Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Is he going to post a picture of himself from this century so that he can be recognized while there?

I guess one could just find the old white guy in a mini skirt following all the former players around with a pen and pad taking their sammich orders.
CBF57847-337C-4F60-9E5C-4AAF0D47A8C3.gif

Advertisement
Kirby just made a new "big deal" hire in their recruiting department. Mansell is pretty much telling their board he is going to be key with Shemar. Here's the write up on the hire:

Georgia has filled a key role on its support staff. Dawgs247 has learned that Peach State native David Cooper will join Kirby Smart's staff as the Director of Recruiting Relations. Cooper, who played his college ball at Indiana, has perviously worked at Louisville, Florida, Texas A&M, The Citadel, and the high school ranks.

He was hired by Louisville as a recruiting coordinator in February of 2021 and spent approximately four months on the job. He was primarily in charge of recruiting the defensive side of the ball. He spent the 2019 and 2020 seasons at Florida where he served as an aid to the defensive side of the ball and primarily defensive line coach David Turner. Cooper helped the Gators land five-star defensive tackle Gervon Dexter before leaving for the job at Louisville.

"At Florida, I started out just working with the defensive line with Coach Turner," Cooper told Cardinal Authority.com. "And we brought in Gervon Dexter, Princely Umanmielan, we brought in some four-star, five-star type guys. When other staff members started noticing what I could do they started like, Hey, can you help me out with this position and all that, and I ended up really just kind of helping everybody out and not primarily stuck on the defensive line. And it was good. We had a lot of good players that we brought in. And what I noticed and what was good is that when I left I had so many people hit me up. And you would think it's players, but it was mainly parents. Some of them were kind of mad but they understood. They were like, 'Man how could you leave us' and stuff like that but they were like good luck and stuff like that. But yeah, it was pretty cool just touching the lives of the parents and the kids."

Cooper is the older brother of Florida State defensive lineman Robert Cooper. He served as a coach for the South Gwinnett Comets while his brother was being recruited by a number of high-profile programs. He was in a coaching-oriented role while at The Citadel and Texas A&M but shifted more toward recruiting at Florida.

As a linebacker at Indiana, Cooper started 36 games. He recorded 231 total tackles (136 solo), 18 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, four pass breakups, a fumble recovery and a forced fumble. He was honored as Indiana's 2014 Defensive Teammate of the Year as his college career ended.
So some off field staffer that’s from GA is going to be big for a kid from Miami? @htownkidd i think we’ve just entered bizarro world

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gonna be a defense heavy class anyways

Including Rambo and Justice, we got 13 offensive players in 2021.
Including Johnson and Tyrique, we got 12 defensive players in 2021 (assuming Curtis plays defense).

Including transfers, we got 13 offensive players in 2020.
Including transfers, we got 12 defensive players in 2020.

Just thinking out loud, but it's been pretty balanced the past 2 classes. I wouldn't think the staff would want to go super heavy on defense. But we'll see.

If some off the field staffer who can’t even stay in one place for longer than a couple years has a bigger impact than a local guy who has been on the kid for years, graduated from his HS and played in the league along with T Rob, then we are more screwed than we think.

Advertisement
Including Rambo and Justice, we got 13 offensive players in 2021.
Including Johnson and Tyrique, we got 12 defensive players in 2021 (assuming Curtis plays defense).

Including transfers, we got 13 offensive players in 2020.
Including transfers, we got 12 defensive players in 2020.

Just thinking out loud, but it's been pretty balanced the past 2 classes. I wouldn't think the staff would want to go super heavy on defense. But we'll see.
we going heavy at CB. i know that

Kirby just made a new "big deal" hire in their recruiting department. Mansell is pretty much telling their board he is going to be key with Shemar. Here's the write up on the hire:

Georgia has filled a key role on its support staff. Dawgs247 has learned that Peach State native David Cooper will join Kirby Smart's staff as the Director of Recruiting Relations. Cooper, who played his college ball at Indiana, has perviously worked at Louisville, Florida, Texas A&M, The Citadel, and the high school ranks.

He was hired by Louisville as a recruiting coordinator in February of 2021 and spent approximately four months on the job. He was primarily in charge of recruiting the defensive side of the ball. He spent the 2019 and 2020 seasons at Florida where he served as an aid to the defensive side of the ball and primarily defensive line coach David Turner. Cooper helped the Gators land five-star defensive tackle Gervon Dexter before leaving for the job at Louisville.

"At Florida, I started out just working with the defensive line with Coach Turner," Cooper told Cardinal Authority.com. "And we brought in Gervon Dexter, Princely Umanmielan, we brought in some four-star, five-star type guys. When other staff members started noticing what I could do they started like, Hey, can you help me out with this position and all that, and I ended up really just kind of helping everybody out and not primarily stuck on the defensive line. And it was good. We had a lot of good players that we brought in. And what I noticed and what was good is that when I left I had so many people hit me up. And you would think it's players, but it was mainly parents. Some of them were kind of mad but they understood. They were like, 'Man how could you leave us' and stuff like that but they were like good luck and stuff like that. But yeah, it was pretty cool just touching the lives of the parents and the kids."

Cooper is the older brother of Florida State defensive lineman Robert Cooper. He served as a coach for the South Gwinnett Comets while his brother was being recruited by a number of high-profile programs. He was in a coaching-oriented role while at The Citadel and Texas A&M but shifted more toward recruiting at Florida.

As a linebacker at Indiana, Cooper started 36 games. He recorded 231 total tackles (136 solo), 18 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, four pass breakups, a fumble recovery and a forced fumble. He was honored as Indiana's 2014 Defensive Teammate of the Year as his college career ended.

This is fantastic news. Stewart is WAY too light to be a DL the way that Cooper recruited at UiF.

I just have this feeling that at paradise we pick up commitments from about 5 guys. Here’s me calling my shot:
Stewart
Wesley
Graves
Spells
Rogers

Only issue is that all those guys are on defense lol.
Would take that in a second

Advertisement
If some off the field staffer who can’t even stay in one place for longer than a couple years has a bigger impact than a local guy who has been on the kid for years, graduated from his HS and played in the league along with T Rob, then we are more screwed than we think.
I felt the same way when a Cane who played DB at Miami and in the NFL and came to Miami to coach and still got spurned by his own kids.

How that happened I will never know

/SECBAGS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back