Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
From what I remember, Tyrique was on campus nearly very other week. Hopefully having him on the squad and being able to tell others what he did wrong in his recruitment to eventually transfer in will be the cautionary tale that these kids need to hear. All we need is a coupe of classes to resestablish relevance and eventually dominance and this local talent faucet may never shut down again. One can hope!

Jess has really.impressed me this cycle. He completed overhauled our DL board and reached out to some Dawgs! This DL class could potentially be all - world and, if it is, Jess deserves a lot of credit.

Shemar and Kelly appear to be UMs to lose. When was the last time we led for 2 5 star local DL in June?

Why? He’s going to be one of the 3 main guys on the edge.
Don't know,I guess maybe because the Tenn transfer is ahead of him?.When there was talk a few weeks back about who from miami was going to hit the portal a couple of podcast I listened to hinted Cam could be one.Didn't make sense to me considering how thin we're there and the opportunity for snaps.

Advertisement
From what I remember, Tyrique was on campus nearly very other week. Hopefully having him on the squad and being able to tell others what he did wrong in his recruitment to eventually transfer in will be the cautionary tale that these kids need to hear. All we need is a coupe of classes to resestablish relevance and eventually dominance and this local talent faucet may never shut down again. One can hope!
I think Tyrique left to get out of Miami. Like I’ve said some of these kids really do need to leave the city and grow. It’s not all about football

Good to hear that about Cam Williams,had heard in a couple places he might hit the portal.
If are a vet and they aren’t in the portal by now it makes no sense to wait until the end of summer courses and start of fall camp for a vet player to leave

Advertisement
Cam Williams is not going to transfer. He is a key part of the edge rotation.

Dude is still a RS freshman "thanks" to Covid and he is going to learn from one of the best in the business. At worst, he will be a edge rusher in clear pass rushing situations.

Edge is one of the positions where no one is above the other. Everyone is kinda working at the same level rn. They will rotate guys in and out, looking to always have fresh players in there.

I think if we look competitive against Bama, we'll be in great shape.

Something I've heard recruits say: for example, one of the kids who committed to Arizona State this year said in an interview something like, "I think they're just a few guys like me away from beating USC." Something along those lines. I also heard Zach Rice in an interview say about Virginia (paraphrased), "If they can be that competitive with the players they have, I can imagine what they could do with a guy like me on the roster."

The point is, if we can make Stewart, Wilson, some of these other big fish feel like, "The U just needs me and another big timer or two, and we'll be beating Bama," that would be good enough. Anyone who wants us to beat Bama first is just a front-runner anyway.

Exactly; hence why I said I’m not worried about a L, per say, vs. the way we lose. Of course I want the W by hook or crook, BUT if we do lose, how we lose will go a long way. We can’t have another Clemson or UNC type performance while the nation watching !

Advertisement

Highlights:

Stewart spent the entire day watching. He stood on the sideline with DeMarcus Van Dyke — a Miami Gardens Monsignor Pace alumnus, who was particulary fired up about the Spartans’ run. He hung out with Kahlil Brantley and James Williams. The five-star defensive lineman, of course, also spent time talking with Jess Simpson.
At the end of the day, the Miami Hurricanes even gave him the honor of presenting “the referee’s Heisman,” as David Cooney dubbed it — a trophy of a football player with his torso painted in alternating black and white stripes, which the director of recruiting lightheartedly awarded to the player or quality control coach who was the camps’ best referee. Stewart dashed over the “ceremony,” handed the trophy to Danny Kalter and posed for a photo with the special teams quality control analyst, who gave Stewart his flag as a keepsake.

“Of course it’s a big honor,” Stewart joked as he left the camp.

Stewart’s trip to Coral Gables this weekend was his third in the first 13 days since the 15-month dead period ended June 1. Stewart was on campus for the Hurricanes’ “First Day Out” cookout June 1, then returned the next day to hang out with Brantley and Williams on June 2. After taking his official visit with the LSU Tigers last weekend and attending the Under Armour Future 50 camp Saturday, Stewart was back at Miami on Sunday.

Stewart didn’t work out at the Future 50 because he tweaked his knee and he didn’t work out at the camp Sunday, either, so he instead day alternately chatting with Hurricanes players and coaches, and rooting on his teammates. He also got to talk with Fort Myers Bishop Verot cornerback Chris Graves, who had an individual workout with Van Dyke and defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson.

Stewart, who’s the No. 7 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite rankings for the 2022 recruiting class, said the number of visits this month has helped change his opinion of the Hurricanes and Miami feels optimistic about where it stands in the Under Armour All-American’s recruitment.

“Of course,” Stewart said. “The culture is definitely changing more. They’re more hard on their players to get where they want to be in the future.”

The message from Simpson and the Hurricanes, he said, is simple.

“He just keeps telling me, We need you,” the 6-foot-5, 260-pound defensive end said. “He said I can be their missing piece that they need.”

Stewart followed his latest Miami visit by heading to Gainesville for an unofficial visit with the Florida Gators. The senior also has unofficial visits lined up with the Florida State Seminoles, Clemson Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks and Georgia Bulldogs before a new dead period begins June 28.

Stewart’s still in no rush to make a commitment, he said, targeting National Signing Day to make an announcement. He’s saving his other four official visits for the season and the Hurricanes will almost certainly get one.

With a decision still potentially almost eight months away, Stewart has visited Miami far more than any other school and it’ll probably stay this way until he makes his commitment. It’s still early in his process, but Stewart is impressed by what Diaz is building.

“He’s an amazing guy. He’s an amazing coach,” Stewart said. “I think he’s building something special here.”

Don't know,I guess maybe because the Tenn transfer is ahead of him?.When there was talk a few weeks back about who from miami was going to hit the portal a couple of podcast I listened to hinted Cam could be one.Didn't make sense to me considering how thin we're there and the opportunity for snaps.
DE is wide open he aint going anywhere

Advertisement
Not that I bank on this intel, but Ferman put in a forecast for him to Miami as well. Just adding that as it's more of a triangulation of information. CIS (#1), 247, and Rivals all have pro-UM projections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back