Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it’s pretty amazing what’s happened there. You even have a bunch of engineering firms that moved into new buildings in SW.
The navy yard area in the past 10-12 years is night and day what it once was. The wharf real estate is insane. Much less “bad” neighborhoods are in dc. I keep telling people, dc has transformed into an incredible city - so many cool parts to it. When I was going to college in dc in the 90s, there were only a couple areas where you could really feel completely safe while being out and about on a Friday night. Now? The entire city is great.

Advertisement
The navy yard area in the past 10-12 years is night and day what it once was. The wharf real estate is insane. Much less “bad” neighborhoods are in dc. I keep telling people, dc has transformed into an incredible city - so many cool parts to it. When I was going to college in dc in the 90s, there were only a couple areas where you could really feel completely safe while being out and about on a Friday night. Now? The entire city is great.
Yeah, I was at the same school as you in the mid to late 80’s and 14th Street was a war zone. Even in the 90’s. When I moved back to the area in the early 2000’s, 14th Street had already changed and the U Street corridor was picking up All of these areas that were no-go zones were transforming.

Yeah, I was at the same school as you in the mid to late 80’s and 14th Street was a war zone. Even in the 90’s. When I moved back to the area in the early 2000’s, 14th Street had already changed and the U Street corridor was picking up All of these areas that were no-go zones were transforming.

Lived in Navy Yard the past two years and even then it’s grown a ton.

I need to check it out. Anything happening in Anacostia?
Yes, but slower and less concentrated. St. Elizabeth’s has been re-developed and a mini arena was built; it is now the home of the Mystics, Go-Go (G-League team) and the Wizards’ practice facility. Good Hope Road (by the big chair) has seen a bunch of new stores and restaurants. Residentially, Minnesota Ave/Deanwood/R street close to Anacostia Park are starting to become competitive markets.

Advertisement
Then Galleryplace/Chinatown. H street and NoMA/Rhode Island Ave in NE, and into Hill East /Lincoln Park. Crazy growth.

Yes, but slower and less concentrated. St. Elizabeth’s has been re-developed and a mini arena was built; it is now the home of the Mystics, Go-Go (G-League team) and the Wizards’ practice facility. Good Hope Road (by the big chair) has seen a bunch of new stores and restaurants. Residentially, Minnesota Ave/Deanwood/R street close to Anacostia Park are starting to become competitive markets.
Wow. My guess is Doug Jemal is on there. He was always the trendsetting first guy in to an area.

Then Galleryplace/Chinatown. H street and NoMA/Rhode Island Ave in NE, and into Hill East /Lincoln Park. Crazy growth.
Galleryplace I’ve been to recently. Those Island Ave in NE used to be death.

The highway was extended and new bridges built: 11th street bridge connects 395 to 295, South Capital street bridge is being re-done, and private funds are being raised to build a bridge park - literally an elevate pedestrian park - over the Anacostia. I’ve been in DC since 04 and it’s unrecognizable. That said, a 13 year old was arrested this week for an armed car-jacking.

Advertisement
Ivins spoke to Shemar by phone today after his TAMU visit:

"It was great," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone on Sunday. "I like the coaches. I like the campus. It was just a real good environment."

Stewart toured a number of schools back in June. He has admitted behind the scenes that some trips were better than others. So where does Texas A&M stack up with Ohio State, Georgia and Miami?

"They are definitely high on my list now," Stewart said before adding that the Aggies will receive one of his four remaining official visits. "I think it will be for the Alabama game."

Stewart spent much of the weekend hanging out with Texas A&M staffer Bryant Gross-Armiento, who also calls South Florida home. He got plenty of time around Jimbo Fisher, as well.

"[Coach Fisher] is a real cool guy. He kept it real with me. They were just saying that I can come in and be part of something special," Stewart explained.

While Stewart liked what he heard from Fisher and the rest of the Aggies' assistant coaches, he made it seem like he was impressed with College Station as a city.

"I thought it could be a wasteland, but it was actually really nice," Stewart said.

Added Monsignor Pace assistant coach Moe Marquez, who traveled with Stewart: "It's way different from what you would think. It's spacious, but at the same time it has everything that you need right there. That coaching staff, whatever you need they have, you know? It's veteran dudes and young dudes ... We're going to be back for the 'Bama game."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ivins spoke to Shemar by phone today after his TAMU visit:

"It was great," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone on Sunday. "I like the coaches. I like the campus. It was just a real good environment."

Stewart toured a number of schools back in June. He has admitted behind the scenes that some trips were better than others. So where does Texas A&M stack up with Ohio State, Georgia and Miami?

"They are definitely high on my list now," Stewart said before adding that the Aggies will receive one of his four remaining official visits. "I think it will be for the Alabama game."

Stewart spent much of the weekend hanging out with Texas A&M staffer Bryant Gross-Armiento, who also calls South Florida home. He got plenty of time around Jimbo Fisher, as well.

"[Coach Fisher] is a real cool guy. He kept it real with me. They were just saying that I can come in and be part of something special," Stewart explained.

While Stewart liked what he heard from Fisher and the rest of the Aggies' assistant coaches, he made it seem like he was impressed with College Station as a city.

"I thought it could be a wasteland, but it was actually really nice," Stewart said.

Added Monsignor Pace assistant coach Moe Marquez, who traveled with Stewart: "It's way different from what you would think. It's spacious, but at the same time it has everything that you need right there. That coaching staff, whatever you need they have, you know? It's veteran dudes and young dudes ... We're going to be back for the 'Bama game."
Yawn

Asst HS coach is traveling with him and going on his OVs?

ruh roh

seen this movie before

EXACTLY.

I wouldnt be penciling Shemar in at all for us. Wes already revealed his hand with the whole FSU upside down U mess, i'd be shocked to see him come here. Shemar is another one to monitor very very closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back