2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yep. We hired an elite recruiter 3 years too late. You don’t even have to recruit anymore. What’s your NIL package you can offer kids? Miami is probably top 10 in America in our NIL operation but it’s only going to widen the gap of UM and Alabama, Ohio State, A&M, UGA, LSU, etc who now openly have bags and whose states are more NIL advantageous than Florida.

Yep only to the NIL trumps all thing. Not close to Ruiz’s fault. Small private schools can’t hang with large public institutions.
youre correct my man
i was just deflecting blame from mario hahahaha
mario has the hidden slurper in me coming out hahahaha

They’ve supposedly signed up for a total of $25-30M for their 2022 class

Miami is at like $2M for their entire roster. Not surprised

hard to imagine that figure is true, you’d have to pony up money for current players….that’s going to add up to over 100M. I guess anything’s possible, but that’s going to burst. Can’t keep that kind of money quite for long.

Lol. Not sure what this means but if TAMU wants to shell out 30M per year on NIL deals to buy recruiting classes..I sure hope they get some hardware in their trophy cases sometime this century to validate that.

SMU were buying classes back in the early 80s and have no "real" national titles to show for it. So have at it, TAMU! Lol.
If their big money comes from oil... stop driving cars that run on fossil fuels.

Look, it's a long shot and probably not going to hit them in the pocket before Stewart signs on the dotted line tomorrow, but it's all I've got. I don't have $500m lying around. I'm an ideas guy. :ROFLMAO:

I dont think anyone on this site (except trolls) think there is any team out there that can compete with the oil money in Texas. That includes Bama and UGA. But Saban and Kirby find a way to sell there product along with the promise of money knowing they cant (or wont) turn this into a bidding war for every player who demands it.... Thats just what Mario has to do.

TAMU will need to deliver some titles to keep these rolling payrolls going too. You talk of long Texas money...they didnt get that money by shelling out a 30M payroll for every recruiting class every year. I give Jimbo 3 years before that payroll starts getting audited and players start seeing the ugly business side of these NIL deals.
IRS field day.

Advertisement
I dont know how we got on a topic about TAMU and their money. Lets move on from this..we get it..they have money. Every team in the country has to deal with them not just UM. Lets stop with the money excuses. Sell what you got and keep your fingers crossed. Thats all Mario can do.

From what I can see so far, we wont be running in to them too much in 2023 with the targets we have on the big board thus far so its a moot point. We might go toe to toe with them once or twice a year. Some kids dont care how much money you give them..they not moving to College Station. Others feel different. Its all in the game. (RIP Michael K Williams)

You’re gonna blame one of the only guys that’s getting our players paid? How about blaming all the other ones who couldn’t care less. I’m still waiting on all the money most of the people here we’re claiming was gonna start piling in.
yea
we need alumni to step up
i wish someone like the rock would help out
hes worth hundreds of millions and his social media presence alone is worth millions
mario needs to hit him up and start having him tag the somoans on his social media

Advertisement
Yes! Been a cane fan since the first title! Didn't use google!
That’s solid. I think if A&M ever wins something you’ll know a lot of those guys names. The average cane fan of today didn’t know that name until recently. If A&M ever wins something those guys names will come out. They’re egomaniacs in Texas

Bro!! Go the nearest dispensary and take a deep breath.
Dee fuggg are you talking about.
*** trafficking, buying police departments?!
You all right man. Do we need to do a wellness check?
LOL...I need help. It's quite a dystopian view, huh?

That’s solid. I think if A&M ever wins something you’ll know a lot of those guys names. The average cane fan of today didn’t know that name until recently. If A&M ever wins something those guys names will come out. They’re egomaniacs in Texas
Tru, but i think we will kno who they are once we see the players promoting/marketing for the texas oil men!

Advertisement
Well, here’s the thing….NIL is supposed to be for the value of the name image and likeness. So, Shemar would be using his NIL to promote something. Based on these “NIL” deals going on at Texas A&M, how could he possibly deliver hundreds of thousands of dollars in value for his NIL? I imagine you are spending more in NIL than these bull**** entities are worth. I am not familiar with the laws etc, but clearly it’s not a fair market value.
just like our guys promoting life wallet. NIL is going to be a disaster for the game.

Well, here’s the thing….NIL is supposed to be for the value of the name image and likeness. So, Shemar would be using his NIL to promote something. Based on these “NIL” deals going on at Texas A&M, how could he possibly deliver hundreds of thousands of dollars in value for his NIL? I imagine you are spending more in NIL than these bull**** entities are worth. I am not familiar with the laws etc, but clearly it’s not a fair market value.
Who’s gonna make the determination that it’s more than “fair market value?” This is year one so the market is being set right now. The NCAA cant do anything about it. You really think state and federal governments are gonna complain about kids getting 6 figures that they have to pay taxes on? LOL they’ll gladly just take their portion and shut up.

Advertisement
I dont know how we got on a topic about TAMU and their money. Lets move on from this..we get it..they have money. Every team in the country has to deal with them not just UM. Lets stop with the money excuses. Sell what you got and keep your fingers crossed. Thats all Mario can do.

From what I can see so far, we wont be running in to them too much in 2023 with the targets we have on the big board thus far so its a moot point. We might go toe to toe with them once or twice a year. Some kids dont care how much money you give them..they not moving to College Station. Others feel different. Its all in the game. (RIP Michael K Williams)
I mean let's be honest - if some random bloke is going to give you life changing money at 18 JUST to play college football for his team for 3 years you'd move to Antartica.

The money being thrown around is third round pick in the NFL Draft type money. For unproven 18 year olds. If nothing else the NFL might step in shortly and tell them to tone it the **** down because they certainly don't want to pay players more.

Who’s gonna make the determination that it’s more than “fair market value?” This is year one so the market is being set right now. The NCAA cant do anything about it. You really think state and federal governments are gonna complain about kids getting 6 figures that they have to pay taxes on? LOL they’ll gladly just take their portion and shut up.

The fair market value can be assessed….it’s done all the time. The rest I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back