Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really believe that story? You're All In on Miami until that one moment? Even if it's true, it shows that Rumph was a terrible recruiter because he misread the kid.

So many misses at CB, smh. When one kid flies off, yes, I side with the coach. When it happens again and again and again, I think we know where the real problem was. Rumph was a decent developer. Maybe he would make a good CB coach in the league. But he was a serious liability at Miami.
That’s true. He threw a hissy fit, they reminded him he was a cane, and he said not for long 🤣 he was out

Advertisement
Brandon Powell?

Yes, that's him. What a crazy story that was. ... I still don't believe the Henderson story because it sounds too much like a convenient excuse. I'm not contesting he threw a hissy fit. I'm saying the more logical reason was he had every intention of not honoring his promise to the staff, and this was a great way to make the break.

Our staff is sooooooo much better than it was even a year ago. The only guy I consider a JAG on staff is Patke, and I assume he'll play the same role DVD is playing with TRon with Manny, who must realize he needs to focus his efforts on LBs now that he's DC. All the other staff members are top flight. Simpson, especially, is the type of guy that will get the most out of his DL. Stewart will be in good hands there, on and off the field.

Yes, that's him. What a crazy story that was. ... I still don't believe the Henderson story because it sounds too much like a convenient excuse. I'm not contesting he threw a hissy fit. I'm saying the more logical reason was he had every intention of not honoring his promise to the staff, and this was a great way to make the break.

Our staff is sooooooo much better than it was even a year ago. The only guy I consider a JAG on staff is Patke, and I assume he'll play the same role DVD is playing with TRon with Manny, who must realize he needs to focus his efforts on LBs now that he's DC. All the other staff members are top flight. Simpson, especially, is the type of guy that will get the most out of his DL. Stewart will be in good hands there, on and off the field.

As for CJH, I remember it clearly back when it happened. I think you have a point, though - maybe he was lukewarm with us and was looking for an excuse. I think both could have happened here, honestly.

that’s my guess is that he’ll even outgrow the SDE spot. Iirc, he’s already 265 so we’ll have to see how his body projects.
I haven't been following close enough to know that he's 265 already. If true then yes you are right. 3 Tech all the way. He will never play DE here.

Advertisement
Beat that you little troutsniffer
Macaulay Culkin Drums GIF by filmeditor

Bro how did you get a 220v hookup in your dorm room.

UM has a College of Engineering.

I could also tell you about the time that a candidate for Student Government President decided to put a huge inflatable balloon up in the middle of campus, and how another candidate's fraternity brothers caused it to short-circuit and deflate overnight. I believe the statute of limitations has run on that one.

Advertisement
I never heard it before and never heard it since. When we made fun of the RA for the terminology, his response was something like well that seemed more logical than you had a full hot tub in there, which I guess I agree with.

No 220 hookup, we definitely did not have it code compliant, essentially separated the water pump from the rest of the control panel (heating element, lights etc) and ran two 120 lines (cut and spliced extension cords) to two different outlets that we figured out were on different breakers after we knocked out power a few times.

Filled the tub from the shower, unscrewed the shower head got a double threaded fitting so you can ***** a hose onto the shower spout if that makes sense, turned on the shower and ran it straight to the tub.

to empty, the tub had a valve at the bottom, we hooked up a hose and just ran it out the window so it flowed down the side of the building. Got it out same way we got it in, took door off the hinges, put it on its side and pushed it down the hallway. Also i distinctly remember a weird elevator, there were like 3 but one of them had two doors at the front and back. i think the second floor you would like walk out of the back of the elevator and we could only use that one because that second door gave us like an extra foot of clearance.

I can 100% vouch for this (except for the electrical part, I transferred out of Electrical Engineering into the School of Business). I knew a couple of people that set up waterbeds in their dorm rooms in Eaton (a HELLUVA lot easier to do than a full hot tub). The showers in Mahoney-Pearson-Eaton were powerful enough to fill up a waterbed/hot tub/kiddie pool, and it was certainly easy to drain those things out of the enormous windows in those dorms. I knew people who had illegal snakes, alligators, fish tanks, etc. Most of the time, the RAs didn't catch them for the entire year, and a few of the alligators got "released" at the end of the school year into Lake Osceola.

As for the elevators, there was an elevator that had front & back doors in both Mahoney and Pearson. I know that they were used in the basement, which is where the Housing Office stored a bunch of extra furniture (and where the magical "spare mattresses" were kept for whenever someone in President's 100 would host a prospective student on an overnight stay). I also believe that those particular elevators were used for the "first floor" dorm rooms, as both Mahoney and Pearson had a weird elevated "first floor wing" that was not level with the ground floor. You had to walk up 6 or 8 steps to get into the hallway, and there was a special elevator stop for loading/unloading things for that hallway. I lived in Mahoney-1 for a semester before I found out that the 7th Floor had higher ceilings (more loft space, more illegal things in the rooms, etc.), so I moved up to Pearson-7.

Advertisement
This reminded me of another similar story... Who was that running back that showed up to campus for early admissions, was told he wasn't yet admitted academically, and promptly flipped to UF? Can't remember if he ever amounted to anything. Probably not since I can't remember, lol.
The kid from Deerfield beach. Think he actually made it to the league.
Edit: just saw someone said it was Brandon Powell.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back