Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehhh wouldn't be so sure about that boss. I personally know some 4* kids that got paid, also how do you explain this:

LSU paid 180k to not even a top 150 recruit Vadal Alexander's father.
Ok fair enough there are a few. That said, they are few and far between is all im saying. And every time we lose a kid to an SEC school, it isnt because they got paid. Thats all Im saying. This whole generation grew up on SEC football being on primetime TV. So I cant blame them for having a top 5 and 3-4 of the schools are from SEC country. (like SStewart) We are changing the narrative though..and FAST!

Advertisement
Ok fair enough there are a few. That said, they are few and far between is all im saying. And every time we lose a kid to an SEC school, it isnt because they got paid. Thats all Im saying. This whole generation grew up on SEC football being on primetime TV. So I cant blame them for having a top 5 and 3-4 of the schools are from SEC country. (like SStewart) We are changing the narrative though..and FAST!

Oh you sweet, naive child. I remember what it was like being young and thinking I understood how the world worked. It is not few and far between, it is rampant. You are mixing up two things- you are correct that when we lose a kid to a SEC school, it's not only because they got paid. However, you are wrong in believing it is "few and far between." Many top recruits get "incentives."

In subsequent interviews, the author (senior writer for SB nation) estimated that nearly 100% of 5 star recruits and 80% of 4 star recruits receive some kind of "additional incentive." (jobs for parents, the old "junk car is in the shop so you get a Challenger loaner" trick, etc)

Advertisement
FWIW - UGA just lost a guy they felt very good about to USC. Mykel Williams. 5 star DL. It seems like that will now redirect their efforts more than ever to Shemar Stewart. Stewart on campus there with Pace teammates today.
Why wouldn't they just up the bag for the kid they thought they led for lol I doubt their staff would just quit because the kid gave USC a verbal. They probably still have a better shot that him than Stewart.

Why wouldn't they just up the bag for the kid they thought they led for lol I doubt their staff would just quit because the kid gave USC a verbal. They probably still have a better shot that him than Stewart.
they don't think the committment will stick. Maybe they'll increase their "effort". They have 3 threads going on about it. I guess there was some kind of feedback that USC has a pretty impressive presentation on NIL and that's a big reason the kid committed there. (in addition to having his brother there) And the other kid on the visit with williams got cbs to USC today too. Another 4 star kid UGA was recruiting but they are less concerned about him.

The "bag excuse" or "bag game" with Cane fans started with Patrick Johnson (Peterson) back in 2008 and it just got WAY out of hand since. (Yes, bags were around way before him but he is absolutely the beginning of when we started hearing about kids getting paid by the SEC from down here by inside handlers and sources..)

Do some players get paid? Absolutely. But ive seen fans on here saying that 4* guys were getting bags and thats laughable at best! You would think its SMU from the 80s all over again with their full accounting ledger of guys on the team getting paid if you let some of our fans tell it. Smh. lol
**** sure didnt start with PJP....sh*t he wasnt even the first LSU recruit alone that was spoke on the boards about it...Dwayne Bowe's recruitment was b4 his...

Majoity of the sec schools are paying those are the facts...1 way or the other. When bottom feeders like Ole Miss and Miss State drop heavy bags what the **** do you think is going on elsewhere?.

Advertisement
**** sure didnt start with PJP....sh*t he wasnt even the first LSU recruit alone that was spoke on the boards about it...Dwayne Bowe's recruitment was b4 his...

Majoity of the sec schools are paying those are the facts...1 way or the other. When bottom feeders like Ole Miss and Miss State drop heavy bags what the **** do you think is going on elsewhere?.

Dee Morely likes this

Oh you sweet, naive child. I remember what it was like being young and thinking I understood how the world worked. It is not few and far between, it is rampant. You are mixing up two things- you are correct that when we lose a kid to a SEC school, it's not only because they got paid. However, you are wrong in believing it is "few and far between." Many top recruits get "incentives."

In subsequent interviews, the author (senior writer for SB nation) estimated that nearly 100% of 5 star recruits and 80% of 4 star recruits receive some kind of "additional incentive." (jobs for parents, the old "junk car is in the shop so you get a Challenger loaner" trick, etc)
It's called Enhanced Recruiting.

DBowe was assumed. People didn’t know. It was out in the open with PJP. It wasn’t a secret anymore. SEC wanted everyone to know they were paying top recruits especially from south Florida. But I digress.

Advertisement

I’m 70 but okay. Lol. I got grandkids your age probably bro.. no child..And anybody can write an article. Plus you know what they say about statistics. But not going to get into the bag argument and derail the thread. For the record, I said that some recruits absolutely get paid. If you want to believe that number is 100% then by all means.

I’m 70 but okay. Lol. I got grandkids your age probably bro.. no child..And anybody can write an article. Plus you know what they say about statistics. But not going to get into the bag argument and derail the thread. For the record, I said that some recruits absolutely get paid. If you want to believe that number is 100% then by all means.
God Bless bruh I hope i make it to 70 man

With 5 stars? Yes. I think that's a fair number. The smart ones take the money from the SEC bag schools, wait for the check to clear, then sign with Miami. Who are the SEC schools going to call to complain? It's like drug dealers filing a police report after getting ripped off.

Advertisement

Some people just really don't get it. I attended Auburn in the mid 90's. Was friends with a number of football players. Kids were getting paid just to visit back then.

Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart made what some inside his camp would consider one of his biggest visits to date on Tuesday as he toured Georgia for the first time while on a road trip with some of his high school teammates.

"It was great," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone. "It's a great campus with great facilities. Overall it was amazing."

Stewart, who the industry-generated 247Sports Composite pegs as the nation's No. 7 overall recruit in the class of 2022, spent most of the day hanging around UGA defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, who he crossed paths with last week down at FIU.

"He told me that he could really use me and showed me how he wants to use me," Stewart said.

Stewart also got to shake hands with Kirby Smart for the first time.

"He's a great dude," Stewart of Smart.

Stewart isn't sure when he will get back to Athens, but confirmed that the Bulldogs are in line to receive and official visit from him at some point during the season.

"I mean they are definitely in the top five," Stewart said.

Stewart took and official visit to LSU two weeks ago. He has also been to Miami three times since the NCAA lifted its recruiting dead period on June 1 and made additional stops at Ohio State, Florida and Notre Dame.

While Stewart isn't planning to release that "top five" anytime soon, it sounds like the Buckeyes, Hurricanes and Bulldogs should be viewed as contenders moving forward in the recruitment.

Stewart raved about Ohio State this past weekend at the Future 50 after getting a chance to work with assistant Larry Johnson.

"It's D-line U," Stewart said.

Stewart also seems to be pretty comfortable with the players and coaches at Miami, which in turn is why he's spending so much time in Coral Gables.

"I have known [James Williams] since he was at Pace," Stewart said in reference to the five-star safety that signed with UM last cycle.

Texas A&M is another school Stewart has talked about taking an official visit to recently.

Stewart is listed at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is coming off a junior season in which he missed a number of games due to a sprained AC joint and a severe bone bruise in his knee.

Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart made what some inside his camp would consider one of his biggest visits to date on Tuesday as he toured Georgia for the first time while on a road trip with some of his high school teammates.

"It was great," Stewart told 247Sports when reached by phone. "It's a great campus with great facilities. Overall it was amazing."

Stewart, who the industry-generated 247Sports Composite pegs as the nation's No. 7 overall recruit in the class of 2022, spent most of the day hanging around UGA defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, who he crossed paths with last week down at FIU.

"He told me that he could really use me and showed me how he wants to use me," Stewart said.

Stewart isn't sure when he will get back to Athens, but confirmed that the Bulldogs are in line to receive and official visit from him at some point during the season.

Stewart took and official visit to LSU two weeks ago. He has also been to Miami three times since the NCAA lifted its recruiting dead period on June 1 and made additional stops at Ohio State, Florida and Notre Dame.

While Stewart isn't planning to release that "top five" anytime soon, it sounds like the Buckeyes, Hurricanes and Bulldogs should be viewed as contenders moving forward in the recruitment.

Stewart raved about Ohio State this past weekend at the Future 50 after getting a chance to work with assistant Larry Johnson.

Stewart also seems to be pretty comfortable with the players and coaches at Miami, which in turn is why he's spending so much time in Coral Gables.

"I have known [James Williams] since he was at Pace," Stewart said in reference to the five-star safety that signed with UM last cycle.

Texas A&M is another school Stewart has talked about taking an official visit to recently.

Stewart is listed at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is coming off a junior season in which he missed a number of games due to a sprained AC joint and a severe bone bruise in his knee.
here we go batman GIF

Crootin' ain't for the weak boys! Saddle up! We might be in the driver seat but we need to win some **** games this year!

Cane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back