Shemar Stewart Perspective

On a recent Footballville episode, they mentioned that Mario still talks to Moe almost every day. That seems strange to me, but I guess it makes sense if he is going to be involved in future recruitments.

Advertisement
I know this feels like a big miss now. He would've been our highest ranked recruit in this class. And maybe he blows up at Texas A&M and becomes a big miss. But he might bust.

Look at the top recruit in our class since 2010:

2010 - Seantrel Henderson #1
2011 - Anthony Chickillo #22
2012 - Duke Johnson #20
2013 - AQM #48
2014 - Chad Thomas #25
2015 - Mark Walton #83
2016 - Sam Bruce #84
2017 - Jeff Thomas #40
2018 - Lorenzo Lingard #25
2019 - Jeremiah Payton #54
2020 - Avante Williams #45
2021 - Leonard Taylor #11
2022 - Cyrus Moss #69

Williams/Taylor/Moss are TBD. There's some nice players, but I think Duke Johnson is really the only guy who actually moved the needle for us in Wins & Losses.

My point is a class is bigger than any one recruit. Mario was able to get Top 100 guys like Moss/Kelly/Skinner - and it's usually that volume vs a single player that makes the difference. Just keep stacking.
It would be interesting to put the highest raked miss from each class, that we had a realistic shot at. Just a thought

Completely agree.

I think there's a ton of reasons a player might not work - lack of coaching/development, injuries, they didn't have it upstairs, they were just incorrectly overrated to begin with, etc.

Alabama consistently has 1-2 Top 50 guys in every class that become busts. But when you're getting 5-6+ Top 50 guys each class, the busts go unnoticed. With Miami, because we've been getting so few Top 50/100 type guys, each miss becomes amplified because we're so dependent on each one working out.

The key isn't any one player - it's a numbers game. The % of those that don't work can stay the same as long as overall amount is increasing.
It's all at the margins. Say you get one more top flight player in each class that you've previously missed.

At some point, that could be three quality defensive starters and ine offensive (I'm just making up these ratios) of your 22 starters. That could make a huge difference for a single season record.

Advertisement
From what I gather from the whole situation is Moe already signed sealed and delivered Shemar to TAMU before Mario got there thinking Diaz would still be there. It seems like he didn't anticipate Mario coming and having the respect he has around the country and having a very strong staff. It seems like he's lining himself up for future meals by keeping the lines of communications open with Mario as Mario and his staff have deep ties to SFLA. Know the people you deal with. Moe is a snake however if he can be used in a way that benefits us with quality players, it's part of the process.

Marquez said NIL deals did not tilt his decision toward A&M. In fact, his NIL “market would be better down here,” Marquez said.

LoL, but then Marquez would have to return his check. Stewart was not obligated to sign on 2/2/22 if it was down to speaking with Coach Steele. This interview is Marquez looking for his next street agent gig.

Shermar had the easier pathway to play and become Star here. He wanted to stay home but he’s going to a small town in TX and into a situation where he might not play meaningfully snaps as a freshman. On top of that, he could of made more money via NIL at Miami and provide for his family.

How did Moe help Shemar in this whole situation? Not like A&M is putting out elite DL to the league or winning national championships. They were 8-4. Now he’s running his mouth to the paper and implying Shemar is not happy about his choice.

Advertisement
Ultimately Shemar gonna have to live with the realization he got duped by a DJ Khaled look alike to live in the same neighborhood as the family from Texas Chainsaw Massacre vs being a star for your hometown team on the rise. Is what it is. All parties can move forward and best of luck to the kid............Moe can go play in traffic

From what I gather from the whole situation is Moe already signed sealed and delivered Shemar to TAMU before Mario got there thinking Diaz would still be there. It seems like he didn't anticipate Mario coming and having the respect he has around the country and having a very strong staff. It seems like he's lining himself up for future meals by keeping the lines of communications open with Mario as Mario and his staff have deep ties to SFLA. Know the people you deal with. Moe is a snake however if he can be used in a way that benefits us with quality players, it's part of the process.
"Future meals" in hilarious whether intentional or not on your part.

How is this **** even legal? don't you have to have a license to even represent someone? I mean a private high school in Miami allows this to happen?

Advertisement
IMO this "piece" is Moe's attempt to get people off his back and a warning. He's dangling a Shemar transfer and his connection with other top recruits to say, "hey, don't treat me like the pos I really am becuz I just might deliver Shemar and others." This is nothing more than a PR piece to allow him to show his fat face around SFL and not get it smashed in.

Advertisement
I just watched tinder swindler and I kept saying “how can this be real!”

But then here we have people interviewing moe and believing anything that comes out of his mouth.

mario will find a way to connect directly with shemar and make moe obsolete. just give it time,
I would stay so far away from him or any kid he represents from now on if I was coach.

The man could get paid millions by another booster base to snitch on us if we start rolling.

Never deal with people who’s sole interest is that bag above all costs.

If the ncaa tried to pay dudes for info you better believe some ****ed off sec millionaire is willing to do the same.

Advertisement
Back