Shemar Stewart Perspective

Only 19% of 4 stars and 57% of 5 stars get drafted, so I'd say they developed at pretty normal rate. We just haven't stacked enough talent.
Agree, focusing one one or two 5’s on your list at a position is a no go. Shotgun the position. Just move on from recruit to recruit, gonna hit on one/some. Quality is great in the short term. Quality/Quantity works for the long term.

Advertisement
considering that the first Stewart thread is closed, i am posting this here. from the Miami Herald:

▪ Miami Gardens Monsignor Pace’s Shemar Stewart, rated by Rivals as the No. 30 overall player and No. 4 defensive end in the 2022 class, ultimately chose Texas A&M over Miami. But Moe Marquez — a Pace High defensive coach who guided Stewart through the recruiting process — said last week that Stewart was torn over whether to go to the Aggies or Hurricanes and didn’t decide until the day of the news conference. What’s more, there’s a decent chance he could end up at UM at some point.

Asked if he would be surprised if Stewart someday ends up playing for the Hurricanes, Marquez said: “I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens. Miami is his home. Right now, he’s focused on getting to A&M.” Marquez said NIL deals did not tilt his decision toward A&M. In fact, his NIL “market would be better down here,” Marquez said. “He’s a Miami kid.” So why did Stewart pick Miami? “He had more of a relationship with that staff for longer,” Marquez said. “The staff at Miami wasn’t put together as yet. They hired [defensive coordinator] Kevin Steele the night prior” to signing day.

And though Marquez spoke with Steele before Stewart announced his decision, Miami hired Steele during a dead period and Steele could not speak directly with Stewart.

▪ Marquez, for his part, has become a serious player in the South Florida recruiting world. He’s entering his fifth year at Pace and 13th year in high school coaching, having had previous stops at Davie University School and Lauderdale Lakes Boyd Anderson. He also has helped run West Pembroke Optimist Club. He has become a trusted mentor for several top South Florida high school prospects during the years, including Georgia’s Kenny McIntosh, Stewart and Indiana’s Josh Sanguinetti. “I’m here trying to help kids [i.e. me, myself and I],” Marquez said.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article259051358.html#storylink=cpy

considering that the first Stewart thread is closed, i am posting this here. from the Miami Herald:

▪ Miami Gardens Monsignor Pace’s Shemar Stewart, rated by Rivals as the No. 30 overall player and No. 4 defensive end in the 2022 class, ultimately chose Texas A&M over Miami. But Moe Marquez — a Pace High defensive coach who guided Stewart through the recruiting process — said last week that Stewart was torn over whether to go to the Aggies or Hurricanes and didn’t decide until the day of the news conference. What’s more, there’s a decent chance he could end up at UM at some point.

Asked if he would be surprised if Stewart someday ends up playing for the Hurricanes, Marquez said: “I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens. Miami is his home. Right now, he’s focused on getting to A&M.” Marquez said NIL deals did not tilt his decision toward A&M. In fact, his NIL “market would be better down here,” Marquez said. “He’s a Miami kid.” So why did Stewart pick Miami? “He had more of a relationship with that staff for longer,” Marquez said. “The staff at Miami wasn’t put together as yet. They hired [defensive coordinator] Kevin Steele the night prior” to signing day.

And though Marquez spoke with Steele before Stewart announced his decision, Miami hired Steele during a dead period and Steele could not speak directly with Stewart.

▪ Marquez, for his part, has become a serious player in the South Florida recruiting world. He’s entering his fifth year at Pace and 13th year in high school coaching, having had previous stops at Davie University School and Lauderdale Lakes Boyd Anderson. He also has helped run West Pembroke Optimist Club. He has become a trusted mentor for several top South Florida high school prospects during the years, including Georgia’s Kenny McIntosh, Stewart and Indiana’s Josh Sanguinetti. “I’m here trying to help kids [i.e. me, myself and I],” Marquez said.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article259051358.html#storylink=cpy
That Moe really is a f'n 🐍. I'll just never understand why Shemar and his family would basically allow this guy to have such great influence over their son and his decision. Everything they got they would've gotten without him.

That Moe really is a f'n 🐍. I'll just never understand why Shemar and his family would basically allow this guy to have such great influence over their son and his decision. Everything they got they would've gotten without him.
when the family unit is broken or weak for whatever reason, predators take notice and take advantage.

If he needed more time, why didn’t he wait to sign like the kid from Seattle??? That would of been the correct approach to take, if you are truly trying to mentor the kid and make the best decision. If he’s going to A&M with this mindset, he’s on transfer watch once he encounters any adversity. And why is the Herald putting this out?? Why is the coach talking transfer before his first practice? All around this is a sad situation, if he doesn’t fulfill his potential.

Advertisement
I remember when so many were white-knighting him around here.
Not gonna lie... I disliked him from the beginning and then I kinda laid off from the hate and I gave him benefit of the doubt off that Footballville interview because I didn't know beforehand that Shemar lived with him and he was basically taking the role of a father to Shemar. You never know a kids situation and maybe Shemar needed that. BUT as it got closer to signing day, his snake ways kept showing and it was clear he was using the kid smh.

Advertisement
If he needed more time, why didn’t he wait to sign like the kid from Seattle??? That would of been the correct approach to take, if you are truly trying to mentor the kid and make the best decision. If he’s going to A&M with this mindset, he’s on transfer watch once he encounters any adversity. And why is the Herald putting this out?? Why is the coach talking transfer before his first practice? All around this is a sad situation, if he doesn’t fulfill his potential.

I'm sure A7M was putting pressure on him to make a decision with the amount of talent they had stacked up. They knew if they gave him more time he would probably stay home

He didn't need more time. It's just a BS excuse. Their only goal putting that out there was to create an excuse for their commitment elsewhere and soften the blow. That's why it makes no sense to the logical people. Because, as you point out, nothing (except greed) prevented Stewart from waiting until 4/1 to sign, if he really wanted to explore a relationship with the entire staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t there an article that said Shemar signed his NIL deal the night before, or am I remembering wrong? So the “day of” thing is a lie.

But saying he could transfer back home before he even leaves town is hilarious. Pass on him and every other kid this guy is connected to.

How could he "end up playing for the Hurricanes"? Is he planning on withdrawing his commitment to TAMU and switching to UM? Jimbo isn't going to let him transfer just because he's homesick.

If Stewart does try to transfer, its almost certainly going to be because he isn't starting at TAMU. And why would Cristobal have interest in a player that spurned him and then isn't good enough to play at TAMU? Fortunately Mario is a good enough recruiter that if Stewart tries to come around again, Mario can say, "Sorry, son. You had your chance."

Advertisement
Back