am unsure what other kids he maybe coached and developed but you are also right someone like Trob and Likens will take former accomplishments with them. Trob isnt saying the system at USCe is what attributed to Horn going first round, **** nah I developed him. Or look at someone like Coach Kul who touted all these underrated guys he developed. Now it is the flipside of that and that is school's always touting alumni.

Bama loses its assistants each and every year, the new guys stepping in 100% sell the "system" and "lineage." Even Simpson with Gwillis put him in a position to be drafted, he had tons of great tape on the field and filled the stat sheets, it was the off field stuff that did him in. It also helps that both phillips and GR15 seem committed to giving back to the school and can help mentor those kids regardless if it is Stroud or Simpson.
Both sides arent right. Only one side is.

-The **** coach that coached the 1st rounder is ON STAFF STILL! (Stroud)
-They are going 1st round and being drafted BECAUSE of Manny Diaz scheme...
-Simpson has had productive dlineman and those drafted IN THE SAME SCHEME.
-Simp[son was an ACTUAL NFL COACH....recently. He essentially doesnt even have to toot on putting them in first round....he can just toot his own horn in that regard of being an actual nfl dl coach and knowing what needs to be done

I mean for gods sake ...Urban Meyer is somewhere still calling someone the next Percy Harvin...and ****** Kirby Smart used Sean Taylor as a recruiting pitch when he DIDNT even know or coach Sean Taylor.

The only fan base that would even post this type of garbage is ours...because we are filled with mopes...who dont like the hc or something...and just want to take an i told you so or opposition to things ...so they wont be labeled as "sheep" supposedly.
3 de's drafted in 1 draft but...naw "we cant actually use that because it would be disingenuous"...What in the Mike Rumph recruiting pitch is going on in this thread?.

Advertisement

I mean for gods sake ...Urban Meyer is somewhere still calling someone the next Percy Harvin...and ****** Kirby Smart used Sean Taylor as a recruiting pitch when he DIDNT even know or coach Sean Taylor.

The only fan base that would even post this type of garbage is ours...because we are filled with mopes...who dont like the hc or something...and just want to take an i told you so or opposition to things ...so they wont be labeled as "sheep" supposedly.
3 de's drafted in 1 draft but...naw "we cant actually use that because it would be disingenuous"...What in the Mike Rumph recruiting pitch is going on in this thread?.
The Office Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Only problem with having 2 first round DE is the coach for them is no longer recruiting. Simpson is no slouch but oddly enough I certainly don't see it as an upgrade.

My point is that Simpson cant use prior success as part of his recruiting. Phillips/Rousseau became 1st rounders under Stroud not Simpson. Stroud can still have contact but by all accounts I've read he was a very good recruiter. Using Willis to a high school kid is lackluster, he was and undrafted FA who is out of the league.

Dominating from a Canes fan perspective vs a high school prospect is likely a little different. I'm not arguing that Simpson sucks just that he cant use recent success as part of his narrative. He very well has a solid resume and I hope that may be attractive to recruits but Phillips and Rosseau aren't apart of that.

Not sure how this applies you are speaking on tradition I'm speaking on coaching.

I think Simpson can't use he's put DE in 1st rd along with the 2018 season as a barometer. That is very different than he can't use Miami. Before Stroud who was our last highly drafted Defensive Lineman? If you don't know the difference between Miami has put XX in the league and I have put XX in the league I don’t know what to tell you.

Do you think T-Rob is using the players he personally has coached that have been drafted as a part of his sales pitch?
This guy obviously hates Miami the 15-0 guys are right.

-Simp[son was an ACTUAL NFL COACH....recently. He essentially doesnt even have to toot on putting them in first round....he can just toot his own horn in that regard of being an actual nfl dl coach and knowing what needs to be done

Im a dead *** mope hated the hire but Manny is pulling me in cause he is correcting issues I didnt like. So he is earning my respect slowly and I cant get mad at good moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back